Local TV Stations Praise LCM for releasing applicant list while calling out PNG

I'm sure the board has a good reason not to release the names. I just can't figure out what it would be. It is comon practice to publish names of apps state wide if not country wide. All the coaches that applied know that sooner or later there names will be common knowledge. If they are in a job where they can get fired for trying to better themselves, they are probably ready to go any way. I do wish they would release the names so the community can debate the qualities of each app. Is it not one af the great things about America that we can all agree to disagree. That said it is still the boards job to hire the new coach and I will support who ever that might be. It would just be a lot more fun if we had a list we could debate over.

I personally think the school should have the right to keep the list a secret until they have reached their finalists.

Question, would a publicly owned corporation have to show a list of applicants to a job if the media asked for it?

A public company is owned by shareholders that voluntarily put their capital at risk, but it not owned by the general public. Not sure how you would go about getting those details

I think a better comparison would be list of applicants for the position of like that of city manager for a municipality.

My opinion is this: FEAR, MAN FEAR !!!!!!!!  all the bashers are seriously afraid of what a new coach will do with the talent this program has !!!! and what the indians will do to his/their team next year and the years to follow!!!!!!!!!  Trust me what coach we end up with is gonna have alot of talent coming thru over the next 4-5 years. Lots if size and speed to work with !!!  So just look at it as THEY ARE AFRAID OF WHAT THE INDIANS ARE GONNA PUT ON THE FIELD !!!!!!!!!!!!

My opinion is this: FEAR, MAN FEAR !!!!!!!!  all the bashers are seriously afraid of what a new coach will do with the talent this program has !!!! and what the indians will do to his/their team next year and the years to follow!!!!!!!!!  Trust me what coach we end up with is gonna have alot of talent coming thru over the next 4-5 years. Lots if size and speed to work with !!!  So just look at it as THEY ARE AFRAID OF WHAT THE INDIANS ARE GONNA PUT ON THE FIELD !!!!!!!!!!!!

::)

:D :D

GOOD POST !  ;D ;D ;D

im thinking jackhammer rides his bike down to the kirbyville public library,wearing his stephenville football helmet to get on the computer.

Why do you have to drag us into this conversation?

Stevieray,  Only because that hammer boy claims to support Stevensville.  I think he's just making a feeble attempt at associating himself with a winner.

I am asking this as a PNG grad and fan, not as a reporter of a paper. With all this talent you speak of and how great PNG will be, so Matt Burnett could not have won with this talent? He could not have gotten the job done?

I remember Burnett winning when the Indians had talent.

Guest Brubaker

Up to this point, I've been reading and enjoying... but this has got to be the most ridiculous post I've read in many years.  DILUSIONAL... DILUSIONAL.

Up to this point, I've been reading and enjoying... but this has got to be the most ridiculous post I've read in many years.  DILUSIONAL... DILUSIONAL.

Dilusional is jackhammer and baseball25 035 0r 0

Can someone answer please, could Matt Burnett not have won with all the talent that has been said to be coming up? I'm not being rude or anything, I would really just like the opinion of my fellow Indians.

I think Burnett could have won with some changes in the coaching staff.  There is  a LOT of great talent coming up for PNG.  However, the fans of PNG like to win...they are used to winning, and I feel the pressure was on to replace Burnett.  I started hearing the grumblings three years ago and this year, the grumblings among fans were begining to become all out "yells."  Burnett is a good man with a good heart and good intentions.  However, Einstein's definition of insanity came into play here...."doing the same thing over and over again and expecting change."

PNG>>>>>>>>HONOR......PRIDE......TRADITION......

It probably was time for a change and I hope that PNG becomes the team they've been again.  Better competition makes every team in SETX better.  When Dayton played PNG the two years we were in the district, my mother was telling us what plays were coming and she knows nothing about football.  The kids played hard and looked to be well coached, but the offensive creativity was just not there.

I'm sure the board has a good reason not to release the names. I just can't figure out what it would be. It is comon practice to publish names of apps state wide if not country wide. All the coaches that applied know that sooner or later there names will be common knowledge. If they are in a job where they can get fired for trying to better themselves, they are probably ready to go any way. I do wish they would release the names so the community can debate the qualities of each app. Is it not one af the great things about America that we can all agree to disagree. That said it is still the boards job to hire the new coach and I will support who ever that might be. It would just be a lot more fun if we had a list we could debate over.

What would the community know about "qualities" of each applicant? Simply reading the record of some coach out in Wichita Falls does not make one knowledgeable about his qualities. 

im thinking jackhammer rides his bike down to the kirbyville public library,wearing his stephenville football helmet to get on the computer.

Why do you have to drag us into this conversation?

Stevieray,  Only because that hammer boy claims to support Stevensville.  I think he's just making a feeble attempt at associating himself with a winner.

Ahh, I see....On a serious note, best of luck in the coaching search...I'm sure yall will end up with a great coach

By the way, it's Stephenville, not Stevensville ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder