Local TV Stations Praise LCM for releasing applicant list while calling out PNG

I saw this on channel 4 and six last night.  Great PR for LCM and not so good PR for PNG.

Both stations mentioned that freedom of information acts have been filed against PNG.

It does not do PNG any good for trying to keep a "lips sealed" policy about their HC/AD job.  But they aren't too worried about public perception.  They are on a higher plane than most it would seem.

I saw this on channel 4 and six last night.  Great PR for LCM and not so good PR for PNG.

Both stations mentioned that freedom of information acts have been filed against PNG.

It does not do PNG any good for trying to keep a "lips sealed" policy about their HC/AD job.  But they aren't too worried about public perception.  They are on a higher plane than most it would seem.

Jackhammer, since you are not from PNG, why does it matter to you anyway?  For days now, I see nothing but "HATE" from you for PNG.  What gives?  Man, give it up......you're not from PNG, its not going to affect you anyway.  Enough is enough. >:(

Yes but we need to release it!

I agree, I think releasing it would be the right thing to do, however, there are pros and cons concerning the individuals that have applied.  However, calling posters names, continuing to put down a school and community is a bit much. 

PNG ... Honor, Pride, Tradition.......

Jackhammer, since you are not from PNG, why does it matter to you anyway?  For days now, I see nothing but "HATE" from you for PNG.  What gives?  Man, give it up......you're not from PNG, its not going to affect you anyway.  Enough is enough. >:(

What a crock of crap. I watched the news. The news was reported, that was it. I heard no one singing the praises of LC-M while painting PN-G in a bad light. Your obsession with PN-G has reached stalker type levels. You should see a shrink. I still have not seen him mention one time what school he follows. He is all about PN-G.

As an outsider who has no dog in the fight and doesn't care either way, let me ask a huge question.

Besides just knowing who applyed why does it matter if they release the names or not? Does it really matter to know that Joe Nobody from out of state who has no shot at the job applyed?

Can we just not wait until it gets down to the final 4 or so and go from there. I am just as curious as anyone but Mid-Feburary when the hire is going to happen is not that far away!

What a crock of crap. I watched the news. The news was reported, that was it. I heard no one singing the praises of LC-M while painting PN-G in a bad light. Your obsession with PN-G has reached stalker type levels. You should see a shrink. I still have not seen him mention one time what school he follows. He is all about PN-G.

This is the hidden content, please

bottom of the page.  ;)

As an outsider who has no dog in the fight and doesn't care either way, let me ask a huge question.

Besides just knowing who applyed why does it matter if they release the names or not? Does it really matter to know that Joe Nobody from out of state who has no shot at the job applyed?

Can we just not wait until it gets down to the final 4 or so and go from there. I am just as curious as anyone but Mid-Feburary when the hire is going to happen is not that far away!

As an "insider", I agree with you, Quacker37, it doesn't matter.  The decision is going to ultimately be up to the shool board.  I think some folks, who evidently has it in for PNG for some reason or other, just want something else to squabble about.  No matter who the final 4 is, or who is picked, he's going to be "praised" by some and "condemned" by others...thats just the way it is.  Would I like to see the list of names, yes.  But, its not my decision to produce it.  I just take offense to the "cheap" shots against the school I support and the district I chose to send my children too.  

bottom of the page.  ;)

I saw that, but I am sure that is far from the truth. Just another attempt by the board clown to stir the pot.  ::)

bottom of the page.  ;)

I saw that, but I am sure that is far from the truth. Just another attempt by the board clown to stir the pot.  ::)

he seems to support kirbyville pretty strongly as well.

Maybe he is wanting to see if Alverez's name is on the list. Could seriously affect Kirbyville program. They just lost their Supt to Vidor. Maybe people from Port Neches are playing it close to the vest to keep bickering between locals down, who knows. This is typical situation where you can what if things to death and nobody but the people involved will ever know the truth. But this is a board, and the nature of the beast is to question any and every thing. Sometimes just to get under other peoples skin.

Not a matter if they want to, if freedom of information is filed and is done in the right way, the company has no choice. They have 10 days to give out the info to who filed the paperwork

The more I think about it, whether a FOI is filed or not, revealing the list is not going to serve any purpose, other than to give folks on discussion boards to voice "yays" and "nays" about the applicants.  The end result, the decision, is up to the school board and the expertise they have in place.  And the debate continues............ ::)

Just like people have the right to file for the open records, which I thinks is stupid, the district has the right to wait the entire 10 days. The 10 days aren't up yet. I think there's too much put into this list. Give us a good coach period. To H$$l with all of the nay sayers ie jackass or whatever his name is. It's ok to discuss topics, but when every comment you make is putting another team down that's wrong. If you can't be civil then go to the circus website because all you need is the big top. Scalp'em

I was the one that didn't report it and not because I went to PN-G. To me it's a non-story at this point. I didn't show the LC-M list either though because these aren't the finalists these are huge lists. If a school doesn't want to release the list oh well I'm not going to lose sleep over it even though of course for personal reasons I'm very curious.

PNGISD is just probably trying their best to honor some of the applicants request to keep it confidential. I believe PNG may have more to lose than some of the coaches if they don't handle it that way. I have a feeling theres going to be some surprised people.

PNGISD is just probably trying their best to honor some of the applicants request to keep it confidential. I believe PNG may have more to lose than some of the coaches if they don't handle it that way. I have a feeling theres going to be some surprised people.

Totally agree with you, pngfan1.  If ANYONE should be anxious about seeing the list, it should be the fans of PNG!  Seems to me, those that are not associated with PNG are more anxious than the PNG fans are about releasing the names.  I just feel that name calling, negative adjectives and references should be left out of the discussion in referencing PNG school district and the PNG fans.

PNG>>>>>Honor....Pride....Tradition

Na, i see full lists across Texas from different sites.

It has become more common as Coop says. We used to only see the finalists,this seems to be changing.LaMarque only posted the finalists names last year though. I remember in 1989 PNG only made the finalists public. There were four. I can only remember three of the names, Danny Malone, Bruce Bush, and Richard Marler. Showing my age huh? Oh well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami