Rumor

well yea...look what he's done with this program up here. He has completely turned it around. We went from NEVER winning..to making the playoffs for the last several years now. He is a GREAT coach and is VERY valuable! I hope Kville can hold onto him!!! I may just have to do some investigating myself...I have my own resources..if you know what I mean..LOL See what I can find out!

Ok..well from what I've heard, he's been talking but to several schools..not sure to who though. Could be to PNG..who knows. There are no ties to Kville. His kids are all out of school, so its a possibility that he would leave after this year if the price is right. Sad to see him go though. However, if he left..then maybe Bryan Barbay would come back... ;D ;D ;D ;D then that would be a good trade off. Miss the Barbays!!! Now thats a GREAT coach!!!

Guest 87CRU79

I just don't see Alvarez (I do think he is a good coach) being a good fit at PNG.

With that being said, I do the think that Tribe needs new blood. A younger guy, who can get the kids excited to play and bring an energy to the offense. That offense is so dull

I just found out something about this topic that is very official..."written in stone", is exactly what I was told.  However, I can not let the cat out of the bag as this could lead to problems for some people.....my mouth is closed......until Saturday.

I have not heard anything that "Concrete" (Pun intended), I have heard That there is a short list that is being circulated through board members and that that "list" still includes MB.  I could not see them making a decision that quick unless they got Alverez locked up already.  Should be very interesting this off-season in Port Neches-Groves!

I just found out something about this topic that is very official..."written in stone", is exactly what I was told.  However, I can not let the cat out of the bag as this could lead to problems for some people.....my mouth is closed......until Saturday.

This is starting to remind me of the deal with Neumann/Lamarque last year... ::).  The major difference is, We wanted to KEEP our coach... ;)

What some need to remember is that the PNG job is the Coordinator job and not the Athletic Director position.  Although some would head to the job in a heartbeat others do have it pretty nice where they are now....The suburb coaches in Houston/Dallas make the money becuase of their AD title (with masters in hand)....The PNG position lacks this and will lack the pay compared to others....Many names will come about, but do expect a younger breed to be housed on the Reservation....We all have our favorites...As do I....

this is gonna get crazy.i heard from someone thats swears he heard credeur from lumberton was who the pngisd board was going after.i personally expect burnett to be back with a new off coord in tow.

I am sure they want him too, but no incentive to go there unless they pay him high, high, dollar.  Not saying he wouldnt take it, just a lateral move.  Alverez on the other hand is a Big Step up for him.

this is gonna get crazy.i heard from someone thats swears he heard credeur from lumberton was who the pngisd board was going after.i personally expect burnett to be back with a new off coord in tow.

I am sure they want him too, but no incentive to go there unless they pay him high, high, dollar.  Not saying he wouldnt take it, just a lateral move.  Alverez on the other hand is a Big Step up for him.

lateral move....BWAHAHAHAAHA, seriously.

and coonass: Matt Burnett is the Athletic Director & HC at PNG. If hes gone the position isnt just a coordinator spot but for the Head Coaching position at PNG....but like I stated earlier Ill believe hes gone when I see it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder