hitting coach

dme1111

I am looking for a hitting coach for my 7 year old daughter. Tried batmasters but the guy won't call me back. Anyone know someone who I could contact?

Grandslam in Orange

What is Whitecaps? I thought you were with Crush????

Galveston College

How quick they turn on you ;) ;D ;D

I am looking for a hitting coach for my 7 year old daughter. Tried batmasters but the guy won't call me back. Anyone know someone who I could contact?

Grandslam in Orange

What is Whitecaps? I thought you were with Crush????

Galveston College

How quick they turn on you ;) ;D ;D

And what are you paying for?

Give the kid a break, she is to young to be pushing her yet. She will have a ton of time  for all that coaching latter. Make sure at that age that she has fun being a kid. This will be important to her future in playing softball, they must have fun when they are young.

Guest b-a-g fan

Wow :o The world just stopped on it's axis ;D ;D I agree Trout, work with her when she wants to go and enjoy the private father daughter time and make it fun . They grow up way to fast and this is the most important time for her to grow to love the great game of Softball . As she gets older the game will get so competitive that you will wish you could go back to those young days  :)

Give the kid a break, she is to young to be pushing her yet. She will have a ton of time  for all that coaching latter. Make sure at that age that she has fun being a kid. This will be important to her future in playing softball, they must have fun when they are young.

Just so you know before you form an opinion: I don't push and never will push my kids... She wants to learn to hit better,  I shift work and don't really have the time,and have taught her all I can.  She is moving at her own pace. However I do appreciate your insight and concern.

Wow :o The world just stopped on it's axis ;D ;D I agree Trout, work with her when she wants to go and enjoy the private father daughter time and make it fun . They grow up way to fast and this is the most important time for her to grow to love the great game of Softball . As she gets older the game will get so competitive that you will wish you could go back to those young days  :)

Oh my GOSH!  You are a live! 

Must be getting close to softball season..............

Just so you know before you form an opinion: I don't push and never will push my kids... She wants to learn to hit better,  I shift work and don't really have the time,and have taught her all I can.  She is moving at her own pace. However I do appreciate your insight and concern.

If she really wants to train and you want to pay for it - DO IT! She will enjoy the game more if she is successful. That takes hard work. Don't let people accuse of "pushing her". Unless you really are.

Oh my GOSH!   You are a live! 

Must be getting close to softball season..............

Like the sign better now !  LOL  ;D ;D

IMO she is probably still a little young for hitting lessons, but if that's what you want to do Jeremy does a fine job at Grand Slam in Orange. You are probably helping her just fine for now, just worrying about basics. Gotta have a good foundation to build off of for later. 10 years old is about right to start hitting lessons. Never brought mine to a hitting coach, except when Verde tied to sneak in a couple of rotational lessons.  ;) BTW whatever you do and whomever you use be consistent. Nothing screws a kid up faster than everyone trying to teach them something different.

IMO she is probably still a little young for hitting lessons, but if that's what you want to do Jeremy does a fine job at Grand Slam in Orange. You are probably helping her just fine for now, just worrying about basics. Gotta have a good foundation to build off of for later. 10 years old is about right to start hitting lessons. Never brought mine to a hitting coach, except when Verde tied to sneak in a couple of rotational lessons.  ;) BTW whatever you do and whomever you use be consistent. Nothing screws a kid up faster than everyone trying to teach them something different.

IMHO, I respectfully disagree, JohnnyT.  7 is a great time to learn the RIGHT way to swing a bat.  Its difficult to un-learn a bad (linear, haaha) swing.  A couple of lessons and lots of tee work, then soft toss, will get her going in the right direction.  She will love the game if she can learn to hit with the right mechanics.  You don't have to push her hard, just get her started correctly.

Guest b-a-g fan

I also agree with JohnnyT ., Fundamentals right now are the key to her success later in life . Find a Teacher or a method that she is successful with , and stay with it .  I have seen so many parents try the new method approach ,every week and the poor kids pay in the longrun ,watching them struggle to remember witch way to hold the bat and what to do everytime ,  . GrandSlam is very good , Jeremy helped my daughter in her quest to get a college scholarship and he does not push until you need to be pushed .  A. Kuhn and Jb and  R. Ragesdale and Cheater and myself have spent a few years and many nights at GrandSlam and I know it all has payed off . Lauren Parker has also helped to  escalate Lindsey Rossi's bat to the next level . If she wants to improve give her the means . My comments were not to discourage in any way , not everyone has been as lucky as I have to have a job were I could Coach and help others such as Cheater help my daughter be successful.  Help her all you can, and  remember enjoy the ride, when you turn around she will be 7 ,then when you blink she will be  headed off to college :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont

• That TDS is really flaring. Now do Biden. You have way, way, way more material. And keep that bitter "you are better than me" jealousy tone you have with Trump. You know Biden, the one you want everyone to vote for instead of Trump.
    • I have a better one. The point that nobody wants to acknowledge is that Dems are crossing over to vote Trump in the primaries and in the general so he will win the presidency. That way Trump will get the blame when the Dems implement their sinister plan to deport all of the minorities in the country. They have already laid the groundwork...convincing everyone that Trump and Republicans are racist (without providing any proof). Then it will be just a matter of time to execute their White supremacy plan of the great purge of the dirty, unwashed, heathen, non-Whites that roam freely in this country. I think my theory is more viable than your theory. Maybe we can get some other ridiculous scenarios so we can start a poll.
    • But that’s what Trump’s fanboys don’t understand.  When he talked about sexually assaulting women, y’all laughed it off as “locker room talk.”  When it was proven that he raped E. Jean Carroll, you cried that it was all an injustice… a lie. Even though he’d already confessed to doing the same thing to other women.  John McCain has suffered and sacrificed more for his country than practically anybody, except possible gold star families… and Trump called him a loser or something to that effect. “Oh, it was a joke that no one was supposed to take seriously.” But when Trump, after disrespecting the sacrifices of one of our most valiant, y’all are like “just because Trump didn’t go to Omaha Beach doesn’t mean he isn’t pro military!” Really? All you have to do is listen to what he said about McCain’s service. Not McCain as an opponent, not McCain’s political views… about the fact that the man was tortured, probably raped, and who knows what all else for over five years for swearing an oath and putting on the uniform.  But all of y’all supposedly “pro military” people just laughed along with Trump. “Good one, Sir! Maverick my new-hind! Filthy Rino!”  I don’t understand how the same people (y’all) who probably always say “thank you for your service” to any veteran still support a guy who craps on the ones who suffered the most on our behalf.  It’s baffling. 
    • Wow. Do you actually believe your little scenario has any chance of alleviating you of your moral immaturity? Deflection at it's best...or worse. You seem to be a sad case. If you died today, I would be remiss if not attributing your cause of death to severe TDS, and of course, Covid. Look at that. I just made a joke about your death. You did not get offended. Nobody was offended. Not one person will accuse me of being hateful towards fellow human beings. But yet, you hate Trump because he made a similar crude comment about McCain. You tried to attribute that comment as evidence Trump hates the military. What grade level of schoolchildren do you think is laughing at you for that "less that adolescent" (hint, hint) comment. You used one crude comment in an attempt to justify your TDS. Now, when called on it, you try to deflect the whole topic. You are certainly not having any fun with this, but you sure are providing entertainment for the board. It's a shame you can't join in on the fun. I think even Big Girl might be to the point of giggling at the shamelessness you are exhibiting.
    • It’s actually sad that he’s so in your head that you continually create these stupid analogies.
  • Topics