Talk about stall ball

Reading the NW-Sabine thread brought this one to mind. About four years ago Huntington beat Woodville 5-3 in a district game. Both teams were still contention for a possible play off spot. Refs didn't break a sweat......both teams had some key players out. Neither coach wanted to push the issue........I thought there was going to be a riot from both sides....lol

I as a player I hate stall ball >:(  I wish that at some point that the state of texas would inlist a shot clock in varstiy basketball.  ;D For most schools a 35 sec shot clock would not even phase them. ::) It would definitly be better for the fans and for players going to the next level. ;D I have seen alot of games turn into a free throw contest  with 5+ minutes to go in the fourth because a team is up 3-4. :-[  As a fan of the game this ruins a good game. :'(  A 35 sec would defenitly make a game more interesting. :o Any thoughts about it, some states already have shot clocks. ???

I as a player I hate stall ball >:(  I wish that at some point that the state of texas would inlist a shot clock in varstiy basketball.  ;D For most schools a 35 sec shot clock would not even phase them. ::) It would definitly be better for the fans and for players going to the next level. ;D I have seen alot of games turn into a free throw contest  with 5+ minutes to go in the fourth because a team is up 3-4. :-[  As a fan of the game this ruins a good game. :'(  A 35 sec would defenitly make a game more interesting. :o Any thoughts about it, some states already have shot clocks. ???

It would hurt the schools with weak players

A 45 second shot clock is very reasonable for high school basketball.  That is plenty of time to get off a decent shot, and it keeps the game moving along.  No one wants to see a team hold the ball for 8 minutes each quarter.  This is a relatively easy and cheap modification that the UIL is long overdue in implementing. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin