Early predictions?? 21-3a

hf#2

bridge city  may think they got this in the bag because there little super star hicks is back.. but he cant pitch every game can he...so who is backing him up thats a dominate pitcher??? so there in just as much of a fight as any other team in the disrtict.

Well every game he pitches there probly gonna Win, just stating some facts and there are plenty of pitchers, Do you even know Bridge City??? There is a thing every year a guy that has never piched in his life but he arises and becomes a excelent pitcher... And last year it was Jaden Dylan..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont care how many pitchers they have that havent pitched before...all i know is that bridge city was scared out of ther minds when hicks left and now that there DADDY is back they are all big headed..all i have to say is that hicks isnt gunna win every game for them soemone else from over there is gunna have to step up...cause after hicks from what ive heard they dont have anyone that can throw mid 80s...so to me thats a pretty big problem

i dont care how many pitchers they have that havent pitched before...all i know is that bridge city was scared out of ther minds when hicks left and now that there DADDY is back they are all big headed..all i have to say is that hicks isnt gunna win every game for them soemone else from over there is gunna have to step up...cause after hicks from what ive heard they dont have anyone that can throw mid 80s...so to me thats a pretty big problem

Do you know anyone in the area that can consistently throw in the mid 80's, if so name them?

Guest BCNatureBoy

This is 3A we're talking about here right. There aren't many 3A teams in the state that have one guy throwing mid 80s or higher much less 2. BC will be just fine this year. Thanks for your concern. They have had several good young classes the last few years and this years freshman group is supposed to have some good ones as well. I think they are just reloading the pitching staff this year.

This is 3A we're talking about here right. There aren't many 3A teams in the state that have one guy throwing mid 80s or higher much less 2. BC will be just fine this year. Thanks for your concern. They have had several good young classes the last few years and this years freshman group is supposed to have some good ones as well. I think they are just reloading the pitching staff this year.

Couldn't agree with you more CrackerJack.

Are you even from Bridge City??? Do you even know what the heck your talking about??? i mean Hick's is a excelent ball player but your trying to say he is the team!!! No he's not, they are all good ball players. Quote one Quote Bridge city will be just as good as last year and make a dang good play-off run.

Early predictions for this district?? It's going to be wild....Here's my take on the situation, in no particular order....

BC-Hicks is back and he's the most dominant pitcher in the district, after that they will be young on the hill; but Coach Landry will make an already talented baseball team that much better, until someone knocks them off they are the team to beat.

HF-Lot's of returners, with experience on the mound...their X factor is now coaching in BC, so we'll see how this group of kids responds to the new coach; will challenge for one of the three playoff spots.

OF-May have the most returners in the district (don't know exact #'s), finally will be playing with one of the older and more experienced teams in the district rather than the youngest, may have the best catcher in the district and a top 3 pitcher, Coach Bennett is scrappy and he will have his team ready to play; they will challenge for one of the three playoff spots.

WOS-Will be much improved over the last few years.  They are getting back to WOS baseball; Coach Rojas will have his group ready to play each night and they will upset the apple cart in some games, if they do it enough they will challenge for a playoff spot.

HJ-Lost their top 3 pitchers and a bunch of offense, however the cupboard will not be bare and Coach Kirkland will have his team ready to play.  They have made the playoffs the last 2 years and look to continue that streak.

Silsbee-Like HJ, lost their top 2 pitchers; their X factor could be Skinner who when he's on, is good.  Coach Trawhon graduated a bunch of kids last year, but he will have a young team that will take on his mentallity and they will scrap for everything they get.  They have missed the playoffs by 1 game the last 2 years, and they would like to have a change of luck and the young kids will try to do just that.

Bottom Line is it's a 10 game district schedule and anything can happen.  5 teams will compete for 2 playoff spots...So, in the words of a famous and controversial WR for the Cowboys...."GET YOUR POPCORN READY"...It's time for some baseball

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Orangeboy

BC has

Hicks          Jr.          P/SS    2 year starter

Robertson    Jr.            IF      2 year starter

Hubbard      Sr.        DH/Utl

Snyder        Sr.        1B/P

Matthews    Sr.          2B

Breaux        Sr.          OF

Rhodes        Jr.          OF        started several games late in the year including playoffs

bridge city  may think they got this in the bag because there little super star hicks is back.. but he cant pitch every game can he...so who is backing him up thats a dominate pitcher??? so there in just as much of a fight as any other team in the disrtict.

Why do you hate on a kid like Hicks and B.C.????  Yes Hicks is a superstar but the most modest kid with his talent I have ever met.  Aside from baseball I hope my kid turns out to be as good of a young man as Matt Hicks is. Besides that before Hicks B.C. has always dominated in baseball!!!!!!  Dont be jealous because their good.  Just enjoy last place in district again with pride!!!! 

I see BC as the favorite with Orangefield close behind.  These two teams have good solid team-work oriented teams to field this year! Great bats and good pitching will carry them into the playoffs.  It's a tossup after that for 3rd place.  A wild guess is that H-F will take the 3rd spot.

The basic key to BCs frequent success is very strong JVs that feeds this program year-in and year-out!

Silsbee has two starter back from last year. Josh Skinner and Chase Kelly. Both Sr. Josh plays 1B and pitches, Chase plays 2B and SS. Silsbee will have a very, very young team. These two boys will be looking for help from mostly Soph. Clint Scoggins, Caleb Henry, Jacob McDonald, Lance Brown just to name a few, I know I left some out. Even some Fresh. will be looked at to help out. Colby Jenkins, Mike Simmons, and JK Keefer and a couple of others. Point is Silsbee will be looking hard at the underclassmen to step up and contribute. The way Josh and Chase handle themselves will go a long way in Silsbee's play. Early on this team will take some hard knocks, but with most of these boys playing summer ball they should be competitive late in the season. Just hope it's not to late. Go Tigers!!! 

I think the coaches of each team have good work ethics, take their players through the drills exceptionally, and put their players in best positions to win.  There are coaches from several of the schools...not sure about all...that have baseball backgrounds.  As usual, pitching and defense will probably be the determining factor.  Experience will be key, too, I'm sure.  It should be a great season to watch, as usual. And...not too long before it begins!

• 2 weeks later...

Why do you hate on a kid like Hicks and B.C.????  Yes Hicks is a superstar but the most modest kid with his talent I have ever met.  Aside from baseball I hope my kid turns out to be as good of a young man as Matt Hicks is. Besides that before Hicks B.C. has always dominated in baseball!!!!!!  Dont be jealous because their good.  Just enjoy last place in district again with pride!!!! 

I sure hope this is just a jealous kid. If not, you either don't know Matt or you are just showing your ignorance. GTB I second your thoughts about my boys growing up to be kids like Matt. I don't know many that are. I have one that has a chance but the other one has too much of his daddy's mischievousness in him.  ;D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder