State 4A D1 Finals in Waco

Sunrise

Reports are coming in that the 4 remaining schools in the 4A D1 playoffs have agreed upon Floyd Casey Stadium (Baylor Stadium) in Waco as the site of the Championship Game.  That was the site of last years D2 final between Lake Travis and Highland Park.  Hope it is not as cold and windy as it was last year, but if it is, I hope I am sitting in the stands pulling for LT again anyway.  ;D

What the heck! Why in the world wouldn't they communicate (D1 & D2) and have both games in the same location. I can see if Waco was in the finals maybe the other team would want a neutral location, but thats not the case here. If it's good enough for 5A why not 4A?

Even the semis. I think most people would like to see two games if their gonna drive that far. I swear..... these people!!

What the heck! Why in the world wouldn't they communicate (D1 & D2) and have both games in the same location. I can see if Waco was in the finals maybe the other team would want a neutral location, but thats not the case here. If it's good enough for 5A why not 4A?

Even the semis. I think most people would like to see two games if their gonna drive that far. I swear..... these people!!

D2 will be in San Antonio Alamo Dome at 2:00 on Saturday

D2 will be in San Antonio Alamo Dome at 2:00 on Saturday

Any "factual" location....

I was told Everman, Dayton, and Tivy have agreed on Georgetown, but Sulphur Springs was wanting to play indoors....

Earlier today I heard that Georgetown was the final site for the title game.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder