hitting coach

dme1111

I am looking for a hitting coach for my 7 year old daughter. Tried batmasters but the guy won't call me back. Anyone know someone who I could contact?

Grandslam in Orange

What is Whitecaps? I thought you were with Crush????

Galveston College

How quick they turn on you ;) ;D ;D

I am looking for a hitting coach for my 7 year old daughter. Tried batmasters but the guy won't call me back. Anyone know someone who I could contact?

Grandslam in Orange

What is Whitecaps? I thought you were with Crush????

Galveston College

How quick they turn on you ;) ;D ;D

And what are you paying for?

Give the kid a break, she is to young to be pushing her yet. She will have a ton of time  for all that coaching latter. Make sure at that age that she has fun being a kid. This will be important to her future in playing softball, they must have fun when they are young.

Guest b-a-g fan

Wow :o The world just stopped on it's axis ;D ;D I agree Trout, work with her when she wants to go and enjoy the private father daughter time and make it fun . They grow up way to fast and this is the most important time for her to grow to love the great game of Softball . As she gets older the game will get so competitive that you will wish you could go back to those young days  :)

Give the kid a break, she is to young to be pushing her yet. She will have a ton of time  for all that coaching latter. Make sure at that age that she has fun being a kid. This will be important to her future in playing softball, they must have fun when they are young.

Just so you know before you form an opinion: I don't push and never will push my kids... She wants to learn to hit better,  I shift work and don't really have the time,and have taught her all I can.  She is moving at her own pace. However I do appreciate your insight and concern.

Wow :o The world just stopped on it's axis ;D ;D I agree Trout, work with her when she wants to go and enjoy the private father daughter time and make it fun . They grow up way to fast and this is the most important time for her to grow to love the great game of Softball . As she gets older the game will get so competitive that you will wish you could go back to those young days  :)

Oh my GOSH!  You are a live! 

Must be getting close to softball season..............

Just so you know before you form an opinion: I don't push and never will push my kids... She wants to learn to hit better,  I shift work and don't really have the time,and have taught her all I can.  She is moving at her own pace. However I do appreciate your insight and concern.

If she really wants to train and you want to pay for it - DO IT! She will enjoy the game more if she is successful. That takes hard work. Don't let people accuse of "pushing her". Unless you really are.

Oh my GOSH!   You are a live! 

Must be getting close to softball season..............

Like the sign better now !  LOL  ;D ;D

IMO she is probably still a little young for hitting lessons, but if that's what you want to do Jeremy does a fine job at Grand Slam in Orange. You are probably helping her just fine for now, just worrying about basics. Gotta have a good foundation to build off of for later. 10 years old is about right to start hitting lessons. Never brought mine to a hitting coach, except when Verde tied to sneak in a couple of rotational lessons.  ;) BTW whatever you do and whomever you use be consistent. Nothing screws a kid up faster than everyone trying to teach them something different.

IMO she is probably still a little young for hitting lessons, but if that's what you want to do Jeremy does a fine job at Grand Slam in Orange. You are probably helping her just fine for now, just worrying about basics. Gotta have a good foundation to build off of for later. 10 years old is about right to start hitting lessons. Never brought mine to a hitting coach, except when Verde tied to sneak in a couple of rotational lessons.  ;) BTW whatever you do and whomever you use be consistent. Nothing screws a kid up faster than everyone trying to teach them something different.

IMHO, I respectfully disagree, JohnnyT.  7 is a great time to learn the RIGHT way to swing a bat.  Its difficult to un-learn a bad (linear, haaha) swing.  A couple of lessons and lots of tee work, then soft toss, will get her going in the right direction.  She will love the game if she can learn to hit with the right mechanics.  You don't have to push her hard, just get her started correctly.

Guest b-a-g fan

I also agree with JohnnyT ., Fundamentals right now are the key to her success later in life . Find a Teacher or a method that she is successful with , and stay with it .  I have seen so many parents try the new method approach ,every week and the poor kids pay in the longrun ,watching them struggle to remember witch way to hold the bat and what to do everytime ,  . GrandSlam is very good , Jeremy helped my daughter in her quest to get a college scholarship and he does not push until you need to be pushed .  A. Kuhn and Jb and  R. Ragesdale and Cheater and myself have spent a few years and many nights at GrandSlam and I know it all has payed off . Lauren Parker has also helped to  escalate Lindsey Rossi's bat to the next level . If she wants to improve give her the means . My comments were not to discourage in any way , not everyone has been as lucky as I have to have a job were I could Coach and help others such as Cheater help my daughter be successful.  Help her all you can, and  remember enjoy the ride, when you turn around she will be 7 ,then when you blink she will be  headed off to college :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder