VIDEO......DANAHER WITHDRAWS NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckily none of you are on the hiring committee.  They obviously saw something in him or they wouldn't have interviewed him. 

I can tell you what they saw----his winning record.  Hopefully they'll be smart enough to hire him as quickly as possible.  Statistics never lie and I KNOW his reason for coming here is to win a state championship so watch out everyone-Indians will be on the warpath!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that it's probably already been mentioned, but does anyone know when PNG is going to make an announcement? 

The recommendation from the hiring committee will be presented to the school board on February 10 for approval. Hopefully be announced then.

Coop types faster than I do. :D

I know that it's probably already been mentioned, but does anyone know when PNG is going to make an announcement? 

The recommendation from the hiring committee will be presented to the school board on February 10 for approval. Hopefully be announced then.

Coop types faster than I do. :D

:D :D :D

Region 4 is fairly weak we have talked about that already and how many state championships has he won?

Well…maybe we haven’t ever won a State Championship, but we’ve been to the playoffs for 24 consecutive years and played deep in the playoffs each season.  I would love to see Calallen win a State Championship, but I also love that we’ve had the consistency of being in the playoffs every year for 24 years.  I love our 7 state semi-final appearances in 15 years and our State Championship appearance in 2005.  I love that at week 10, 11, 12 and beyond, we know we’re still playing.  I really feel for schools that win a championship and then fall off the planet for several years with nothing else to show for themselves other than what happened way back when.  You may have the state championships of the 50s and 70s, but if you say you wouldn’t want the success that Calallen has had the last 25 years, you’re a liar.  Without a doubt you would have preferred to have been in the playoffs the other 21 years in the last 30 when your equipment was packed up and you were watching other teams play.  You think Region III is so much tougher than 4A?  How about the fact that over the last five years, a team from Region IV has either won the championship or played for it. 

You didn’t strike any nerve with me regarding Phil Danaher because he is a good friend and I know exactly what his choice will be today.  Calallen isn’t a bit worried because we know there’s no comparison between the two.  See you in the playoffs – if you get there.

So, Danaher is out.  Chris Garrett, from what I hear, had a great interview.  Has Faircloth even interviewed yet?  I haven't heard if he has.

Haven't heard about Faircloth, but heard the same about Garretts interview. Heard he was very enthusiastic and would be a great motivator. Would like to see the Malone type of enthusiasm return.

So, Danaher is out.  Chris Garrett, from what I hear, had a great interview.  Has Faircloth even interviewed yet?  I haven't heard if he has.

Haven't heard about Faircloth, but heard the same about Garretts interview. Heard he was very enthusiastic and would be a great motivator. Would like to see the Malone type of enthusiasm return.

Me too.  Heard Garrett had a really good interview with lots of enthusiam.  Wish I knew if Faircloth had interviewed yet or not.  Still wondering why all of a sudden Danaher withdrew his name.  Something must have happened in the interview. He may just have gotten "cold feet" and 2nd guessed himself.  Who knows!

Me too.  Heard Garrett had a really good interview with lots of enthusiam.  Wish I knew if Faircloth had interviewed yet or not.  Still wondering why all of a sudden Danaher withdrew his name.  Something must have happened in the interview. He may just have gotten "cold feet" and 2nd guessed himself.  Who knows!

If the numbers I heard the job originally was going to pay is right then he(Danaher) wasn't getting a raise to come.

If the numbers I heard the job originally was going to pay is right then he(Danaher) wasn't getting a raise to come.

Oh, ok.  That could be it.

And thats not saying anything about the PNG pay. It is going to be a very well paying job. Danaher is just very well paid at Calallen.

I am still not understanding why Garrett is high on the list...No offense but he came from the Middle School as well as 9th and 10th grade campus that feeds Plano West...Hits Duncanville for a year and now someone believes he is ready for a job like PNG....

I am from SeTexas and have witnessed many Dallas Metorplex as well as other across state high school football programs and if he is what they get with all the coaches around the state, I would be dissapointed for that PNG program....Nothing against the coach, but there are at least 3 other names on that list that are easily put above his....

As you can see I am not pumping anyone up, just stating the facts....

I am still not understanding why Garrett is high on the list...No offense but he came from the Middle School as well as 9th and 10th grade campus that feeds Plano West...Hits Duncanville for a year and now someone believes he is ready for a job like PNG....

I am from SeTexas and have witnessed many Dallas Metorplex as well as other across state high school football programs and if he is what they get with all the coaches around the state, I would be dissapointed for that PNG program....Nothing against the coach, but there are at least 3 other names on that list that are easily put above his....

As you can see I am not pumping anyone up, just stating the facts....

Garrett has done a LOT more than that.  Did you forget that he coached college football for seven years?  Including being an OC?  From what I remember, Garrett had to go to the jr. high level there in Plano because he had been coaching college and wasn't even certified to teach yet.  If you want to know how good of a coach he is, why don't you call Mike Hughes at Plano West, or Jeff Dicus at Duncanville....the committee did....and they were told that he is definitely ready to be a head coach. 

info on Garrett if anyone is interested               

This is the hidden content, please

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder