20-4a offensive and defensive MVPS

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

canidates in my opinion are.

Offense. Jacob Hanna (I would say probably should be the front runner for MVP) He rarely sits during a game. Hes excellent on both sides of the ball.

Bellows QB Nederland

Harris QB Livingston another guy who should be up for MVP

QB from Central

Defense. Beard LB Lumberton has had the number 1 defense in the district this year and he is the main reason why. its ashame he got hurt but he should have a good recovery and be back strong next year.

Central should have someone up for it because their defense has been very good this year but I just dont know enough about their team.

regardless what happens this is just a discussion thread. Nederland I think could have 2 guys up for Offensive MVP and one up for MVP.

Bellows could be up for both and Grogan could be up for Offensive. I could see Bellows getting ethier but the reason I would say Hanna should be the favorite for MVP is because he sits out anywhere from 3 to 10 plays a game. thats it. hes the leading rusher in the district and Lumberton doesnt throw the ball so people stack the box. Defensively he has around 8 to 10 sacks and around 15-20 TFLs

Harris for Livingston is in the same boat so I would put those 2 guys ahead of Bellows and Grogan. plus regardless what happens at Lumberton you are playing them without Beard so it taints whatever happens there alittle.

Grogan doesnt play defense and has a good passing game to keep defenses from focusing on him. Bellows has the same comfort zone with teams not sitting in nickel and dime coverages the whole game to stop the passing game. just my thoughts though

Guest Brubaker

vidor pirate, let it go bud, you got beat by a better team... period.  But you do win the award for the loudest whining and if that got you any points, look out.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Don't these awards usually go to Seniors only? The MVP and Offensive & Defensive MVP?

Does anyone know how many int's Harris has? I know he had 2 picks against Lumberton.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

No, these are what they say, MVP's, as in players, not MVS' as in seniors.

I understand what you're saying, but from what I've seen the players selected have always been Seniors for the most part. I was just curious if that was one of the criteria. I think it should include underclassman also...just curious.

Dustin Harris is the best player I have seen in 20-4a.  Only saw him play against Nederland, but he dominated offense, defense, and special teams in that game.  Without him there is no way that Livingston is tied for the lead in district with 1 game left.

MVP -      Harris

Offense - Grogan

Defense - Beard

Dustin Harris is the best player I have seen in 20-4a.  Only saw him play against Nederland, but he dominated offense, defense, and special teams in that game.  Without him there is no way that Livingston is tied for the lead in district with 1 game left.

MVP -      Harris

Offense - Grogan

Defense - Beard

Hanna has the vote over Harris. Harris is a great athlete but Hanna is leading the district in rushing, and he does not come out one play on defense. They other teams don't even run the ball to his side. Like wtb said he has around 8 to 10 sacks and around 15-20 TFLs, while he plays every down on offense. On top of special teams, has over a 40 yard punting avg, and has the leg to put the ball in the end zone on kickoffs. I don't think you can list on player that does what he does. He is over looked by way to many people the SETX. I bet if you ask any coach, they surely know who he is. He is defiantly the best football player in 20 4a hands down.

Grogan seems the obvious offensive MVP. A guy that was not a running back comes off of the defense and off of the bench after the #1 running back gets hurt and leads the district. Without him, Nederland's offense does not click. The fact that Nederland has a serious running threat has opened up the entire offense. Nederland is the #1 offense in the district and without Grogan, they drop down to the middle of the pack. If MVP actual does mean the most "valuable" player, it is Grogan.

Tackles doesnt mean your the best Defensive player.

Hanna has a much better case for MVP and Offensive MVP than anyone else. he unlike Grogan plays every down of defense in the trenches rushing the passer as a DE. Rushing the passer is the most tiring thing to do in football. He also is the leading rusher in 20-4A and is a better running back. he does all his work without a passing game. if you watch Lumberton games you see 8 and 9 man fronts. Grogan sees 5 and 6 man fronts. Plus hes the 2nd best player on the #1 defense in the district. Hanna also has 8 catches for 97 yards

Harris stats are 17 of 45 passing 294 yards 3 TDs  8 INTS

rushing 40 for 237  5.93 ypc 4TDs

Defense 7 pics

he might have a better case for defensive MVP but hes the 4th leading rusher on his own Team. his team doesnt lean on him like Lumberton leans on Hanna or Nederland leans on Bellows. Grogan isnt the same back without Bellow as his QB ethier

Harris/Bellow is Offensive MVP

Beard is Defensive MVP

Att: Rushing attempts Yds: Rushing yards

Yds/Att: Rushing yards per attempt TD: Rushing touchdowns

Name Team Att Yds Yds/Att TD

Jacob Hanna Lumberton 128 901 7.04 13

Wareall Grogan Nederland 102 746 7.31 11

Theron Reynolds Vidor 93 637 6.85 4

Joshua Wright Port Neches-Groves 105 637 6.07 8

James White Beaumont Ozen 123 618 5.02 3

Caleb Harmon Port Neches-Groves 95 579 6.09

I dont see isadore as a Defensive MVP canidate because Ozen has given up