Early predictions?? 21-3a

hf#2

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, first off to browncow, dont know why you made it that big and why that big of a deal. I've been around this group of kids for a long time and they've all played together since little league(granted so have many of the other kids at other schools) and they were brought into HS baseball with an outstanding coach in Landry w/ Lindstrom in the mix too.  Being together for the past 3 years this team is all returners minus Courville. And there's a lot of speed and pop on this team. They have the experience and a definate drive this year, after falling short last year. Team has a lot of heart. Definately can't be overlooked in the playoff chase this year. I have high hopes for this team and could possibly challenge the 04 team for one of the better teams in school history.

Landry is in BC now and knowing his work ethic and love for the game they will be competitive and have a great year like always, they just seem to find ways to win, and yes Hick's is a definate star in the district, but as said before, he isnt the whole team, it takes 9 to win a game. BC will be the team to beat this year and always have a target on there head.

WOS is looking like they could be a wildcard this year, not expected, but could definately make the jump this year with their talent. I'm thinking if they can get rolling before district and come in with a bit of confidence it's a definate possibility.

HJ always competes, I've never seen a team that puts up a fight like they do.  Great coaching year in and year out.  They never seem to be out of the chase and find ways to get it done, my prediction is a 3rd place finish and sneaking into the playoffs this year. As much as I may have a grudge against them, I tip my hat to a good team.

As far as OF, not too sure, haven't heard too much from them.  If I were to go off my playing days, you can't ever count them out when it comes to the final stretch of the season, if they are any where near finishing in the top 3, seems like things could possibly fall there way.

Silsbee, although last in my assesment, cant be completely overlooked.  A young team overall, may not have the experience as the other teams, but could surprise. Not my wildcard pick this year, but who knows.  I like the returners in Skinner and Kelly, I think they will be great leaders for this up and coming young team.  Kelly up the middle, whether at SS or 2nd will make the plays, good looking fielder with steady bat. Skinner has been solid and looks to finish out a great HS career, I'm expecting a better than par season from him, both on the mound and at the plate. Hopefully they can step up and lead this young team to a decent year and put them in the right direction for the next two years with the group of sophmores they have.

Final Standings:

BC - always tough and lookin to make a run behind Hicks.

HF - has the speed and ability at the plate and an outfield trio that can compete with the best

HJ - Fights til the end

WOS - i think they can finish strong and beat out OF for the 4th spot but just missing the playoffs behind HJ

OF - Tough year but expect more next year

Silsbee - just not enough this year but young enough to look ahead and expect big things.

i agree with HFalum but with OF taking HJ spot

OF over HJ? i could see it happening, i wouldnt be surprised to see some flip flopping in those three spots(3,4,5). at least we all agree that it will be an exciting season in 21-3A...

quick thanks to southpaw and bbtbaseball...

Early predictions for this district?? It's going to be wild....Here's my take on the situation, in no particular order....

BC-Hicks is back and he's the most dominant pitcher in the district, after that they will be young on the hill; but Coach Landry will make an already talented baseball team that much better, until someone knocks them off they are the team to beat.

HF-Lot's of returners, with experience on the mound...their X factor is now coaching in BC, so we'll see how this group of kids responds to the new coach; will challenge for one of the three playoff spots.

OF-May have the most returners in the district (don't know exact #'s), finally will be playing with one of the older and more experienced teams in the district rather than the youngest, may have the best catcher in the district and a top 3 pitcher, Coach Bennett is scrappy and he will have his team ready to play; they will challenge for one of the three playoff spots.

WOS-Will be much improved over the last few years.  They are getting back to WOS baseball; Coach Rojas will have his group ready to play each night and they will upset the apple cart in some games, if they do it enough they will challenge for a playoff spot.

HJ-Lost their top 3 pitchers and a bunch of offense, however the cupboard will not be bare and Coach Kirkland will have his team ready to play.  They have made the playoffs the last 2 years and look to continue that streak.

Silsbee-Like HJ, lost their top 2 pitchers; their X factor could be Skinner who when he's on, is good.  Coach Trawhon graduated a bunch of kids last year, but he will have a young team that will take on his mentallity and they will scrap for everything they get.  They have missed the playoffs by 1 game the last 2 years, and they would like to have a change of luck and the young kids will try to do just that.

Bottom Line is it's a 10 game district schedule and anything can happen.  5 teams will compete for 2 playoff spots...So, in the words of a famous and controversial WR for the Cowboys...."GET YOUR POPCORN READY"...It's time for some baseball

I was looking through this thread and I found this from earlier in the discussion.  This "summary" hits all nails right on the head.  Each one of these teams has the potential and possibility of making a run at the post-season, although I have my favorite ;D.  The sad thing is this district is so tight that a team could go 0-10 with 8 or 9 one run losses and have nothing to show for it.  Each one of the coaches in the district is hard-nosed and will have their respective teams ready to play each night, it will just be a matter of who gets hot at the right time.  I'm ready for some baseball and will keep my fingers crossed for my beloved Bobcats 8)  Good Luck to all teams this year.

wll hj is lookin pretty good for this season... they have a very solid lineup with every hitter at about the same skill at the plate.. not too much power but theres enough to cause some excitement more often than not... pitching will be the only weakness but the rotation is starting to come together better than i thoughttt...

Any thing can happen is a District race.  A dropped ball in the outfield with bases loaded etc: and there goes the District Championship...LOL

I will say this-- BC has good post season depth at pitching and a swift team; coupled with a great backup bench, as injuries occur.  They should be real tough when they hit the bracket play.

It will be a lot of good baseball for the fans of their respective teams.

OF amazes me they have worked real hard to be a really competitive squad. If the injury bug does not weaken them they compete with anyone.

Orangefield, if they can cut out all the errors that have plagued them and find one more reliable arm i can see them making to the playoffs. Their going to have to upset some people to get there. Look out for Felts behind the plate he will shut the running game down ( one of the best junior catchers in the nation ) and Statum at the plate if he gets on go ahead and put a run on the scoreboard. Both these guys where also the main pitchers last year. They will need some help on the mound.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder