Congratulations To STJFL JUNIOR DIVISION THREE CHAMPIONS

Txdragon

I agree with you TD, Dragon, and 92.  We are all Mustangs, and that alone makes us all winners. LOL Let's keep things in perspective and stay focused on our ultimate goal (Both of us in the Super Bowl).  I personally think that white had the tougher schedule, but I also think that the blue team has been way more impressive on the offensive side of the ball.  Hats off to Coach Rod!!!!  Trust me I am not overlooking PNG White or any other team, just discussing the teams that I am more familiar with.  Although, I am very familiar with PNG white, as they are the only blemish on our record.  Kind of wanna rematch with them, it is always very competitive, and hopefully we will be at full strength next time.

I tell you what I am so proud of our coaches and really pleased with the way Coach Rod tries to distribute the ball. Both of mine play receiver and he has given them both chances and it is greatly appreciated.

I agree with you TD, Dragon, and 92.  We are all Mustangs, and that alone makes us all winners. LOL Let's keep things in perspective and stay focused on our ultimate goal (Both of us in the Super Bowl).  I personally think that white had the tougher schedule, but I also think that the blue team has been way more impressive on the offensive side of the ball.  Hats off to Coach Rod!!!!  Trust me I am not overlooking PNG White or any other team, just discussing the teams that I am more familiar with.  Although, I am very familiar with PNG white, as they are the only blemish on our record.  Kind of wanna rematch with them, it is always very competitive, and hopefully we will be at full strength next time.

Hello all! I just wanted to thank everyone for the accolades for me volunteering my time to help kids grow and develop. I hope everyone knows that I am at our practice field for each team there. At anytime, I will help if asked. Here's the whole deal in a nutshell from my perspective. I am coaching for this reason, and this reason only. To teach kids the way to play the game with character, sportsmanship and humility. I have great parents that raised me the right way. I figure it like this, I have a son that I love. I want him to know what it takes to get there. It will then be up to him to make it. I want to see all of our kids strive to be the best. I can put any play in I want, but ultimately... It's the kids that do it all. When they succeed, I am happy only for them. I love to see their faces when they do something positive. Coaching is more fun than you know, especially when they listen and do it the right way. Enough babbling, here's my point... Let's just let the KIDS play. Whoever wins, I will congratulate them. I am one of the biggest Mustang fans their is. Why, because I went through the program. It only matters when you play, it has nothing to do with this forum. Good luck to all of our Mustang teams! As far as the Mustang "Jr. Blue", we will see you on the field...and we will compete...and you will know you just played a football game. Again I say, "Thank you!" Looking forward to the NEXT game we play, signed.... Coach Rod

Oh yeah, thank you to my coaching staff, my team mother, and all of the parents who sacrifice their time, efforts and the supportive nature you give to all of our kids. Thanks for the comments, it means more than you know. And BigD, I appreciate it. You do a great job with those kids. Hats off to you!

Well, we expected to be good but we really did not know how good. We still have lots of room to improve. I am sure that I don't know a lot of the inside information. I root for anything WO-S and believe me if we could not win the championship I certainly hope that the white team does. You have great players and I respect your players, coaches, and yourself. I honestly don't think we are the team to beat, I still believe that role belongs to white or PNG as we have a lot of work to do. I don't know if we have played the same level of competition as you have. I don't have a clue as to the playoff brackets but i hope that it is a blue and white Super Bowl.

Hey Dragon, I do root for all of the Lil Mustangs.  I have family on the Blue Team, as well as some of my ex-players.  Their are a lot of things that went on before the season started that ya'll are not aware of.  Yes we did have a draft, and one of the kids I had was taken off my team against my will, because his dad supposedly wanted to coach for Blue.  Funny thing is, I haven't seen him out there in weeks.  This kid is very good, but I will not mention his name.  Let's just say he is a solid running back, defensive back, and his dad is a Mustang Legend.  But anyway we had some kids step up and replace him. For the record, we have about 7 players out of 21, who has never played before this year, including one kid who is quite possibly our best defensive player.  Ask anyone who knows me, if we don't make it to the Super Bowl and ya'll do, I will be one of ya'll biggest fans and supporters.  I think that ya'll coaching staff has done a good job in getting some late bloomers up to speed, and developing their skills, but let's not get carried away and act as if ya'll were terrible and had no chance and was not supposed to be as good as ya'll are.  Yes, I said it ya'll are very good.  In fact, I have said all along that ya'll were the team to beat.   

Yeah youre full of bull LOL about not being on the same level dragon we will have our hands full with yall. Ive came out to several games early just to watch yall play, that #1 is gonna be hard to contain but i think we can do it ( i think you know who im talking about on him) weve heard alot from the other teams yall have played also.

Right now weve got Lumberton white to worry about they are still doing that funky squatting down thing and i saw the peewee team doing i fake fumble play, I think we got yall scheduled someone has seen the brackets, i just wished that Orangefield orange would not have dropped out and we could of had a full season

Well, we expected to be good but we really did not know how good. We still have lots of room to improve. I am sure that I don't know a lot of the inside information. I root for anything WO-S and believe me if we could not win the championship I certainly hope that the white team does. You have great players and I respect your players, coaches, and yourself. I honestly don't think we are the team to beat, I still believe that role belongs to white or PNG as we have a lot of work to do. I don't know if we have played the same level of competition as you have. I don't have a clue as to the playoff brackets but i hope that it is a blue and white Super Bowl.

Hey Dragon, I do root for all of the Lil Mustangs.  I have family on the Blue Team, as well as some of my ex-players.  Their are a lot of things that went on before the season started that ya'll are not aware of.  Yes we did have a draft, and one of the kids I had was taken off my team against my will, because his dad supposedly wanted to coach for Blue.  Funny thing is, I haven't seen him out there in weeks.  This kid is very good, but I will not mention his name.  Let's just say he is a solid running back, defensive back, and his dad is a Mustang Legend.  But anyway we had some kids step up and replace him. For the record, we have about 7 players out of 21, who has never played before this year, including one kid who is quite possibly our best defensive player.  Ask anyone who knows me, if we don't make it to the Super Bowl and ya'll do, I will be one of ya'll biggest fans and supporters.  I think that ya'll coaching staff has done a good job in getting some late bloomers up to speed, and developing their skills, but let's not get carried away and act as if ya'll were terrible and had no chance and was not supposed to be as good as ya'll are.  Yes, I said it ya'll are very good.  In fact, I have said all along that ya'll were the team to beat.   

Yeah youre full of bull LOL about not being on the same level dragon we will have our hands full with yall. Ive came out to several games early just to watch yall play, that #1 is gonna be hard to contain but i think we can do it ( i think you know who im talking about on him) weve heard alot from the other teams yall have played also.

Right now weve got Lumberton white to worry about they are still doing that funky squatting down thing and i saw the peewee team doing i fake fumble play, I think we got yall scheduled someone has seen the brackets, i just wished that Orangefield orange would not have dropped out and we could of had a full season

NewIndian,  You seem to have a good connection with the league info.  Do you happen to know if the playoffs are set, or is there still "IF" games out there?  I'm interested in the Junior Div. if you know it.  Thanks

[/quote

More than likely youll get that chance and from what ive heard yall are already at full strength

NewIndian,  You seem to have a good connection with the league info.  Do you happen to know if the playoffs are set, or is there still "IF" games out there?  I'm interested in the Junior Div. if you know it.  Thanks

As far as  i know there are still some if games out there but as far as the first reps from each division go look at the record on the STJFL website but the other reps are still to be decided

• 2 weeks later...

According to my calculations, congratulations to the STJFL Junior Division Three Champions:

West Orange-Stark Junior Blue Mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!

Although, we have not quite clinched the title outright (we can this weekend with a win or Orangefield loss), we have the tiebreaker in the form of a victory over Orangefield (the only team that can tie us). Pretty good for a team with 12 players with no previous football experience. Proud of you guys and keep working hard, the goal is not yet achieved. Great job coaches!

Well txdragon one important rule allways take things week by week maybe you need to change this subject from WOS Blue to kountze division three champions and WOS runner up.. Well i guess you already know the out come of your game vs BC or maybe you dont .... ;D :P :P :-* :-* :-* :-*

According to my calculations, congratulations to the STJFL Junior Division Three Champions:

Although, we have not quite clinched the title outright (we can this weekend with a win or Orangefield loss), we have the tiebreaker in the form of a victory over Orangefield (the only team that can tie us). Pretty good for a team with 12 players with no previous football experience. Proud of you guys and keep working hard, the goal is not yet achieved. Great job coaches!

Well txdragon one important rule allways take things week by week maybe you need to change this subject from WOS Blue to kountze division three champions and WOS runner up.. Well i guess you already know the out come of your game vs BC or maybe you dont .... ;D :P :P :-* :-* :-* :-*

i know what the outcome will be: there will be  a winner (hopefully us) and there will be a non winner (notice I did not say loser because there is no losers in this sport -- all of the teams are GREAT).  BTW: We did not play Kountze -- we played the refs and the refs won. 

I consider your post to be a smart aleck one and I have had about enough of those kinds.  If you did not mean it to be that way, then I apologize for jumping to conclusions. >:(

you got that right, our information was wrong as KOUNTZE IS the division three champions. I still don't see how rules can be applied to one level with two divisions and another with three. I know that high school has district games and the non-district games don't count, still don't think it is right. I congratulate Kountze as they ARE the Champs. I just don't think it is right as this level but maybe I am just a misformed first year guy. Had I known the facts I would have never posted what I did. Believe me the WHOLE team is upset like a wild pack of hornets. The Kountze kids came out and outplayed us and deserved the win. Either we will come out and lay down for Bridge City or I would hate to play us. We will see what happens. For the record when i posted I honestly believed that we were champs.  If you have a problem with me I would be more than happy to meet you somewhere and discuss it. Geez, get a life lol. IF you beat us I will congratulate you and if we win I will stay say good job to you. I am not like some on here. We will be prepared.

you got that right, our information was wrong as KOUNTZE IS the division three champions. I still don't see how rules can be applied to one level with two divisions and another with three. I know that high school has district games and the non-district games don't count, still don't think it is right. I congratulate Kountze as they ARE the Champs. I just don't think it is right as this level but maybe I am just a misformed first year guy. Had I known the facts I would have never posted what I did. Believe me the WHOLE team is upset like a wild pack of hornets. The Kountze kids came out and outplayed us and deserved the win. Either we will come out and lay down for Bridge City or I would hate to play us. We will see what happens. For the record when i posted I honestly believed that we were champs.  If you have a problem with me I would be more than happy to meet you somewhere and discuss it. Geez, get a life lol. IF you beat us I will congratulate you and if we win I will stay say good job to you. I am not like some on here. We will be prepared.

Well just had to stir the pot a little iam also a WOS Grad in 98 but i coach in BC now and it should not be hard to figure out who i am so come see me sat and i think the way the seeding and wildcard is not right. For instance we were 3 and 1 in division play vidor black was 1 and 3 before last Saturday and we beat them in division play, but there non conference games they had won so there overall record was one win better than ours.. So all and all we had to win sat which we did to make playoffs i think all of this should be reconsidered during off season because it would have not been right if we would have lost to have a better division record than some one and we would go home..Any way i have nuttin but love for WOS once a mustang allways a stang except my sons team good luck sat its gonna be a little chilly.... ;D ;D ;D

You got that right for sure, I am a little concerned how the cold is gonna affect the kids. I know last week against Kountze we basically could not pass because of the wind. We tend to run a wide open offense so that really hurt us. Overall we just did not play well and ran into a team that is an excellant team and made matters worse. I know that they will surprise some people in the other bracket for sure. I have the utmost respect for BC kids and coaches and have rooted for ya'll in other games. Wished I could this one also but I can't lol. I know your coaches had to do a tremendous job after what your team has been through and holding everything together. It is tremendous tribute to your coaches, kids, and parents that your here.

Well just had to stir the pot a little iam also a WOS Grad in 98 but i coach in BC now and it should not be hard to figure out who i am so come see me sat and i think the way the seeding and wildcard is not right. For instance we were 3 and 1 in division play vidor black was 1 and 3 before last Saturday and we beat them in division play, but there non conference games they had won so there overall record was one win better than ours.. So all and all we had to win sat which we did to make playoffs i think all of this should be reconsidered during off season because it would have not been right if we would have lost to have a better division record than some one and we would go home..Any way i have nuttin but love for WOS once a mustang allways a stang except my sons team good luck sat its gonna be a little chilly.... ;D ;D ;D

Dragon i know what ya mean, we ahd problems with the cold too it took us the entire first quarter to get in synch and get warmed up we didnt score until the end of the first and then went on a scoring spree... DL likes to get up on the other teams early and then play hard core "D" and make em catch up.

I think this game with Lumb will be a good one since they already know how we play, but they will get a surprise esp if they stay with that squat down thing they do, i dont know if Lumb blue does this also(if we play them)

BTW wanna share secrets with me on Kountze?

I don't know if I can help with Kountze or not, we didn't tackle at all. They have an outstanding running back with speed, power, and attacks the defender. He even facemasked one of our defenders on a big run (thought the refs did not see it). They prefered the edge on us, though perhaps because we did not have some kids that came to play on one side. Not sure we really tested their defense because of the wind we could not throw the ball and our main offensive weapon did not hardly play the second half. That being said they are above average size, above average speed overall, and I think one of the better coached teams that we have seen. It would be an excellant test for you for sure or any team in the league I believe. I hate the quat down offense by the way, I just don't think it teaches the kids anything for the upper level.

Dragon i know what ya mean, we ahd problems with the cold too it took us the entire first quarter to get in synch and get warmed up we didnt score until the end of the first and then went on a scoring spree... DL likes to get up on the other teams early and then play hard core "D" and make em catch up.

I think this game with Lumb will be a good one since they already know how we play, but they will get a surprise esp if they stay with that squat down thing they do, i dont know if Lumb blue does this also(if we play them)

According to my husband, and I'm not sure what he was meaning,but he said "the center was being covered" and you can't do that.  Again, I'm unsure what he meant by that but you may understand that.  He (and others) were saying that Kountze was playing "dirty ball" all game.  Keep that in mind okay?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder