BRAWL IN LUMBERTON & B.C PEE WEE GAME???

Guest kf89

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i've tried to keep out of this discussion but i just read something that made me say to myself "yeah right!"  I don't recall who posted it earlier, and it really does not matter but here is what has made me post a response:

the person said he/she does not encourage fighting and/or trash talking

Ummm, we are talking about FOOTBALL right?  Football: the roughest sport (besides hockey) out there and full of trash talking.  If you don't "allow" that kind of stuff, then why is your son playing football?  Pushing, shoving, trash talking - that is all part of the game.

Does this give the parents the right to fight? NO, not at all.  Does it give someone the right to tell someone else that they are Ike trash? Absolutely not.  Spit in someones face? Again, No.  But please, don't get on this forum and act all high and mighty and act that your child is perfect and does not participate in any type of violence.  He's playing football - it is a violent sport.

That may have been me.  I don't see where I acted like my child is perfect at all.

My son plays football because he wants to.  He's in Pee Wee and acts age appropriately (he's 7).  I don't let my kids talk smack or name call at home, why would I let them do it in sports?  Pushing/shoving/trash talking may be accepted by some, but it is NOT what I consider sportsmanship.  At this age, they're supposed to be learning the correct way to play the game, as I said earlier.  There's a time down the road for the "Win at all costs" philosophy...that time is years away.  If my son ended up with a coach who encouraged trash talking or other bad sportsmanship, I'd pull him from the team.

Hopefully, QueenB is joking, but I'm afraid she is not.        :(

i was serious.  Of course, my idea of trash talking is probably not what a lot of people consider it.  Trash talking to me is: "I'm gonna knock you to the ground" "You won't get passed me" "I'm gonna get  you" "Better be scared of me" etc.  It does not include calling names, cursing, or threats of severe bodily harm.

As a matter of fact, just so those who play against my son's team (WOS Jr. Blue): they get into trouble by Coach Rod and personally, my son would get into trouble by me and his dad, if they tackle someone on the field and is rude about if afterwards.  They are taught to be good sportsmanlike about the whole thing.

To have someone who actually says that his/her child does not "fight" and yet their child is on a hard hitting football team (and I have yet to see a team that is NOT hard hitting), that just struck me wrong due to the fact that the kids do "fight" when they play football.  How else do they come away from the games bruised up and sore all the time?

Now, if you really want my opinion about this ADULT fighting: shame on each and every one of them.  I don't care if they are from BC or Lumberton or WO or LCM or anywhere THAT WAS JUST PLAIN STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE!  They all should be punished for their stupidity.  Lifetime ban?  I think that is harsh. 

But then again, I don't know exactly what was said to each other.  When I was told by a person who WAS there that the people of BC was called Hurricane Trash, that ticked me off and my immediate response was to become angry .. and I don't even live in BC.  At the same time, I cringed when I saw the video and all I saw was fist flying from the BC people.

Again, Shame on everyone involved in this sad, sad situation.

ok, i've tried to keep out of this discussion but i just read something that made me say to myself "yeah right!"  I don't recall who posted it earlier, and it really does not matter but here is what has made me post a response:

the person said he/she does not encourage fighting and/or trash talking

Ummm, we are talking about FOOTBALL right?  Football: the roughest sport (besides hockey) out there and full of trash talking.  If you don't "allow" that kind of stuff, then why is your son playing football?  Pushing, shoving, trash talking - that is all part of the game.

Does this give the parents the right to fight? NO, not at all.  Does it give someone the right to tell someone else that they are Ike trash? Absolutely not.  Spit in someones face? Again, No.  But please, don't get on this forum and act all high and mighty and act that your child is perfect and does not participate in any type of violence.  He's playing football - it is a violent sport.

Real players dont need to talk trash they prove their worth on the field through their actions and how they play the game.

Your right 77 they play football so wth they probably love seeing their parents and coaches slug it out.

Agreed!  Not enough emphasis is placed on "Win with class/Lose with class."  Of course the kids only have to come on here to learn to trash talk.

Hopefully, QueenB is joking, but I'm afraid she is not.        :(

i was serious.  Of course, my idea of trash talking is probably not what a lot of people consider it.  Trash talking to me is: "I'm gonna knock you to the ground" "You won't get passed me" "I'm gonna get  you" "Better be scared of me" etc.  It does not include calling names, cursing, or threats of severe bodily harm.

As a matter of fact, just so those who play against my son's team (WOS Jr. Blue): they get into trouble by Coach Rod and personally, my son would get into trouble by me and his dad, if they tackle someone on the field and is rude about if afterwards.  They are taught to be good sportsmanlike about the whole thing.

To have someone who actually says that his/her child does not "fight" and yet their child is on a hard hitting football team (and I have yet to see a team that is NOT hard hitting), that just struck me wrong due to the fact that the kids do "fight" when they play football.  How else do they come away from the games bruised up and sore all the time?

Now, if you really want my opinion about this ADULT fighting: shame on each and every one of them.  I don't care if they are from BC or Lumberton or WO or LCM or anywhere THAT WAS JUST PLAIN STUPID AND IRRESPONSIBLE!  They all should be punished for their stupidity.  Lifetime ban?  I think that is harsh. 

But then again, I don't know exactly what was said to each other.  When I was told by a person who WAS there that the people of BC was called Hurricane Trash, that ticked me off and my immediate response was to become angry .. and I don't even live in BC.  At the same time, I cringed when I saw the video and all I saw was fist flying from the BC people.

Again, Shame on everyone involved in this sad, sad situation.

Oh, that's not my idea of trash talking, lol.  The kids do that lining up across from each other in Little Dribblers even..."you're going down", "you're not getting past me", etc. 

And my kids are encouraged to be aggressive in sports.  To me, there's just a big difference between hitting someone hard in football and actually "fighting".  Fighting to me is actual combat, totally unrelated to normal sports.

I think we're on the same wavelength queenb, just using different wording.

I just watched the video and all I saw was idiots walking around with their chest bowed out like they were gonna beat somebody up. These idiots couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. I hope they are proud of themselves. Personally, I am embarrassed for the two cities. Thank GOD I dint live in either town.  :(

Roughrider, to be honest we are glad that you are not from either of our towns, too.  This was an unfortunate incidient that is better left alone by the perfect people of the world like you.  I am sure that your perfect town would NEVER let anything like this happen, and that you have never been involved in ANYTHING that would be thought stupid or idiotic.  You must work for the news! :o

Roughrider, to be honest we are glad that you are not from either of our towns, too.  This was an unfortunate incidient that is better left alone by the perfect people of the world like you.  I am sure that your perfect town would NEVER let anything like this happen, and that you have never been involved in ANYTHING that would be thought stupid or idiotic.  You must work for the news! :o

I don't know roughrider but I'd be willing to bet he was never involved in anything this ridiculous.

I don't know roughrider but I'd be willing to bet he was never involved in anything this ridiculous.

I did not realize there was so many "PERFECT" people in this world.  I guess that explains why Church attendance is down................ ::)

I did not realize there was so many "PERFECT" people in this world.  I guess that explains why Church attendance is down................ ::)

I love how yall act like this is just an ordinary every day mistake.

At about 8 this morning I dropped my kid off at NHS to catch the bus going to Conroe.  The field behind the band hall was already getting a crowd for a STJFL game.  Man...it looked like the President was coming to visit with all the security on scene.  There were 2 security guards directing traffic who must have been at least 90 yrs old.  I saw at least 2 what I think were NPD patrol cars and various other security vehicles/personnel.  I got to thinking...this is a crying shame that for a kids' football game these kinds of measures are necessary.. I don't know what teams are playing but I sure hope noone decides to do an instant reply of the Lumberton/BC fiasco.  

Let me tell you something footballmomma, I am from Nederland and dang proud of it. I helped build the Nederland Youth Football Association as a board member and coach when Nederland first entered into the league. By the way, I ended my coaching career winning a Super Bowl against West Orange Stark in 2006.  I have also managed and help form the Texas Roughriders who have played major division select baseball and have traveled all over the United States doing so. I have ran across a lot of irate coaches and have been very irate and insulted as well. But I always had sense enough to remember where I was, whom I was coaching, and why I was there.

When you cross the line that both sets of coaches did, you do not deserve the privilege to coach these kids. You are dang right I am not glad I am not from either town because what happened what a flat out embarrassment.

Good thing I am not the President of the STJFL, I would kick both towns out of the League!

Let me tell you something footballmomma, I am from Nederland and dang proud of it. I helped build the Nederland Youth Football Association as a board member and coach when Nederland first entered into the league. By the way, I ended my coaching career winning a Super Bowl against West Orange Stark in 2006.  I have also managed and help form the Texas Roughriders who have played major division select baseball and have traveled all over the United States doing so. I have ran across a lot of irate coaches and have been very irate and insulted as well. But I always had sense enough to remember where I was, whom I was coaching, and why I was there.

When you cross the line that both sets of coaches did, you do not deserve the privilege to coach these kids. You are dang right I am not glad I am not from either town because what happened what a flat out embarrassment.

Good thing I am not the President of the STJFL, I would kick both towns out of the League!

Well, There ya go. That's some great thinkin roughrider! Lets ban the ENTIRE city.......really?  That's also probably why you are not President of the STJFL!  Just so you know, in 2006 with a population of 16,751, nederland had 66 violent crimes while Lumberton with a population of 9,637 had 19.  As you can see even with percentages, Nederland has a higher violent crime percent than Lumberton. So before you start putting down other towns, you may want to look in your own backyard! I used to live in Nederland and its a great community. Your logic makes little sense.  Its 2 coaches, not 2 towns!  Its people like you that makes things worse!

Well, There ya go. That's some great thinkin roughrider! Lets ban the ENTIRE city.......really?  That's also probably why you are not President of the STJFL!  Just so you know, in 2006 with a population of 16,751, nederland had 66 violent crimes while Lumberton with a population of 9,637 had 19.  As you can see even with percentages, Nederland has a higher violent crime percent than Lumberton. So before you start putting down other towns, you may want to look in your own backyard! I used to live in Nederland and its a great community. Your logic makes little sense.  Its 2 coaches, not 2 towns!  Its people like you that makes things worse!

66 violent crimes and not one of them at a youth sporting event. My point is that the STJFL needs to have a zero tolerance on garbage like that. Nedrland is not better than BC or Lum but dont take up for the idiots.

Guest Brubaker

Anything other than lifetime bans in all youth sports for those involved would be a TRAVESTY.  If these communities handle it the way they should, then they can salvage some positive for the kids as they see consequences for unacceptable actions.

66 violent crimes and not one of them at a youth sporting event. My point is that the STJFL needs to have a zero tolerance on garbage like that. Nedrland is not better than BC or Lum but dont take up for the idiots.

I was not taking up for anyone other than the entire city of Lumberton and Bridge City.  You're the one that suggested banning both cities.  You're the one that posted your football resume, and you're the one that made little sense. You cant blame a city for the actions of one. Just as no one should hold Nederland as a city accountable for their 66 violent crimes.  You must be a pretty smart guy to have done all you said in football. That's great. Don't screw it up by allowing your emotions to cloud that brain in your head.

Whar Roughrider is saying, if cant handle your people as an organization, then get rid of the organization. Also, dont take up for people that are guilty or may cause your league problems. CLEAN YOUR OWN HOUSE OR SOMEONE WILL FOR YOU!!!

Player 666, you need to get with roughrider, because you could save him a lot of typing if all he said is what you got out of it!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics