The Von Erich Family

Guest Techsan

I personally knew all of the Adkissons (Von Erichs) growing up, my father and Fritz were friends from childhood so we made a lot of trips to go see World Wide, I still remember those long roadtrips in the middle of the summer in my dads 65 Ford truck with windows down and sweating all the way there. It really was tragic for that entire family, I remember pretty much each and every death and we went to all the funerals so I witnessed it firsthand, its still mind boggling of how much can happen in such a short span. I still talk to Kevin, his son Ross is wanting to go into wrestling, and Kevin has said that he will support him in whatever he wants to do. He looks a lot like Kerry, kind of an uncanny resemblance.....hopefully Ross can give the younger generation a taste of the tradition that us older guys grew up with.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember when Mid South came to Orange at the middle school football field. Dr. Death and Ted Dibiase were the tag champs, Jake Robert was there also.

That was some of the best "real" wrestling ever. Guys like Hacksaw Jim Duggan, Hacksaw Butch Reed, JYD, Terry Taylor, Magnum TA, Rock & Roll Express, Midnight Express, Sting, Ultimate Warrior, Rick Steiner, Kamala and almost all the Von Erichs were there. Also Jim Ross!!!!

Most of them went to the old NWA before it became WCW. One of my favorite wrestlers at the time was Tully Blanchard from the old Southwest Championship Wrestling out of San Antonio.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont