Were You Satisified With Your Team Friday?

Guest Wildcat 08

I was pleasantly surprised with the Warren Warriors.They lost just about everyone off the offensive line and I thought they would struggle there.Through 2 scrimmages and 1 game that seems to be their strength.We will know alot more after games with Woodville and Groveton but their gonna be better than I thought they were gonna be.We have got to work on our kicking game if we are gonna compete for a playoff spot :!: :!: :!:

I was pleased, but we still have a lot to improve on. We looked really good at times and not so good at other times. I think this could have been first game jitters. I do feel we should improve each week. We'll be ready when district starts. Here's my new district predictions :shock:

1. WO-S

2. Kirbyville

3. Orangefield

WO-S is going division 1 afterall :D

Considering the the state ranking of Brenham and the caliber of them, I feel it was a good learning experience for PNG. PNG will take this game and the experience of it and build to become better as the season progresses. Also would like to add that Nederland hung tough and did a good job against LaMarque.

Scalp 'em NDN's !

I was proud of our guys Friday night. They showed some real strength on defense ... seems like nothing really got into the secondary, and very little got into the linebacker corps. Offense still a bit uneasy, but I can see it getting better already... last year was a tough season and they really needed to win early this year to get the team pointed in the right direction.

We go to Hull-Daisetta this week, which should be a much better indicator of how well Kountze will do as the season progresses.

My son is one of Kountze's linebackers and he and his teammates are already talking playoffs.

And that's exactly the way it should be.

I can see where Cat22 is coming from with his prediction. I'm definitely not trying to offend anyone with this posting, but my thoughts on the teams are as follows:

WO-S- looking pretty strong on both sides, has performed well in both scrims and beat a very good Dayton team to start the season.

Ofield- has a lot returning this year and has looked good in scrims and beat Buna handily even though they didn't play as well as they would have liked.

Kirbyville- performed really well in both scrims against solid teams, then blew out a playoff team from last year in first game.

Silsbee- they will be the "X-factor", really hard to guage them, my instincts tell me they will be a force. They looked real good against Ned, but I wonder how good Ned is without Mosely. Then they did not do as well against Lumberton. They may be the "which team will show up" team of the district.

Jasper- sorry Jasper fans, but I think Jasper is going to be down this year, all year. I think they will be inconsistent like most young teams are. I don't think they will make the playoffs. I hope I'm wrong because when Jasper does well, we usually do too. I think they will take their lumps this year, then be one of the best in the district next year.

BC- I don't think they will be a playoff contender just because they are so young and I don't think Dishon can do it all himself. The defense is going to be a problem, IN MY OPINION. I don't think he has a good enough supporting cast on offense.

HF- may surprise some teams, I didn't exect them to beat Splendora. They are going to come ready to play every Friday.

HJ- don't really know, haven't paid that much attention to them. I know they won Friday, but who did they play?

• 1 month later...

Pleased with WOS. Dissapointed with the district. How is WOS suppose to prepare for the playoffs in this district. This year I thought it would be better with Jasper and Silsbee in district but im not so sure anymore. Its really a disadvantage for WOS to play such a weak district and then have to step it up several levels in the playoffs. I mean they ran what 26 plays against HJ. Thats half of Mosleys carries against PNG.

Yep. We had seven plays in the second half due to the non-stop clock. We scored on two of them, but there won't be any continuous clock games in the playoffs. Okay, maybe if we play Cleveland or someone from that district - but I'm talking the real playoffs.

Pleased with WOS. Dissapointed with the district. How is WOS suppose to prepare for the playoffs in this district. This year I thought it would be better with Jasper and Silsbee in district but im not so sure anymore. Its really a disadvantage for WOS to play such a weak district and then have to step it up several levels in the playoffs. I mean they ran what 26 plays against HJ. Thats half of Mosleys carries against PNG.

We are sry that we are so bad :roll:

WOS92. Real classy talk. Complaining about having such a good team.

You and kvilleballa must have each other on speed dial.

Post was: Were you satisfied with your teams performance?

I enjoy watching WOS represent this district in the playoffs. Would hate to start rooting for the other districts just so you can be humbled. Don't speak for the team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder