**Online Public Comment Opportunity - New Deer Regulations**

bronco1

Do you agree or disagree with the new proposed regulations?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree or disagree with the new proposed regulations?

• Agree
    • Disagree

Scoping: Major Changes in Deer Hunting Regulations

The Texas Parks and Wildlife Department has transitioned away from political boundaries for the purpose of monitoring white-tailed deer populations and toward biologically-based communities or Resource Management Units (RMUs).

Find out more and click link to comment online.

This is the hidden content, please

I think most of them look okay. I am totally against #10 that looks to expand the "youth only" gun season to coincide with the archery only season of everyone.

Teach the kids to hunt with bows. Not the kid's fault but I think this will turn into just another chance for gun hunters to hunt in the name of their kids. I know people that do that now with the youth only at the end or archery season.

Like a lot of political issues, they look to pass it by saying, "but it's for the kids".

Yes I agree , the antler restrictions are great. It's been in effect in San Augustine county for a few years now , allows the deer get some age on them. Number 10 is not a good idea, got to let us bow hunters have this time, before all the shooting starts.And yes it will be taken advantage of. I can see it now Billy Bob will have all his and his sisters kids in camp, all with extra tags for him. Horrible rule!!!!

Idk about antler restrictions in some of the counties. For example some places in hardin county are filled to the max with deer to the point where they need to be culled or starve. Very few of these deer have over 13" spreads (presumably because of lack of food) which would be required. What's going to happen with that situation?

Also I think itd be great to have doe season run the full length of deer season around here. We have plenty of deer and nobody wants to shoot a doe in the first few weeks. Jmo

I would agree with #10,there are some honest hunters left.My son is 11 years old and its my goal for him to shoot the first deer and then I start to hunt.If you dont wont anybody hunting durning bow season then make it a club rule not to hunt during that time.Nobody on our lease bow hunts so it wouldnt hurt a thing for the kids to get a early start.I understand that people hunt for their kids but we're not all that way.I get more joy watching my son kill a doe than me would a monster buck.the way I see it the sooner he kills one the sooner I get to hunt.

On the antler restriction IDK it can be good and bad yes better deer but land owners are gonna start thinking bigger deer bigger PRICE I dont know about yall but Im paying alot now and with bigger deer its gonna go up!!!!!!!!

If you dont wont anybody hunting durning bow season then make it a club rule not to hunt during that time.Nobody on our lease bow hunts so it wouldnt hurt a thing for the kids to get a early start.

You can say that about any game laws.... just make it a club rule.

Well that is the problem with the deer herd right now. Plenty of leases have their own rules but the leases that completely surround their property are under the "If it moves, shoot it" rule. That is the very reason that the state is stepping in with the antler restrictions.

If deer didn't cross property lines and if hunters running back and forth on ATV's and blasting guns didn't spook the deer, I could care less about when they are killed. That however is not the case most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Hell the only one I like is #10.  I ain't brought a gun to the stand yet! 

The 13" rule is crap

No seriously I'll obey the new rule but I  wish the state would consider that no everyone are trophy hunters. I'm a meat hunter with kids and do not care one iota about whether or not I kill a trophy mount.  My kids kill every year and that means a lot to me.  I hunt in east Texas and will not break the law but I won't like it and it will mean that a lot of garbage deer will go from one year to the next unchecked.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder