PNG Coaching Search/Hire Discussion- (New Threads Will Be Deleted)

Gabe

Its getting old that everyone at png thinks there a top notch program yall need a reality check.

I guess you are the one to give it to us? Name one program in the area with the history of PN-G not named WO-S. Name one other program that has played in a state title game in the last ten years not named WO-S.  Lumberton is just a powerhouse right? Playoffs twice in 50 years. Whoooop! You guys are so aggy. The p*n*s envy just oozes from everyone of your posts.

State championship games in the last 10 years?  Uh, let's see.  Newton, Jasper, Kirbyville for starters.  Think before you speak.  All three of these teams would have smoked your "PNG History" this past year. 

What is your record SINCE the state championship LOSS to Stephenville?  That would be sesons 2000 through 2008.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because as citizens of PN we deserve to know, that's why. And yes they will have to release it.

Why do you "deserve" to know?  What decision do you have in the process?  Unless you are on the committee, you have no say as to whom gets hired, so what difference does it make who applies?  You elected officials to do their job.  Let them do it and don't worry about it.  Support your elected officials and support their decision. 

You deserve to know because the school district is funded by your tax dollars.  You have elected a board to oversee the administration of the school and how those funds are spent.  You also do have a say in who gets hired...wanting information so you can be a more educated voter is not a lack of support for your elected officials. 

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories.  Thomas Jefferson

Because as citizens of PN we deserve to know, that's why. And yes they will have to release it.

Why do you "deserve" to know?  What decision do you have in the process?  Unless you are on the committee, you have no say as to whom gets hired, so what difference does it make who applies?  You elected officials to do their job.  Let them do it and don't worry about it.  Support your elected officials and support their decision. 

You deserve to know because the school district is funded by your tax dollars.  You have elected a board to oversee the administration of the school and how those funds are spent.  You also do have a say in who gets hired...wanting information so you can be a more educated voter is not a lack of support for your elected officials. 

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories.  Thomas Jefferson

No.  You really don't.  The only time you have a say is election day when you elect the officials to do there job.  Just because you're a taxpayer doesn't mean you have the right to run the district.  You pay tax dollars to the police department.  Does that give you the right to set the speed limit?

It's really Civics 101.

What difference is it going to make if you know who applied or not?  You don't have any say as to who gets hired.  And you can't make a judgement on any of the coaches on that list that you don't personally know...so what's the point?  I applaud PN-G for not posting it.  It shows that the media can't have everything they want.  We can thank the media for this debacle that's going on in Washington D.C. right now, and I guarantee you that the media has had a lot more to do with the economy than you might think.  The tail wags the dog.  Just be patient and you will know who the new head coach at PN-G is very soon.  For those of you that don't really care who the new head coach is and just want to be nosey....get a life. 

How will they know if they agree with the decision the board or committee makes if they don't know the choices? These people were elected, you are right. However, how will the people that elected them know if they wanted to vote them back in or not if they don't know if they agree with the decisions that they are making?????????????????

How will they know if they agree with the decision the board or committee makes if they don't know the choices? These people were elected, you are right. However, how will the people that elected them know if they wanted to vote them back in or not if they don't know if they agree with the decisions that they are making?????????????????

You will know by the great job the new head coach does! 

Excellent Point....

I love all you people talking about PN-G......it's like we are the Dallas Cowboys!!! Always on people's minds!!!

I wouldn't compare us to the Dallas Cowboys  ::), but it is amazing how many folks out there have PNG on their minds!  Hmmm.....sounds like there may be a little "fear" of the unknown when it comes to PNG!  Gotta love it!  ;D

PNG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Honor...........Pride............Tradition........."Priceless"

I love all you people talking about PN-G......it's like we are the Dallas Cowboys!!! Always on people's minds!!!

I wouldn't compare us to the Dallas Cowboys  ::), but it is amazing how many folks out there have PNG on their minds!  Hmmm.....sounds like there may be a little "fear" of the unknown when it comes to PNG!  Gotta love it!  ;D

PNG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Honor...........Pride............Tradition........."Priceless"

That's just cause we love ya guys, Warrior.  ;D

What difference is it going to make if you know who applied or not?  You don't have any say as to who gets hired.  And you can't make a judgement on any of the coaches on that list that you don't personally know...so what's the point?  I applaud PN-G for not posting it.  It shows that the media can't have everything they want.  We can thank the media for this debacle that's going on in Washington D.C. right now, and I guarantee you that the media has had a lot more to do with the economy than you might think.  The tail wags the dog.  Just be patient and you will know who the new head coach at PN-G is very soon.  For those of you that don't really care who the new head coach is and just want to be nosey....get a life. 

Excellent post!  All those "belly-aching" about the media.....lol....the media is what got this country in the trouble it's in today, January 20, 2009.  I agree, the "tail" is wagging the dog.  Just be patient, when PNG gets ready to release the list, all you folks chompin at the bit will have your day....what good it will do you.....NOT A THING!  This affects the folks from PNG.  However, I guess if you are afraid that PNG will get a top notch coach who will come in and turn things around, then, you have either a "fear" problem or a "jealousy" problem.  However, PNG loves the fact that we have risen to the forefront of  your thoughts.  Thanks for making PNG #1 in the offseason! 

PNG>>>>>>>>>>>>>Honor...........Pride............Tradition......."PRICELESS"

That's just cause we love ya guys, Warrior.   ;D

Hey Yankee, I know......theres a LOT of love being spread around!  Dang, my Eagles lost this weekend, but the Steelers did it! Oh, well, one out of two not so bad.  Congrats to the Cardinals.....they deserved the win!

I wouldn't compare us to the Dallas Cowboys  ::), but it is amazing how many folks out there have PNG on their minds!  Hmmm.....sounds like there may be a little "fear" of the unknown when it comes to PNG!   Gotta love it!  ;D

OR maybe the fear is "OUT" of PNG football?

Not really how a voter wants his or her information, Young Coach. Voters should be fully and completely informed on who or whom they are putting in office to make decisions for them, example, WOS school board voting against the bus issue.  ;)

Not really how a voter wants his or her information, Young Coach. Voters should be fully and completely informed on who or whom they are putting in office to make decisions for them, example, WOS school board voting against the bus issue.  ;)

You're not a voter on this issue.  The only issue you can vote on is who to put in office to make the deicsions.  Just like Obama is now the President...there is nothing we can do about it now, until 2012.  You can't do anything about what he does until then.  Just like you can't do anything about what the hiring committee decides.  All you can do is wait until the next election to decide if you want to re-elect them or not.  Don't worry...you'll get your list, but there is nothing you can do about it.  No need to worry about things you can't control. 

You're not a voter on this issue.  The only issue you can vote on is who to put in office to make the deicsions.  Just like Obama is now the President...there is nothing we can do about it now, until 2012.  You can't do anything about what he does until then.  Just like you can't do anything about what the hiring committee decides.  All you can do is wait until the next election to decide if you want to re-elect them or not.  Don't worry...you'll get your list, but there is nothing you can do about it.  No need to worry about things you can't control. 

No one was arguing who was voting on the new coach. Read slower and listen. You spend too much time trying to get your point across that you don't read what anyone else thinks. You made the exact same point I did and as a voter that is what you want to inform yourself with is the information about the people that are in office now. That way you know if you want them back in office. Do they think like me. Do they vote like I would vote. Do they study all options. Do they get all of the information and make sure it's correct or do they just show up and look at the agenda and vote.

No one was arguing who was voting on the new coach. Read slower and listen. You spend too much time trying to get your point across that you don't read what anyone else thinks. You made the exact same point I did and as a voter that is what you want to inform yourself with is the information about the people that are in office now. That way you know if you want them back in office. Do they think like me. Do they vote like I would vote. Do they study all options. Do they get all of the information and make sure it's correct or do they just show up and look at the agenda and vote.

So what will producing the list prove?

Producing the list will prove NOTHING!  All it will do is give those folks outside of PNG the chance to either praise or bash the applicants.......nothing more than to satify their desire for scrutiny.  You don't see folks from PNG on here saying to release the list....its everyone else. Producing the list proves nothing, absolutely nothing!

Yea but the people of PNG want to see it, i work with several of them and it's only fair it's released before the hiring date of Feb. 10. And i'm sure the AG will make them release it before the hiring date. And it's the Law.

Not all members of the hiring committee are elected. I know they are just going to recommend the person and the elected officials are going to make ultimate decision, but it's crazy how the tax payer thing gets thrown around like it has. People it's not that big of a deal. I'm going to try and use an analogy, may not be that good, but take an NFL owner and he hires a coach that TAXPAYERS don't like. I don't see them wanting the team to move out of town. Heck the school board are taxpayers too, they don't get a voice. How about they say they want the taxpayers that are whinning just shut thier trap. What drives the outsiders is all the division between PNG supporters over this issue. Trust the people that we put in there. I think no matter what they do there's people out there with a hidden agenda against the members that take every chance to blast them to the public. It's sad we have a handful of citizens in this community that love to have turmoil.

Not all members of the hiring committee are elected. I know they are just going to recommend the person and the elected officials are going to make ultimate decision, but it's crazy how the tax payer thing gets thrown around like it has. People it's not that big of a deal. I'm going to try and use an analogy, may not be that good, but take an NFL owner and he hires a coach that TAXPAYERS don't like. I don't see them wanting the team to move out of town. Heck the school board are taxpayers too, they don't get a voice. How about they say they want the taxpayers that are whinning just shut thier trap. What drives the outsiders is all the division between PNG supporters over this issue. Trust the people that we put in there. I think no matter what they do there's people out there with a hidden agenda against the members that take every chance to blast them to the public. It's sad we have a handful of citizens in this community that love to have turmoil.

OK, your starting to sound like some people from another school district!  Some people want to see the list and according to law, they have to provide it. It's as simple as that. I would like to see it to see what choices the school has.  I have no "hidden agenda" nor do I want to "blast" people in public.

This is a public forum and if something is posted on it expect some opinion's. This forum is for discussion. That's what makes America Great!!

P.S. I even get along with TD!  ;)

OK, your starting to sound like some people from another school district!  Some people want to see the list and according to law, they have to provide it.

It's as simple as that. I would like to see it to see what choices the school has.  I have no "hidden agenda" nor do I want to "blast" people in public.

There hasn't been discussions, it's been an all out war against PNG because of media people on here. I mean look at how many threads have been made over this. It's ridiculous, and Coop slipping in enterprise stuff about giving them hell, they desrve it. What's up with that.  I can't remember the last time that ya'll bashed another school this bad on a topic. It's insane.

This is a public forum and if something is posted on it expect some opinion's. This forum is for discussion. That's what makes America Great!!

P.S. I even get along with TD!   ;)

OK, your starting to sound like some people from another school district!  Some people want to see the list and according to law, they have to provide it. It's as simple as that. I would like to see it to see what choices the school has.  I have no "hidden agenda" nor do I want to "blast" people in public.

P.S. I even get along with TD!   ;)

\

Couldn't have said it better.  :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder