gulf coast invitational

Yes you are right AAW. I was looking at the schedule and I couldn't really believe that some top school in the tourney are playing really early in the tourrney. For example if Silsbee win and the defending tourney champ win they have to play in the second round. If Nederland and CE King win in the first round they will have to play each other. From what I know from those few teams they could very well play for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place

This is the hidden content, please

Is the competition gym the new, bigger gym that's at the south end of the football stadium? Is the auxiliary gym the old gym where Silsbee played their first round playoff game last year?

AAW I CALL MY GRANDDAUGHTER THAT GOES 2 BH SHE SAID THE COMPETITION IS THE NEW GYM. THE AUXILARY IS THE OLD GYM. THE OTHER GYM IS STILL NOT READY 2 USE

Both the Competition Gym and the Aux Gym are inside the high school.  Both are in good shape, with the aux gym getting a brand new floor after Ike.  Unfortunately, the Field House gym which is the "big" venue at the south end of the football field is still under repairs for major hurricane damage.  Really sorry it won't be ready till January, it was a great place for some rockin' championship games in the past!

Both the Competition Gym and the Aux Gym are inside the high school.   Both are in good shape, with the aux gym getting a brand new floor after Ike.  Unfortunately, the Field House gym which is the "big" venue at the south end of the football field is still under repairs for major hurricane damage.  Really sorry it won't be ready till January, it was a great place for some rockin' championship games in the past!

Thanks for that info. Sorry to hear about the damage. That is a very nice gym and was looking forward to doing some broadcasting at that tourney from the Field House. Looks like I'll have to alter my plans some.

looks to me like barbers hill did a very good job of setting themselves up to make it to the championship game of their own tournament by putting all the competitive teams on the opposite side of the bracket and only having 5 teams on their side

Well that's a shocker, I think EVERY team that hosts a tournament does that.

I agree. This tourney is rigged for BH. But can you blame them? who wouldn't want a good showing at their own tourney? But I like Silsbee to win it beating BH. And Nederland to take third.

Even though it may be "rigged" for BH, look for them to lose their first game to Spring-Delkaney. I am predicting a Spring-Silsbee final with the Tigers coming out on top.

I agree. This tourney is rigged for BH. But can you blame them? who wouldn't want a good showing at their own tourney? But I like Silsbee to win it beating BH. And Nederland to take third.

There's nothing wrong with home cooking at your own tourney......the strong side of the bracket is good competition. Most teams would rather play good teams(especially right before district)......also the gate fees go up if the home team is in the finals.(more people can make the games if the home teams play last) the tourney makes more money........

I would love to see Silsbee and Cleveland play...........

Cleveland doesn't want any part of Silsbee. ;) ;D

If I'm reading the bracket right, If Silsbee and Cleveland win they will play each other.........Silsbee plays Dayton and Cleveland plays Sterling.....whats the odds of both Silsbee and Cleveland winning their first game?.............I have seen Cleveland up close this year and they looked like they could beat the Celtics....could have been a one game fluke?.....they shot over 80% from three land....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder