BH Predictions

Guest shooter1709

No they did not have a gun on him, though when they rated the arms from outfield he received a 4 when other varsity players only got a 3.

Actually he and Leggett both got a 3.5 but your still just talking about someone's opinion. If your not putting a gun on them then you don't really know. It's just a guess. My rating and a rating from someone else is probably going to be totally different, just like my opinion of 80's is probably a little different from yours. If I'm putting someone's pitching velocity on this or any other forum it's because I know that someone checked it with a radar gun. Keep in mind also that if your going to pitch at the Varsity level you better have more to offer than just an 80 mph fastball. Fastball's at the varsity level are just batting practice unless you have another pitch or 2 to keep them off balance.

Like I stated before, none of these kids are ready for Varsity baseball. It would be a shame to put them at this level and set them up for failure. They will have more than enough competition at the JV level.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shooter1709

Thompson threw a bull pen at practice yesterday and was throwing in the 80's.I heard he pitched pretty good though I've never seen him.I heard from other Varsity players that Thompson would be on Varsity.

Did they have a radar gun on him and if so what did he top out at? I've seen all of the freshmen pitchers many times and Leggett is by far the best pitcher in this class. I've also talked to more than one umpire that called several of these kids games last year and during the summer and they are of the same opinion. They all agree that Leggett is the top pitcher. If anyone does any pitching with the varsity during preseason or tournaments it would be just to have the extra arms available. If it happens, it should be Leggett. If any freshmen end up on Varsity it will be a wasted year for them and a lot of bench time and I believe it would have to be based on influences other than the players ability.

No they did not have a gun on him, though when they rated the arms from outfield he received a 4 when other varsity players only got a 3.

actually the varsity players that matter from the outfield received a 4 (Colby Henscey) and 5 (Jay Burditt) respectfully... the other starter Padgett is in basketball so wasnt out there for it

Actually he and Leggett both got a 3.5 but your still just talking about someone's opinion. If your not putting a gun on them then you don't really know. It's just a guess. My rating and a rating from someone else is probably going to be totally different, just like my opinion of 80's is probably a little different from yours. If I'm putting someone's pitching velocity on this or any other forum it's because I know that someone checked it with a radar gun. Keep in mind also that if your going to pitch at the Varsity level you better have more to offer than just an 80 mph fastball. Fastball's at the varsity level are just batting practice unless you have another pitch or 2 to keep them off balance.

Like I stated before, none of these kids are ready for Varsity baseball. It would be a shame to put them at this level and set them up for failure. They will have more than enough competition at the JV level.

I know all the Jr's and seniors if any sophmores or freshman are up it will be to possibly help with some pitching in tournaments and to carry the water jug and equipment

Guest shooter1709

I know all the Jr's and seniors if any sophmores or freshman are up it will be to possibly help with some pitching in tournaments and to carry the water jug and equipment

youre right about that mustang cause we dont have enough underclassmen for the grunt work  ;) 8)

Guest eagle0911

First off, I want to say good luck to all of the participants in BH's softball and baseball programs.

Second, I want to remind parents that these are kids and they play because they love the game and they care about their teammates.

Don't analyze every strikeout or booted ball. Baseball is funny game ,what may cause angst in one inning may provide for atonement

in another.

Wow!  Haven't even played one scrimmage yet and you are already ripping coaches and players.  You dads might want to scroll down a few threads and read the article about parents/coaches.  Might prove very insightful to group such as yourselves.

Wow ! Haven't even played one scrimmage yet and you are accusing the dads of ripping the coaches. Truth be told, the only "ripping" or negatives I've seen on this thread are from kids or players.....not dads. Thanks for your insightfulness.

First off, I want to say good luck to all of the participants in BH's softball and baseball programs.

Second, I want to remind parents that these are kids and they play because they love the game and they care about their teammates.

Don't analyze every strikeout or booted ball. Baseball is funny game ,what may cause angst in one inning may provide for atonement

in another.

Maybe we can do like the YMCA and not even keep score............just kidding.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Well who ever predicted that they would go with all seniors, hit the nail on the head.  I think it is the right decision and the proof is in the scores.  Don't coach for the future when you have the talent to coach for this year.    I think the freshmen class is very talented and I think that players like Leggett, Thompson, Bonnin, could play varsity and would at weaker programs, but not when you have the group of seniors Barbers Hill has this year.  The way they hit the ball, if the pitching can hold up they will go a long way. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder