Hull-Daisetta

Sabine Pass

Saratoga West Hardin

Spurger

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't wanna play any of these teams in a 3 game series.

Could you imagine having to face Felts for three games? Having to bat off Hicks for probably 2 games? Facing LC-M's line up for 3 games? (I know its all OC teams but thats what I know the best)

1. Nederland- I know some of you think I am crazy, but they have the pitching and experience to go a long way this year.

2. Westbrook- The areas only 5a is going to always be at the top and this year their young, but very talented as always.

3. PNG- There is no more talented team in the area. I would just give the other two teams a slight edge in the pitching department  thus they finish third in my poll.

4. Bridge City- Perhaps the best player in the area. New coach who is second to none. They should be almost dominante in 3a, but I would give these larger schools the edge in depth.

5. Vidor- Hester is perhaps the best in 4a therefore they have a good chance everytime out.  How the other guys respond will determine where they finish, but I predict near the top in that disstrict.

6. Orangefield- Felts and Satum are perhaps the best combo in the area and will give BC all they want.

7. LCM- Pitching and defense wins championships which is why the Bears will finish 4th again this year.

8. Jasper- New district, but same result.  Which is Jasper near the top.

9. Lumberton- I know there are some nonbelievers in Lumberton, but this is Coach Reynga's third season. Look for the raiders to turn the corner and compete for the playoffs for the first time in a while.

10. Hamshire Fannett- They were young and very fast last year.  This year with a little experience they should be a playoff team.

1. PNG  Don't have the pitching although Spikes, Benoit, and Woods are good.  They have similar talent(Benoit, Jalali, Spikes, Stone, Reyenga, Woods, etc.) to the other teams.  I think the difference is coaching.  Jay Stone is as good a coach as you can get.    

2. WB  5A program that always puts a solid team together.  Might be an off year.

3. Nederland  I don't think espn is crazy.  Bellow, Laird, and Dean should provide a solid core for the bullpen Nederland has.  Experienced infield with Bellow, Vidrine, Pitts, and Terracina returning. Nederland will have as good a shot as anyone.

4. BC  New good coach in Chad Landry.  Hicks, Hubbard, Snyder, Robertson, and co. should win again.

5. Vidor  Could move up.  Have to see how they respond without Fontnow and Bunner.  Hester will be as good as anyone pitching.  Bruce, Sims, Haglar add experience.  Kyle Green could also be the difference here.

6. LCM  Finished tied for third and had the tie breaker.  Not much changing here.  Will rely on offense more than pitching(although the pitching will be solid with Brown and Waddell) or defense.  

7. BH  Another program that is always in the mix.

8. Jasper  will be solid as always.

9. OF   Statum, Felts, Peevy, etc.  Good talent.  

10. Buna  Strong pitching(Hillin) will carry them far.

I really think that many of teams are very equal and on any given day.......... you know the story.

1 LCM

2 PNG

3 Vidor

4 W Brook

5 Bridge City

6 Nederland

7 Buna

8 Jasper

9 Orangefield

10 HF

Teams on the rise

Lumberton, East Chambers, West Orange, Kountze

Teams that are always solid

HJ, Woodville, Huffman, Evadale

Looks to be a very good year with many close games so get your popcorn ready and give the umps a break lol

I really think that many of teams are very equal and on any given day.......... you know the story.

1 LCM

2 PNG

3 Vidor

4 W Brook

5 Bridge City

6 Nederland

7 Buna

8 Jasper

9 Orangefield

10 HF

Teams on the rise

Looks to be a very good year with many close games so get your popcorn ready and give the umps a break lol

Well if you learned what a ball and strike was maybe we would LOL. You know I'm joking.

1 LCM

2 PNG

3 Vidor

4 W Brook

5 Bridge City

6 Nederland

7 Buna

8 Jasper

9 Orangefield

10 HF

Teams on the rise

Well if you learned what a ball and strike was maybe we would LOL. You know I'm joking.

I don't know....if did leave BH off of his list.  ;)

1 LCM

2 PNG

3 Vidor

4 W Brook

5 Bridge City

6 Nederland

7 Buna

8 Jasper

9 Orangefield

10 HF

Teams on the rise

I know you go old Eagles come on this board and all but since we do not Umpire them I just do not have a feel. I think I should have included them in the always solid list. No way I would Dis The Hill

is huffman going to be good this year??

They look pretty salty, made the playoffs in 4A lst year.

HUFFMAN FALCONS (DISTRICT 22-3A).

Last 2 Years in (District 21-4A).

19-8 In District(2nd Place) IN 2008.

Lost to LCM: 8-4, 5-8, 2-12 (First Round).

20-10 Bi District Champs In 2007.

Defeated PNG 1-0, 8-5.

Lost to Texas City 4-1.

Returning Players:

TOMMY HENK,      SR. #1P/C (ALL DISTRICT)

KYLE DEBERRY,      SR. 1B

CORY LEMONS,      SR. 2B

BLAINE HASHAGEN, JR. C/#2P (ALL DISTRICT)

COLE DEBERRY,      SOPH. SS/#3P (ALL DISTRICT)

Players to watch:

TOMMY HENK (7-1) As a pitcher, 1.85 AVG. pop times to 2B as a C

BLAINE HASHAGEN (6-2) As a pitcher. Very good catcher

C. DEBERRY and LEMONS should be solid up the middle, while  K. DEBERRY will provide glove at 1B

Falcons will be young in 2009. Should be strong after tough pre-season schedule. Several young players must mature and accept roles in order for Falcons to return to playoffs. Strengths should be pitching and defense by time district starts.

1 LCM

2 PNG

3 Vidor

4 W Brook

5 Bridge City

6 Nederland

7 Buna

8 Jasper

9 Orangefield

10 HF

Teams on the rise

I know you go old Eagles come on this board and all but since we do not Umpire them I just do not have a feel. I think I should have included them in the always solid list. No way I would Dis The Hill

;D ;D ;D

Man, I'm just hoping some BH baseball parent/fan picks up my torch.  ;) We're JUCO now. I thought Mustangs32 or RIP09 would take over.....startin' to wonder....otherwise the team stuck btw. Houston and GT gonna get left out.  ;D

Enjoy the upcoming season. High school practice tomorrow, Juco openers on Saturday. It's here !

BTW, who you calling old  ;D

1. WB - Svoboda and Muellner lead a talented team loaded with Senior pitchers - Huge school, 90 players trying out.

2. PNG - An All-Star team with Benoit, Reyenga, Sweetnam, Jalali and Stone.

3. Nederland - With Bellow pitching and Vidrine and Pitts in the IF, may need to be ranked higher.

4. LCM - Always a tough well coached team. Johnson, Barry, and Waddell are top players.

5. Vidor - Best team in the area when Hester is on the mound. Bruce, Sims are good too.

6. BC - Will go far in play-offs with Hicks and Roberson.

7. Jasper - Will be even better next year - Ernest, Phillips & Parker are just Juniors.

8. Kelly - Return 10 players with "varsity starter" experience from the # 2 team in the state. Tough schedule though. Excellent coaching.

9. OF If Statum and Felts get some help, they will dominate.

10. HF New coach inherits a lot of talent : Eaves, Pinder, Minaldi, Johnson

I will take a shot at it...what the hey:

1.  NEDERLAND -- in a year where there is no "obvious" #1, I will give the pre-season crown (or jinx) to the 'Dogs.  They may be the most experienced team in the area with Bellow, Vidrine, Pitts, et al.  It is, however, a tough district...

2.  WEST BROOK -- this may be a big school bias on my part.  Svoboda should be more than adequate as a #1 but the Bruins will need pitching depth to make it through the rigors of their 5A district.  Chris Muellner and Aaron Morgan fuel the offense.

3.  BRIDGE CITY -- new coach, new attitude, still dominant at 3A level.  Hicks on the bump makes the Cards hard to beat, but Joe Robertson is the straw that stirs the drink here. 

4.  PNG -- a lot of young talent (Benoit, Jalali, etc).  Depending on whether the Indians have growing pains, this squad could get very good very quickly.

5.  Vidor and LCM (tie) -- I can't decide here.  If LCM's pitching (Waddell, etc.) comes through, the Bears always seem to score runs.  Hester makes the Pirates tough to beat in any 1 game series but they lost a lot of talent last year. 

7.  Orangefield -- watch out for the Bobcats.  Their pitching is solid and deep, especially at the 3A level.  Felts will be the best player in that district and Statum the best athlete.  The 'Cats are playoff bound.

8.  Buna -- probably the class of 2A this season, especially with Hillin on the bump.

9.  H-F -- youth matures for the Longhorns who will rely on team speed and experience to edge out HJ for that district's final playoff spot.

10.  Jasper -- the 'Dogs have lost a lot (and I mean a lot) of talent over the past 2 years and start '09 in a new district:  youth will be served here and the 'Dogs continue into the playoffs.

OTHER NOTES:

I left out Barbers Hill (always competitive) as the Eagles lost so much from last year's squad and, quite frankly, I didn't know too much about them.  Nacagdoches Central has one of the best players in the country, C Dane Phillips.  It is worth the trip just to watch him swing a bat.  Remember...last year Nac Central also had the Indians' #2 draft choice (Trey Haley).  Kelly has a lot of experience but have huge holes to replace with Anthony Fazio's graduation (Rice) and Connor McDonald's transfer to WB.  The Nederland-PNG-LCM-Vidor race will be the area's best.  Look for WOS to be much improved...but not enough to earn a playoff spot this year. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder