Were You Satisified With Your Team Friday?

Guest Wildcat 08

WOS92. Real classy talk. Complaining about having such a good team.

You and kvilleballa must have each other on speed dial.

Post was: Were you satisfied with your teams performance?

I enjoy watching WOS represent this district in the playoffs. Would hate to start rooting for the other districts just so you can be humbled. Don't speak for the team.

I was just agreeing with the previous poster, who said he was pleased with our team but disappointed that we're not toughening up for a postseason run. Where did I complain about my team? To call me cocky or classless - or compare me to KVILLEBALLA - is a VERY classless move on your part. Where did I speak for the team any more than any other poster here? Classy, brother. There was nothing offensive about my post. If the post was "Were you satisfied with your team's performance," then which one of us is more off-topic - me or you?

Nice way to represent yourself with your 13th post.

KJB324 wrote:

How is WOS suppose to prepare for the playoffs in this district. This year I thought it would be better with Jasper and Silsbee in district but im not so sure anymore.
%7Boption%7D

WOS hasn't played Jasper or Silsbee this year, so I wouldn't start putting the Mustang before the cart just yet. It's true Silsbee has been up and down this year, but they seem to be on the upswing at home with impressive wins over Houston Sterling (who beat a good Bmt. Central team the very next week), Newton (last years 2A state champions who are ranked #1 in 2A again this year), & Bridge City who seem to be a little up and down themselves this year, but they did play in that same district with, and almost beat WOS last year if I remember correctly, and yes this game will be played in Silsbee. WOS has another great team this year as expected, and are definitely the team to beat. I hope Silsbee wont let you down this week, and don't think Jasper can't jump up and beat ya on any given week, no matter what their record is to date.

If the Silsbee Tigers do find a way to win Friday night against this GREAT WOS team whom we've all come to admire so much, even if it's another sloppy win, my guess is they will take the W, and be happy with it.

Guest GoStangs

they did play in that same district with, and almost beat WOS last year if I remember correctly

Silsbee and WOS haven't played in a few years, but the last time they played, WOS beat the Tigers 41-6. They shared a common playoff opponent last year, Palestine, who beat Silsbee 62-43, but lost to WOS 42-13. Either way, this is a new year with two pretty good teams, and whatever happened in the past isn't going to help us much this year -- I'm still trying to lobby for WOS to carry points over from past seasons, but as of yet, it's been to no avail. :wink:

This is going to be a good game. Silsbee will play their best and they can be assured they're going to get a good effort from WOS. Whoever wins will have an inside shot at a district championship, and since we won't be facing each other in the playoffs this year, we can both sit back after the game and cheer each other on through the postseason, if we can see our teams make it that far. Hopefully, both teams will gain a lot of experience from playing each other and come out of the game with no injuries.

Guest GoStangs

PS -- Back on topic. I've been pretty impressed with WOS this year, and Friday night was no exception. The offense and defense looked very good, and while the game wasn't too exciting, the potential of this team is really starting to show. Hopefully, they can keep improving...

I have to admit WOS would probably beat most of the 4A teams in this area. They dominated BH in a game scrimmage, Beat Dayton in Dayton beat LCM. Honestly i don't see many 3A teams this year hanging with them. My on opinion.

WOS,

Apologize for the misquote, but in agreeing with the previous post, states you have the same opinion of the district. Personnally,

I think the district is great, lots of competition between 7 of the 8 schools. Enjoy the district if it is so weak because you are "guaranteed a playoff spot while the rest of us will take pride in our wins and losses.

WOS' date='

Apologize for the misquote, but in agreeing with the previous post, states you have the same opinion of the district. Personnally,

I think the district is great, lots of competition between 7 of the 8 schools. Enjoy the district if it is so weak because you are "guaranteed a playoff spot while the rest of us will take pride in our wins and losses.[/quote']

My intention is not to cut down the other teams. I hope silsbee and jasper play a tough game against WOS. It will only make the teams better. But so far against Kirbyville,HF,and HJ its really been no test at all. Some of the starters wont know what its like to play 4 full quarters until the playoffs. They get taken out after the first half to try and keep the games close. But we need to quit sugarcoating everything cuz if any of these teams want to ever win a couple games in the playoffs they are gonna have to step it up soon. But I hope that the silsbee,jasper,bridge city, and orangefield teams do show up and test WOS and even give them a scare. Cuz thats what its gonna take for WOS to be completely ready for the playoffs. Otherwise they will be at a disadvantage.

I watched WOS twice this year. The scrimmage against Vidor and the Dayton game. They just had to much speed for Vidor to control, but the Dayton game was close until after half time, and then it seemed to me that Dayton just ran out of gas. I was very impressed with WOS's Offence and their ability to get the ball in the hands of so many different players, it's not so much that they have more talent on the field than other teams, but they play as a unit, without selfishness, when one scores they all score. To see that as early in the season as it was I knew then that WOS would be a force to be reconed with.

Wos will get tested. Kirbyville didn't play up to their potentials. And for Jasper they can hang it up. Its just an bad season for them. I don't see Silsbee doing nothing with Wos. Silsbee beat an average Newton team that got waxed by Kirbyville. I've read many threads saying that Kirbyville don't have no defense. Those who posting that. I can promise you we blowing people out from here on out.

My team totally upset me with all the dropped balls... It was a perfect time to show that the Jags can compete with Dayton and they blew it!!! I still think Dayton came in lucky and caught our district in a down year. LCM or the Jags upset them... mark my word!

duely noted :wink:

Last Firday night Deweyville's JV did a great job and beat Sabine Pass Varsity 40-29. Deweyville lost the starting QB in 1st quarter and the kids pulled together with some great play calling to pull the win out. It was great to see the young men rally around the coaches. It was on of those games you knew you were going to win.

Wos will get tested. Kirbyville didn't play up to their potentials. And for Jasper they can hang it up. Its just an bad season for them. I don't see Silsbee doing nothing with Wos. Silsbee beat an average Newton team that got waxed by Kirbyville. I've read many threads saying that Kirbyville don't have no defense. Those who posting that. I can promise you we blowing people out from here on out.

Didn't Carthage blow out Kirbyville and only barely escape Newton?

My team totally upset me with all the dropped balls... It was a perfect time to show that the Jags can compete with Dayton and they blew it!!! I still think Dayton came in lucky and caught our district in a down year. LCM or the Jags upset them... mark my word!

Down year??? OK......whatever. No one said it was going to be a down year when the UIL put us over here. All we heard was how "dayton would get introduced to real football."

Also, I am glad that you think Dayton is better than Central. How else could Central "upset" Dayton?

Guest Pirate V Ball

Dayton has done very well, you guys have a great team. Normally Ozen is much better, this is their worst start EVER. PNG and Nederland are down this year as well. Every so often this happens.

Dayton has done very well' date=' you guys have a great team. Normally Ozen is much better, this is their worst start EVER. PNG and Nederland are down this year as well. Every so often this happens.[/quote']

I understand that.... but everyone told us that we were coming from the "Weak" district and that our playoff streak did not mean as much. Anyway, Thanks for the complement.

Guest EagleFan01

I don't remember Kirbyville blowing Newton out at all!!!!! That was a scrimmage anyway and you only beat us by one touchdown!!!!! We would whoop Kirbyville all ove the field in a real game and you know it Kvillballa..... When yall can win a district title or get past the third round of the playoffs then you can talk to me or anyway else on this topic!!! Kirbyville sucks!!!!!!

One down...

I don't remember Kirbyville blowing Newton out at all!!!!! That was a scrimmage anyway and you only beat us by one touchdown!!!!! We would whoop Kirbyville all ove the field in a real game and you know it Kvillballa..... When yall can win a district title or get past the third round of the playoffs then you can talk to me or anyway else on this topic!!! Kirbyville sucks!!!!!!

You don't believe that yourself. Kirbyville beat Newton 21-0 son!!

If they played in a game like they did in that scrimmage. Kirbyville would have set an record on Curtis Barbay and his Eagles. We don't care about that Carthage game. Kirbyville got yall number now. The scat don't fly here baby!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder