VIDEO - 8 Signees at Ozen on Wednesday

ljeicp08

??? YOU AND ME BOTH, WE KNOW IT'S NOT THE TALENT.

No doubt!

Ozen always looks scary to me. Just watching warmups with all their size and athletic ability makes me worry playing them. They just don't seem to execute. Their defense really has been pretty decent in recent years... just gotta get the ball in the end zone.

Talent have never been an issue at Ozen. You have to mold that talent in a cohesive team effort.  This have not been done since the last good Ozen team in 2004, Clayton's first year.  Get the right Coach and/or Coaching staff in place, Ozen Football will be right were it have always expected to be!

Talent have never been an issue at Ozen. You have to mold that talent in a cohesive team effort.  This have not been done since the last good Ozen team in 2004, Clayton's first year.  Get the right Coach and/or Coaching staff in place, Ozen Football will be right were it have always expected to be!

I agree. Good post.

As usual armchair qb's dont know a thing about what is going on in the real world. The defense at Ozen has been pretty darn good in the last few years. The talent has been great as well but we all know that the main position of qb has never been filled and the future there is still bleak. The staff in place now is filled with knowledgable, moral, and hardworking people and its just a matter of time before the team follows suit and becomes the succesfull team we all know they can be.

And as far as all the signees the coaches work twice as hard as others to get their players the future chances they deserve thats why there is so many from ozen. Central is no less talented neither is WB if not way more.

As usual armchair qb's dont know a thing about what is going on in the real world. The defense at Ozen has been pretty darn good in the last few years. The talent has been great as well but we all know that the main position of qb has never been filled and the future there is still bleak. The staff in place now is filled with knowledgable, moral, and hardworking people and its just a matter of time before the team follows suit and becomes the succesfull team we all know they can be.

And as far as all the signees the coaches work twice as hard as others to get their players the future chances they deserve thats why there is so many from ozen. Central is no less talented neither is WB if not way more.

you just restated a lot of the points that we made.... we realize the talent level is high and were hoping it would come together. No one was being and armchair QB ... IMO. If anything, those that posted want to see Ozen where they should be like soulja said.

He heard one of those ol' schoolers say it and thought it was cool.  So he figured he would come on here and use it in a sentence.  Little does he know that he used it all out of context.  Darn shame.  But hey, whatever floats your boat... ::)

so clayton was the right coach?

Clayton inherited Coach Brooks' leftover talent.  They came in knowing what it took to win.

Then what happened?

What do you mean what happened?  Clayton went to the 2nd round in his first year with the remains of the Brooks coached kids.  The next year, we learned that talent alone is not enough.           

You clearly aren't being honest with youself.  Ozen has had the talent but the coaching staff has left much to be desired in the past few years.  All the other teams know of OZen's talent and they also know that talent alone won't get it done.  I'm so happy for the kids that have the chance to move on to the next level and continue playing ball, but to credit the coaches with this is just wrong in my opinion.  The players worked hard and they are being rewarded for it, the truth is coaches could advocate for their players all they wanted, but at the end of the day schools are signing players that they think will produce.  Congrats to all area players that have signed to play at the next level, keep making us proud! 

Clayton inherited Coach Brooks' leftover talent.  They came in knowing what it took to win.

Then what happened?

What do you mean what happened?  Clayton went to the 2nd round in his first year with the remains of the Brooks coached kids.  The next year, we learned that talent alone is not enough.           

exactly...any success that Clayton had was a direct result of Brooks program....

Then what happened?

exactly...the limited success that Clayton had was a direct result of Brooks program....

OK....So what point are you trying to make?

Then what happened?

exactly...the limited success that Clayton had was a direct result of Brooks program....

Please!  Let me first say that there was no one happier than I was when Clayton got the job.  There was no one more disappointed to see what happened.  Clayton chose politics and it ended up costing him and the kids in the end.  The kids that  Clayton coached in his second year were kids that he had coached at the Freshman/JV levels previously.  How could it be Brooks' fault?  If Brooks were to blame, then wouldn't there have been problems in Clayton's first year and not the second?

Then what happened?

Please!  Let me first say that there was no one happier than I was when Clayton got the job.  There was no one more disappointed to see what happened.  Clayton chose politics and it ended up costing him and the kids in the end.  The kids that  Clayton coached in his second year were kids that he had coached at the Freshman/JV levels previously.  How could it be Brooks' fault?  If Brooks were to blame, then wouldn't there have been problems in Clayton's first year and not the second?

I worded my post wrong.....the only reason Clayton had any success was because of what Brooks had done with the program the 3 years he was their...by Claytons second year he had to rely on his on program and you see what happened... I know this is old news but I feel beaumont people never really appreciated what a good coach they lost with Brooks and that not just anybody can come in to a program that has good athletes and win...Im sure the staff Brooks had also was a factor to his success...

I know for a fact that without the work of several coaches there were at least three players that would not have even been heard of. I also know that the coaches at Ozen are very high quality coaches with good values and work ethic. What I meant by arm chair quarterbacks is that i see you people all the time riding the descisions of coaches in the after math but we all know you could do the job if given the opportunity. there is more to the coaching than you think. I praise all who coach and hang their futures on the performance of 15 and 16 year old kids. And for those of you who sit back with your shoulda coulda wouldas give it a shot and lets see how you do.

I know for a fact that without the work of several coaches there were at least three players that would not have even been heard of. I also know that the coaches at Ozen are very high quality coaches with good values and work ethic. What I meant by arm chair quarterbacks is that i see you people all the time riding the descisions of coaches in the after math but we all know you could do the job if given the opportunity. there is more to the coaching than you think. I praise all who coach and hang their futures on the performance of 15 and 16 year old kids. And for those of you who sit back with your shoulda coulda wouldas give it a shot and lets see how you do.

puh lease!!!

I'm as supportive of coaches as anyone you'll find. I have a degree to coach but opted not to do so... so I know a little about the whole deal. I was not bashing your coach but was hopeful that they can get the program on track with their immense amount of talent that they help get scholarships year in and year out!

maybe you need to go back and look at who was bashing the coaches. By the way there is no degree to coach. Kenis is the closest and it is not a degree in coaching. If it doesnt apply let it fly. Im only stating that the coaches in place at this moment on the varsity level are moral, hard working and care deeply about the kids they are working with.

maybe you need to go back and look at who was bashing the coaches. By the way there is no degree to coach. Kenis is the closest and it is not a degree in coaching. If it doesnt apply let it fly. Im only stating that the coaches in place at this moment on the varsity level are moral, hard working and care deeply about the kids they are working with.

I'll rephrase.... qualified to coach/teach without any sort of alternative program etc.

IMO... No one questioned rather or not the coaches are moral, hard working and care deeply for the kids they are working with.

I hope ozen wins a few and congrats to the players that signed ... done.

So you're blaming it all on the QBs and the future QBs.  Nice support.  ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics