Liberty Hill vs. WO-S for State Title

Lt. Dan

I like the Mustangs chances this year if they can just get by Gilmer. I expect Liberty Hill to reach the state championship game again due to their stiffest challengers (China Spring & Abilene Wyle) going the 3A Div 1 route but the same can be said for WO-S with Navasota in Div 1 as well.

Liberty Hill can be beat this year. It took a minor miracle for them to beat a 4-6 Burnet team at home. Burnet took the lead 29-28 with 26 seconds remaining in the game. A Burnet failed onsides kick and a pass-interference penalty moved LH to the Burnet 27 yard-line. LH then threw a pass that was tipped by two Burnet defenders and right in to the hands of the LH WR with time running out.…..game over….LH wins.

LH runs the Slot-T offense and only passes if they HAVE to. Obviously they run it very well and will try to overpower you between the tackles or in this case between the TE's. I like the Mustangs chances due to them having to only focus on stopping the run & I have faith in Coach Thompson’s ability to slow-down/stop the run. Easier said than done but it helps when the other team does not pose a passing threat.

I’m getting a little ahead of myself here but I do see a Liberty Hill vs. WO-S final.

I saw LH play this year during the Hurricane vs. Brown oak.  Also a nail biter game that ended with a 56-49 win in overtime.  LH had a hard time stopping the passing game and it lead to a lot of points being scored by both teams because stopping Liberty Hill's running game looks to be almost impossible.  If they do meet up get ready for a track meet with a basketball score at the end of the game.  Good Luck WOS.  Hope I get to see this matchup.

Dan, this is your cuz... way to premature for this post. While I would LOVE for this to happen, we can't even think about it at this point. Cold Spring is VERY capable of providing us with an early exit. I'm telling you, they are not bad and have a great young coach. They will not go quietly.

The more that people get on here and project WOS playing in the state championship game, the better the chances of everyone that plays them in the early rounds.  Go ahead and overlook Coldspring.  Could be the shocker of the 3A playoffs this year!!!!    :o

Again those posting and looking past Coldspring aren't WOS people. Most of them anyway.

Guest tigersvoice

The more that people get on here and project WOS playing in the state championship game, the better the chances of everyone that plays them in the early rounds.  Go ahead and overlook Coldspring.  Could be the shocker of the 3A playoffs this year!!!!    :o

Again those posting and looking past Coldspring aren't WOS people. Most of them anyway.

Pigskin, it WOULD be the shocker of the year in Texas class 3-A.

Alot of folks have predicted WOS in a State Championship since the drop to 3A and we know how those predictions ended! ::) Get out of the region before you tout a state championship  ;D ;D ;D Last time WOS made it out of the region in 3A a beatdown occured  :'(

Alot of folks have predicted WOS in a State Championship since the drop to 3A and we know how those predictions ended! ::) Get out of the region before you tout a state championship  ;D ;D ;D Last time WOS made it out of the region in 3A a beatdown occured  :'(

Well at least u dont have the pressure of anyone predicting you to do anything other than get in the playoffs. Ive NEVER read or heard of you all being mistaken fo a championship caliber team.

Well at least u dont have the pressure of anyone predicting you to do anything other than get in the playoffs. Ive NEVER read or heard of you all being mistaken fo a championship caliber team.

Awe man, that wasn't very nice... LOL

Yes, but WOS lost to Wimberley, who won the state championship in their next game.

Well obviously you were not reading the message boards in 1972!!!! ahhh wait there were none :'(

Not compairing BH, the topic is about WOS going to STATE ??? which happens to be the same topic every year at this time  ;D ;D I know what the topic will be in 3 weeks ;D ;D

Just jerking some chains ! Good Luck to the Mustangs on their quest to be a 3A state Champ!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiaa