PNG Coaching Search/Hire Discussion- (New Threads Will Be Deleted)

Gabe

I am only writing this as a fan and not a sports writer/reporter. This is not the views of The Orange Leader. I'm not even working today, it is my day off. I write this as a fan, graduate of PN-G and a resident of Groves.

First things, first. Everyone needs to lighten up a bit and put a little faith back into the PNG School Board. All PN-G residents need to remember it was us who voted these people into office now it is time to sit back, trust their decisions and be patient. Lets try to have a little confidence our board will make the right decision on who they hire.

Second, why is it so important to have the list of candidates anyways? Is curiosity by us who have no say in who is hired that important? Remember the people who are on that list and what it could mean if their names are thrown out for everyone to see. Many of us go looking for new jobs to better ourselves. Ask yourself, do you always want your current employer to know you applied somewhere else and that you do it on a frequent basis? I understand taxpayers should know what is going on with their elected officials but is curiosity worth putting someone's job on the line? I also realize a coach's life is sometimes an open book and made public almost way too often. They are held to a different standard and that is their choice. Yet a little patience until finalists are revealed and then the names are given will not hurt a single person.

If in the end PN-G residents and backers do not agree with the board's decision on who they hire, get out and vote. Remember elected officials, even the ones as high up as the President, work for us - we do not work for them. But we did elect this board so why not trust what they are doing instead of questioning their every move? This is the same board who answered a lot of Indian fans prayers by firing Matt Burnett. So why now bash the people who did your bidding?

I honestly hope The Reservation is not in this state of turmoil when the new coach is selected. It is time for PN-G to be the community it is thought to be and will remain to be. We talk about honor and tradition yet none of what I have seen lately represents our past. Maybe the future is something we can start to take pride in again because right now I am not seeing.

Gabriel Pruett

1998 PN-G graduate

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan

The soap opera that has evolved from this wouldn't have if the stupid names would have been released in the first place! The efforts to conceal things has brought incredible scrutiny to the very issue PN-G is trying to avoid. Isn't that just crazy?    :o ::):o ::):P

You know I wonder if this was Nederland or Central how the PNG faithful would be acting then... ???

Not that it matters, PNG "faithful" would be ok.  You see, over here in PNG land, we respect the decisions of the respective school administrations.....again, it seems that more people that DON'T have a "dog in this fight", are getting more upset than the folks at PNG.  Know what....I can almost bet the PNG faithful feel sorry for you for letting something like this get under your skin.....

PNG>>>>>>>>Honor.............Pride.............Tradition........"Priceless"

everyone keeps saying they are protecting the applicants.  What is going to happen when they call to the previous employer checking references?  They will find out, so if the coach didn't tell his boss he was applying, he is in trouble.  The protection if from the communities the coach represents.  Imagine if the list came out and Coach Stump was on it.(I know he is probably not.)  The West Brook faithful would go crazy.

Hey YankeeDawg....good mornin!  I think it is just the decision of the respective school board on whether to release the names or not.  All kinds of rumors swirling out there.  I just don't understand why it is SO dang important to release this list.  Again, PNG folks aren't upset about the decision, and it affects us the most.  Seems like those outside of the PNGISD are the ones that are getting the most upset.  We will ALL find out in due time.......patience is the key.

PNG>>>>>>>Honor.....Pride.......Tradition....."Priceless"

everyone keeps saying they are protecting the applicants.  What is going to happen when they call to the previous employer checking references?  They will find out, so if the coach didn't tell his boss he was applying, he is in trouble.  The protection if from the communities the coach represents.  Imagine if the list came out and Coach Stump was on it.(I know he is probably not.)  The West Brook faithful would go crazy.

On every application I have filled out there is an option to choose which employer they call. Typically most applicants will not want their current boss called, but will want all others called.

Hey YankeeDawg....good mornin!  I think it is just the decision of the respective school board on whether to release the names or not.  All kinds of rumors swirling out there.  I just don't understand why it is SO dang important to release this list.  Again, PNG folks aren't upset about the decision, and it affects us the most.  Seems like those outside of the PNGISD are the ones that are getting the most upset.  We will ALL find out in due time.......patience is the key.

PNG>>>>>>>Honor.....Pride.......Tradition....."Priceless"

Top of the morning to ya Warrior...I don't think I'm getting upset about this at all..It's more curiosity than anything, which I believe is what's behind most of the posts on here.

I was just trying to equate PNG's situation to that of LCM. I think you have to agree to an extent that the stance your school board is taking though, IS putting some suspicions into alot of people's minds (about something "underhanded" or whatever, taking place).  The only thing about this that will upset me is if a Bulldog coachs' name is on that list AND he is chosen.  ;)  Well whatever the final outcome is, I just hope for the Indians sake, the BEST candidate is chosen, on his merit and abilities to ensure a bright future for PNG football and community.

Enjoy the games today!!

Eagles and Steelers in the BIG ONE!!

;D

Hey Yankee....I agree, Eagles and Steelers!  I understand your position and I know it would infuriate Bulldog fans if a coach from Nederland applied.  But, that wouldn't be PNG's fault, it would solely be the applicants decision.  I don't think we should fault anyone for wanting to accept a challenge and "grow" as a coach.  PNG, no matter what folks say or think, is not trying to "hide" anything.  I know there are susspicions out there and for whatever reason, this just gives the PNG haters more ammo to get on the board and attack PNG.  We can't control what the board does, however, when it comes to name calling and insults against PNG fans, this makes my blood boil.  PNG's motto, Honor, Pride, Tradition is the real deal.  You've been around, you know us Indians bleed purple and will support our team no matter what.  I think, for those interested parties, haggle over PNG's boards decicision, but leave the personal attacks against the fans out of it....we can't do or change anything.  Yeah, I would like to see the list, but I respect my school board, who I voted in, for their stance.  Have a good one.  Enjoy the games!

Ok please don't take this as being arrogant or egotistical. PNG wants to help promote the hiring process by not releasing the names. I do believe that there are some huge names on this list of candidates for PNG. Some of these names may very well blow your socks off when you find out who they are. Ok my opinion, or theory on LCM releasing the names: Maybe its a good marketing ploy to release the names of their applicants to get their community more involved, to get the community back in their good graces regarding their football program. My wife is from LCM and has alot of family and friends over there. The community of LCM is starting to get excited over having a new coach. I think by releasing the names at LCM it is helping them. Look back over the last several years at LCM and you will see how disgruntled their fans have been and how their crowds have diminished. I think this is a very good thing that LCM has done to get their community behind them again and this may have given them all something to look forward to than just another ho-hum season again.

I'm not trying to bash LCM I'm just putting it out there from what I see and hear from family over there.

Ok please don't take this as being arrogant or egotistical. PNG wants to help promote the hiring process by not releasing the names. I do believe that there are some huge names on this list of candidates for PNG. Some of these names may very well blow your socks off when you find out who they are. Ok my opinion, or theory on LCM releasing the names: Maybe its a good marketing ploy to release the names of their applicants to get their community more involved, to get the community back in their good graces regarding their football program. My wife is from LCM and has alot of family and friends over there. The community of LCM is starting to get excited over having a new coach. I think by releasing the names at LCM it is helping them. Look back over the last several years at LCM and you will see how disgruntled their fans have been and how their crowds have diminished. I think this is a very good thing that LCM has done to get their community behind them again and this may have given them all something to look forward to than just another ho-hum season again.

I'm not trying to bash LCM I'm just putting it out there from what I see and hear from family over there.

Excellent post.....good perception. 

You know I wonder if this was Nederland or Central how the PNG faithful would be acting then... ???

Not that it matters, PNG "faithful" would be ok.  You see, over here in PNG land, we respect the decisions of the respective school administrations.....again, it seems that more people that DON'T have a "dog in this fight", are getting more upset than the folks at PNG.  Know what....I can almost bet the PNG faithful feel sorry for you for letting something like this get under your skin.....

I'm from Orangefield.  Is whoever PNG picks going to effect me? Not in the least.  But I bet you'd wanna know if it was Nederland  ;)

I'm from Orangefield.  Is whoever PNG picks going to effect me? Not in the least.  But I bet you'd wanna know if it was Nederland  ;)

Or LCM, or Ozen, or Central, or Vidor..... ::)

I understand what you're saying Warrior.  IF a Nederland coach did apply for and get your AD/HC position, I would be upset to the extent that we lost a good coach to our closest rival.  I wouldn't be upset personally at the individual for wanting to better himself, nor would I be upset with PNG or your fans for losing him to you.  I try not to take or express anything on here to do with football as a personal attack on another's schoool,  team or fans.  I take it as an enjoyable way to spend time, expressing and sharing different opinions and even as a learning experience.    Seriously attacking another on here (or their beliefs, school, fans, team etc) for whatever reason is not acceptable IMO.  Friendly barbs battles are fine...It keeps the blood flowing.  As long as it's on a civil level.  (Well, with exception of MCM week...j/k  ;D ::);)

Eagles 38  Cardinals 20

Steelers 34  Ravens 17

WOW....Eagles, Cardinals and Ravens...football has gone to the birds  ::)

Yankee, you're absolutely right!  My best bud is from Nederland and the week of MCM we can't even talk....but, you can bet when the Bulldogs were in the playoffs last year, this Warrior was there supportin them Dawgs with his PNG sweatshirt on.  I don't think folks truly understand the relationship PNG/Nederland have.....but, thats ok.  But you are right, its ok to disagree, but not become disagreeable.  This applicant thread is becoming old and there's NOTHING we can do about it....just be patient, wait and see.

Eagles  24

Cards  17

Steelers  28

Ravens    24

Is there a rule somewhere (besides the FOI) that says a school has to release the list? LC-M chose to release it, maybe to excite their fan base, which in all honesty is weak. PN-G does not need to generate a buzz for their program. All they need to do is make the right hire. Releasing the list does not ensure that will happen. So everyone sit back and relax. It will all be over soon.

Is there a rule somewhere (besides the FOI) that says a school has to release the list? LC-M chose to release it, maybe to excite their fan base, which in all honesty is weak. PN-G does not need to generate a buzz for their program. All they need to do is make the right hire. Releasing the list does not ensure that will happen. So everyone sit back and relax. It will all be over soon.

Agree

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin