OF at HJ, Tuesday, Predictions??

Lazeek

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aschrapps

Hj will win but the comment that has been made several times by w5 that they will win by as many as they want is a little over the top. Does that mean Sutherland and benard can tell the other team we want to win by 67 and it will happen? Let's not get carried away.

Hj will win but the comment that has been made several times by w5 that they will win by as many as they want is a little over the top. Does that mean Sutherland and benard can tell the other team we want to win by 67 and it will happen? Let's not get carried away.

I can understand what you saying but it a figure of speech. When a team is possibly more talente, athletic and better than another team. All will say we will win by as much as we want. It all just figure of speech.

It might not show from the meeting in EC but the gap is getting closer between these two.  The two freshman teams were close last year.  OF JV beat HJ at OF and almost beat them at HJ.  OF varsity only lost by 2 at OF.  Yeah the game at HJ was 15-20 but it was close at the half and HJ went on a run in the 3rd.  Keep this in mind.  OF had lost an overtime game the night before to Liberty Hill in the EC tournament and played a game that morning before they played HJ.  I will be the first to admit that OF has not been playing very well as of late and HJ has been playing a lot better than at the beginning of the year.  Maybe not Tuesday, but in a meeting very soon,  OF is going to beat HJ at the varsity level.  Be ready to eat your crow, because beating somebody by as much as you want will not happen on Tuesday.  Who Believe!!!!

Guest bleed orange

What I like about this whole deal is, Who would of thought we would be talking about Orangefield boys basketball ? Yes we are catching up with HJ. Maybe not this year or the next but we are. Remember the days when Orangefield was an easy win. Not anymore.  We may never catch up but we do have most teams attention and that is something that has not happened in the past. Our program is headed in the right direction.

I'm going to tell you my opinion. A lot of teams in this area that has been a pretty weak team in the past and for the last couple years they have been improving like O-Field. This is how I see this area the only reason a lot of teams can say they heading in the right direction is because this area isn't as good as is used to be few years ago. Teams like Silsbee, HJ, WO-S, Ozen, Kountze and EC used to dominate this area in their classification. But this year seem to be more of a down year for the whole area which makes the "Improving" (Nederland, PNG, and O-Field etc...) teams seem that they can hang with the powerhouse team in the area. But I'm not trying to bring those teams down because they have really worked hard to get where they at right now.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    katty
    Newest Member
    katty