Lonestar Playoffs/ Who Still In & Who Got knocked out

Piratesdad4410,

You sure talked a lot of trash about Buna, talking about Deweyville taking Buna by 14, but when the game  ended you had to eat those words. Do you spend all your time trashing Buna? We are not whining just trying to take up for HJ because we didn't think they should have been seeded #4, Hawks played a great game and deserved to win hands down. Hope HJ will be the next Superbowl Champs! Our boys still have the Eastern District Champs title that we are very proud of!!!!

This is an overflowing wagon of horse manure if I've ever smelled one.  So now all this whining was just "taking up for poor ol' HJ" because they were seeded 4th??? LOL  Go back and read all your previous posts and boneheads' posts too.  Good grief.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have a golf cart, to plant my tired, old butt.  I used to have a golf cart, you’re fired – err, what?!?  I love you golf cart, you did so much for me.  Carried me to the concession stand, bathroom, for free.  We shared so much in so short a time, I miss you it’s plain to tell.  All I have now is a folding chair,  it’s just not the same – oh, well.  I used to have a golf cart.

I used to have a golf cart, to plant my tired, old butt.  I used to have a golf cart, you’re fired – err, what?!?  I love you golf cart, you did so much for me.  Carried me to the concession stand, bathroom, for free.  We shared so much in so short a time, I miss you it’s plain to tell.  All I have now is a folding chair,  it’s just not the same – oh, well.  I used to have a golf cart.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D that's funny!!!

hey 4life, remember when we were all coaching? you, me, muck, big charlie, the capt. we all used to take turns beating each others butt! boy did we have some wars!! I can remember wanting to beat your team so bad I could taste it, but when we lost it was OK. when we finely did beat you guys, after the game you beat me across the field to shake hands with a smile. that's what youth football is all about.

hey why don't you make a come back next year? youth football could use a good man like you.

I hear another old timer might be getting the itch (not me). I want say Any names, I will let him decide first, and make the announcement himself.

[glow=red,2,300][/glow] ;D ;D ;D just wanted to say great job to all who is playing this coming weekend.to those who's season is over hope y'all had as much fun this season as me and my son did. we took a lot of lumps and and hard hits this season but all and all we really are looking forward to next season.i have had the pleasure of being associated with VJFA and Lonestar now for 4 years and we always come back for more.If perfect is what is being looked for in an association then we as coach's and parents need to step to the plate and help the lonestar board make it better. by all means be competitive but remember the roll you have taken and don't cast stones at those who have stepped up for your kid's and mine.thanks Lonestar and VJFA for another great season. By the way our homecomeing float Rocked!!!!!!!!!!

[glow=red,2,300][/glow] ;D ;D ;D just wanted to say great job to all who is playing this coming weekend.to those who's season is over hope y'all had as much fun this season as me and my son did. we took a lot of lumps and and hard hits this season but all and all we really are looking forward to next season.i have had the pleasure of being associated with VJFA and Lonestar now for 4 years and we always come back for more.If perfect is what is being looked for in an association then we as coach's and parents need to step to the plate and help the lonestar board make it better. by all means be competitive but remember the roll you have taken and don't cast stones at those who have stepped up for your kid's and mine.thanks Lonestar and VJFA for another great season. By the way our homecomeing float Rocked!!!!!!!!!!

Your float did rock, I was at homecoming and it really looked good next to Paul's trailer.

sorry I couldn't help it!

But it really did Rock!

yeah whoever designed it  must be the man....lol.....too bad the Vidorian is under hostile control or they might have gotten the article and pictures right about the parade

SeniorHawk,

Yes, your boys played a good game and defeated the young men from Buna. That is a fact, we all seen that. I have to say that yes your coaches did an excellent job as well. I was simply stating that I didn't think that you guys should have been the fourth place seed. I simply feel as though we were the only un-defeated team and should have played the true forth seed team. This would have made the matchup between HJ and Buna this weekend. There is no question whether our teams could have beat the other two teams that were seeded second and third. I just wanted to know who was involved in the seeding of the teams. TO MAKE IT VERY CLEAR WHO PUT HARDIN JEFFERSON IN THE FOURTH PLACE SEED AND HOW WAS THIS ALLOWED? I THINK BONECRUSHER HAS THE SAME QUESTIONS I HAVE.

What makes you think Buna would have beat Silsbee or EC? We scouted the jr. buna team  and were not that impressed.  By the way you were not the only un-defeated team, we are still undefeated.The east conference just happened to be weak this year. the first time you had to play someone from the west look what happend!!

What makes you think Buna would have beat Silsbee or EC? We scouted the jr. buna team  and were not that impressed.  By the way you were not the only un-defeated team, we are still undefeated.The east conference just happened to be weak this year. the first time you had to play someone from the west look what happend!!

Opinions are like a$$holes everyone has one , unfortunately some are larger than others! You may have scouted the Buna Jr. team and may not have been impressed but we didn't play so I guess we will never know how it would have come out. NEVER have I come on here and trashed the kids, coaches maybe but not the kids that just shows  what a jerk you are, these kids work hard all year long and do their very best to have someone like you come on here and run them down so GROW UP! As for the Eastern conference I thought had tough teams, great kids with great sportsmanship toward each other. So I don't know about everyone else on here but I am standing up for my team and could care less what u think!

We would like to congratulate the Hardin-Jefferson Jr. Hawks on a game well played.  Those boys came to play and their victory was well deserved.  Everyone on both teams was very respectful of each other before, during, and after the game.  We appreciate that as it's not always the case.  As adults, we are here for our children.  That is probably the reason we get so defensive on this website.  So Jr.Horn before you mouth off, you really need to check your facts.  We were the ONLY undefeated team in the EASTERN division.  We DID deserve that or you wouldn't have felt the need to scout us in the first place.  You DO have an “unofficial†loss for this season as we outscored you (in the jamboree) by a number of touchdowns if I recall correctly, and I DO.  I take it very personally when you say you were “unimpressed†(one word by the way) with the team.  My kid is part of that team, and it seems like you are trash talking the kids.  I am the parent of #44 on the Jr. Tackle team.  He had an outstanding year and was NOT weak in any sense of the word.  He went out with a good attitude and did his best in every game as did all of the kids on our team.  It's personal when you talk about my kid.  If you'd like to talk about him, call Keith at 289-1004.  You won't have the big audience you have here, but you will have the source.  I can give you any and all the information regarding him.  Our experiences with Lonestar over the past four years have been positive for the most part.  There are problems with every organization.  If you have a problem/complaint, then go to the source.  If you have a problem with something that you have read from one specific person, then perhaps you should address that person only and not "Buna".  "Buna" refers to lots of good people. The same goes for every other town.  You all are part of this organization.  Some of you are the leadership of this organization.  Why would you want to have all of this negativity?  That isn’t showing good leadership skills or giving Lonestar a good name.  Let’s get back to the game of football for the kids.

Jr. horns I do believe you have just been put in your place!! I too find your post very insulting to all the players and coaches that make up the Eastern Division. All the players that make up this division played their hearts out and fought just like any other youth football team would - from the east, west, or wherever. These boys are only 8-10 years of age and to hear a comment like yours is simply pathetic and shows you are no real man at all. In fact I think Hollybgood is more of a man than you are! So before you open your mouth again on this post or any other post I would have a little bit more integrity.

We would like to congratulate the Hardin-Jefferson Jr. Hawks on a game well played.  Those boys came to play and their victory was well deserved.  Everyone on both teams was very respectful of each other before, during, and after the game.  We appreciate that as it's not always the case.  As adults, we are here for our children.  That is probably the reason we get so defensive on this website.  So Jr.Horn before you mouth off, you really need to check your facts.  We were the ONLY undefeated team in the EASTERN division.  We DID deserve that or you wouldn't have felt the need to scout us in the first place.  You DO have an “unofficial†loss for this season as we outscored you (in the jamboree) by a number of touchdowns if I recall correctly, and I DO.  I take it very personally when you say you were “unimpressed†(one word by the way) with the team.  My kid is part of that team, and it seems like you are trash talking the kids.  I am the parent of #44 on the Jr. Tackle team.  He had an outstanding year and was NOT weak in any sense of the word.  He went out with a good attitude and did his best in every game as did all of the kids on our team.   It's personal when you talk about my kid.  If you'd like to talk about him, call Keith at 289-1004.  You won't have the big audience you have here, but you will have the source.  I can give you any and all the information regarding him.  Our experiences with Lonestar over the past four years have been positive for the most part.  There are problems with every organization.  If you have a problem/complaint, then go to the source.  If you have a problem with something that you have read from one specific person, then perhaps you should address that person only and not "Buna".  "Buna" refers to lots of good people. The same goes for every other town.  You all are part of this organization.  Some of you are the leadership of this organization.  Why would you want to have all of this negativity?  That isn’t showing good leadership skills or giving Lonestar a good name.  Let’s get back to the game of football for the kids.

;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :o :o :o :o

Its amazing how the Buna fans can see how everyone else is insulting them AND their kids but cannot see the very same insults shelled out by themselves against others in this league.

So, without further ado:

I think the Buna boys got rooked on their game and should have played Silsbee or whoever the true fourth seed team should have been.

That was from Holly. In her long years of experience she has just placed the kids in Silsbee in fourth place or "wherever" they should have been instead of their rightful place according to the rules of this league. The kids from Silsbee played very hard to achieve their record and, by the laws we all play by, were EXACTLY WHERE THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN. But thanks Holly, thanks for the sensitivity for the kids from Silsbee. Those are MY kids.

From my understanding was that allll tie breakers were to be done by U.I.L. regulations with a representative from each league involved-obviously this did not take place. They picked who they wanted each team to play. I will state the truth one more time to make things clear----THEY PICKED WHO THEY WANTED EACH TEAM TO PLAY!!!!

This was a post from a person going by the name of Bonecrusher. Its not hard to guess who this may have been but it seems to be obviously a statement that Buna was cheated. This absurdity was posted here for everyone to see without ever actually checking to see if the Associations involved were part of the process. The truth is that a rep from each league WAS involved. The "THEY" that Bonehead speaks of is the Lonestar Board. So, Buna thinks that the LJF Board is cheating their kids and coaches and entire town. But, Bonecrusher isn't alone:

I'll agree to that BONECRUSHER, maybe all the other coaches in the playoffs were intimidated by the cougars undefeated season so felt the need to seed each team where they wanted
Yes, sportsfans, its Holly again riding to the rescue of Buna by talking trash about things she knows nothing about. In fact if anyone is not impressed with that undefeated record (like jr horns) then she feels that they are insulting the Buna kids. If someone feels that the eastern division is weaker than the western (like jr horns) then it is a direct insult to the kids in Buna and certain kids from Buna in particular. This is getting way over the top. But let us continue:

There is no question whether our teams could have beat the other two teams that were seeded second and third.

What?? Are you not impressed with Silsbee or EC??? Is this a total dismissal of the hard work of the kids and parents of Silsbee and EC?? Is this an insult to these young men on these two teams from the western district to state that they are OBVIOUSLY inferior to the Buna kids and would have had no chance to prevail against the undefeated record??? Should I and the people of Silsbee and EC feel that you just insulted their children and call you out??? If someone says it about Buna then it seems that it would have been an insult but if Buna says it about others then it isn't. Holly isn't impressed with Silsbee or EC and jr horns isn't impressed with Buna. However, only the Buna fans feel that this points to an insult of their sons, daughters and their way of life. It seems to be a personal persecution issue:

BUT when you work all season long to go undefeated, win district then you deserve an easier opponent.

and

I simply feel as though we were the only un-defeated team and should have played the true forth seed team.

An undefeated season, not including the Jamboree, gets you nothing more than a chance to play more teams and that is exactly what they got. It doesn't get you an "easy" opponent, it doesn't get you an "intimidation factor" that makes Founders of two football leagues and numerous associations within those leagues so terrified of your 8, 9 and 10 year olds that they will actually cheat those kids to keep them from winning. An undefeated season, which is not that big of a rarity in kid's football, does not give you the ability to say things about other teams and associations and their ability and then get profane when someone does it to yours. If you can't take it, don't dish it. Saying that there was little doubt that your team could beat  other teams is no different than another saying that they weren't that impressed (intimidated, worried or fearful) with yours. Only the Buna fans took that as an insult to their kids and one even considered it an insult to his son in particular and called out the poster to discuss it personally. Saying that you are not impressed with a team's ability to compete with yours is NOT an insult to your son or to anyone's son. Of the eight teams placed in the Jr playoffs only Buna believes they were cheated and have the gall to state it in front of everyone. Of all of the posters on here only the Buna fans have accused the Board of cheating (bonecrusher and holly), called another poster an

a$$holes
or idiot (holly) and only Buna has asked a poster to call and discuss his post personally since he feels his son was personally attacked by another poster saying he wasn't that impressed with the Jr Cougars. (cougardad).

I've read on this forum how some teams could do things and not get looked at but if Buna did it then it would be investigated. Now, this garbage about how the people who founded an organization for kids are actually cheating those same kids. If the Buna posters feel they have been cheated by the Board or that they are being plotted against by the other teams and associations of this league or that their children are being insulted by someone not being impressed with their "undefeated" record then I can see only one option for Buna. You have my personal invitation to join the other league that we founded and see if they will cheat you and insult your kids like this league has. Or you could show up and volunteer year round for this league as each of us cheaters do. We all have other jobs and responsibilities and we aren't paid for any of this and listening to cretins such as yourselves trash what everyone else seems to be fairly happy with is enough to make a buzzard wretch. Get this straight, no one has cheated Buna and no one meant any insult to the kids of Buna by making any predictions or personal impressions. But I will say this, the Board and the other associations of this league are owed an apology by Holly and Bonecrusher for their accusations of conspiracy to cheat a bunch of kids. Their indignance over what they consider an insult fall on incredulous ears after making such ridiculous accusations themselves.

I leave you with the words of cougardad:

Some of you are the leadership of this organization.  Why would you want to have all of this negativity?  That isn’t showing good leadership skills or giving Lonestar a good name.

We don't want all of this negativity but accusations shouted from the crowd grow unless slapped down. Perhaps the posters from Buna should have thought of that before they accused Lonestar of cheating and then feigning indignity, insult and anger over not being impressive to somebody from HF. Leadership skills are shown by results and we are the fastest growing league in this part of Texas. The people being accused built two leagues and multiple associations from scratch and we aren't terribly concerned with our failures of leadership in the eyes of people that are delusional enough to feel we are cheating them. We still do things today as we did when we built this thing that is now being falsely accused and slandered by posters from Buna. Perhaps the people of Buna need to show some leadership with their own people and muzzle them before they make enough accusations to cause truly hard feelings.

I made a comment in response to Jr horns and took what he said personal and my child does not play from Buna. I find it amusing that you assume that because I did post that comment I get thrown into the "Buna Fan" category. Other associations can come on here and post their opinions and take up for their players too. But I guess I better not put what association I am from because it will be plastered all over this forum with insults. I am not sure if I am reading post from the kids or from Adults! And I agree that the all of this is no showing good Leadership roles of this League and are giving Lonestar a bad name but everyone that is pointing fingers at Buna needs to take a step back and also point them at themselves too. I dont care how many leagues people helped form or if you are a founding father or if you dont get paid because it is for the KIDS people for the kids---no one is getting paid because we are volunteering our time for these kids!!!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw