• Nederland
    • Ozen
    • PNG
    • Bridge City
    • WO-S
    • Orangefield
    • Kelly
    • Legacy

They are all Beaumont suburbs.           :D :D ;)

Thank goodness L-town isn't a 'burb of Boremont, now if we could just shake that red headed step child image we'd have it made.  ;D ;)

L-Town is made up of Beaumonts Westend... I think he just dropped the ball on L-Town... They a suburb too!

We can speculate all we want and predict, but who knows, especially now with ALL the coaching changes for next year.  I guess that's what I like most about Southeast Texas football......bout the time you think you have it all figured out, then you realize your right back to square one with your predictions!  With that being said, best of luck to ALL our teams this year and hopefully a state crown will be brought back to our neck of the woods!

Two different questions.  Who is the best team?  Who will have the best season?  Clearly, westbrook was a better team than Central last year, but you have to say central had the best season(of those two).

You know, I went back and watched that game again and I wonder what the outcome would have been had they played that game once the Jag offense got to rolling...the defense was strong but the team had changed alot since both teams played after Gustov and before Ike...On WB side, they've been running their scheme for 4 years now...while the Jags on the other hand were still trying to find an identity...let me ask you Westender....who was a more physical team?

Offensively, WB was more physical than the Central Dline.  Central had to stack the box to try and stop the run.  Blitzing was effective for a while, but Brook put up 40 and pulled starters in the 4th.  Central moved the ball against WB on offense(as did most teams we played).  I think the game would have been closer if played later, but Central wasn't going to stop Brook no matter when they played.  JMO

Who will have the best season?  I'm not talking about who could beat every team....Just an overall outlook....For example, a team could have gone 2-8 last year and this upcoming season they could go 2 rounds deep in the playoffs...Something like that would be a great season

How's Vidor looking for next year?

Offensively, WB was more physical than the Central Dline.  Central had to stack the box to try and stop the run.  Blitzing was effective for a while, but Brook put up 40 and pulled starters in the 4th.  Central moved the ball against WB on offense(as did most teams we played).   I think the game would have been closer if played later, but Central wasn't going to stop Brook no matter when they played.  JMO

We didn't stack the box...we played 5 and 6 man pressure...but you are right...we did blitz a bunch...b/c that our MO...we ran an odd scheme meaning we had 3 down linemen and would stem our front to drop a LB.  When we played the Brook we stalled out running the Flex, but once we ran the Wishbone; we became another team...utilizing our talents...shoot it seemed our Coaches were trying to fit that square peg in that round hole...good thing those dudes woke up and fixed the issues!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder