Best 1A team in SETX

Guest curtissimo

well i said at the first of last year that Evadale was. i still believe that is true.

in basketball they are a little weak but after watching them most of the season,

they are subject to take off at any time you can see a real ball team.

but in baseball they will dominate everyone this yearin 1-a

Guest curtissimo

I'm thinking Chester is probably one of the best 1a teams in SETX.  The only 1a team in the area that went further in the playoffs last year than them was West Sabine. Plus Chester returns 7 starters.

Guest curtissimo

chester said that last year until they came to Evadale

That was last year, we are twice maybe three times as good this year as we were then. It'll be a whole different story this time around, I guarantee it.

It could be argued that this is the year of the Rebel!

I don't see any change in that when baseball comes along. This is a unique year as there are what seems about 70% of the team is in off season workouts instead of on the basketball court. Their are some who will move from basketball to baseball, but the percentages will be smaller than from football to basketball.

The Rebels have a good number of returning starters and position players who got work last year as the Rebels were a playoff team. Those who are in baseball are focused as they know that since they have been in high school the Rebels have not won two district crowns for the guys. This group of seniors and all the others can change that as they shoot for baseball to go along with football and who knows that might even be trying tho complete sweep if the basketball team continues its winning ways.

Be ready because the Rebels are coming!

I think Chester will be very sound on the diamond this year. Pitching is the concern. The Sturrock kid is back, but who else is on the mound? As pitching goes, so go the Jackets this year! The Neal and Franklin boys offensive production will be the next important thing.

Guest curtissimo

Besides sturrock the only two other returning pitchers are Johnson and Barnes. Franklin dinged his shoulder up last year and couldn't pitch, I think he might relieve some this year.

Don't worry MIA the Rebel bullpen will have plenty of arms ready for the district race.

With enough players to fill a varsity and JV roster coach Williams will have lots of opportunities to get his starting rotation set before the district campaign gets underway.

The Rebels have the blessing of numbers and have had a JV baseball program for years that continues to supply players for the varsity dugout.

It should be a great season!

I for one enjoy tight races, don't get me wrong I want the Rebels to win everything, but a tough district race is great for a team that advances. If they breeze through the district schedule then when they get to playoffs they are untested and unable to handle a good team when the time comes to play the game.

I think we all should welcome spirited competition while of course still rooting for our team.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin