Baytown Sterling @ West Brook Predictions

21-35 Brook.  They will rest key players most likely to gear up for NS and the playoffs in 2 weeks. 

um...rest key players for the whole game? if they do that Sterling will beat them....i know its hard to believe since Sterling was down for so long (actually it shouldnt be that hard for West Brook fans considering where they were not so long ago) but Sterling is a decent team....

Guest patriot117

Maybe it will be a 14-14 tie and you guys can win on first downs again( ala 1982).  Oh wait, they actually settle it on the field now.

Then I see it RSS 21, brook 20.

Uhhhh, that was a 7-7 tie in which West Brook advanced on penetrations. If they also had been tied, then it would have gone to first downs which we were also leading. If first downs had been tied, then it goes to total yardage....Oh, never mind!

i wasnt there (not born yet) but as i have heard many times yall won on first down, penetrations were tied....Sterling got stopped right outside the 20 inthe 4th quarter or something which wouldve won it for them....reguardless if it was penetrations or first downs im glad they did away w/ that stupid rule, when i was little that rule confused the heck outa me....

Actually, we advanced on penetrations 3-2. However, it wouldn't have even come to that and Sterling would have won the game except that Jerry Ball blocked a field goal attempt in the fourth that would have given the Rangers the win.

dang Jerry Ball...haha...atleast it took a beast of a player to beat us...i wish the Rangers would get back to that level...

Actually, we advanced on penetrations 3-2. However, it wouldn't have even come to that and Sterling would have won the game except that Jerry Ball blocked a field goal attempt in the fourth that would have given the Rangers the win.

Man, that was one of the great games I ever seen. Down by 7 points, Jerry Ball blocks a field attempt (It look like he was shot out a cannon when he block it) with less than 6 minutes left. Then Ball score the game tying touchdown break tackles and carrying guys on way to the goal line. Texas high school football at it best.

I don't know how may of you guys have seen Sterling but they are not that good. They are improved but not in WB class. WB should beat them handily of they come out and do not take them lightly. All there recievers do is run face routes and their qb does not have that strong of an arm. An id Christian Michael and Ryan Grant play that should be enough to get the victory.

Guest patriot117

Oops! I guess I am getting CRS.  (I even played in that game).  Oh well, it was a great game.  Just wish we could have settled it on the field.  One of those things that haunts you.  I definitely think we were the two best teams in the state that year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder