*Jasper vs. Carthage Updates*/CARTHAGE WINS!!!

Is Jasper going to make playoffs?

Maybe as the 3rd place team...if they can beat Rusk.  Although it doesn't sound like they deserve to go anywhere but to the doghouse. :(

I can't ever remember feeling so humiliated. What the ____ is going on down there?

Jasper has a good team they were just out matched tonight......

Maybe as the 3rd place team...if they can beat Rusk.  Although it doesn't sound like they deserve to go anywhere but to the doghouse. :(

I can't ever remember feeling so humiliated. What the ____ is going on down there?

really, really outmatched, and apparently out-coached as well.  Congratulations Carthage, you are the real deal!

Jasper does not need to go to the playoff.From what i saw at this game last night and all year the Coachs have no heart and the players have no heart.Time and Time again those boys had there headn down even when it was just 21-0.I think they are a good football team with no heart are fight. I felt like crap last night it really hurt me for them to lose like that.When i was in school to lose like that was nothing to smile anout and some of those kids were smileing last night and jokeing around like it was a pre-seasond game.Coach walkovia i no i spelled his name wrong but he would not put up with what i saw last night and we as a team would have not as well. COME ON BULLDOGS LET'S GET A WIN AND TAKE OUT RUST

really, really outmatched, and apparently out-coached as well.  Congratulations Carthage, you are the real deal!

Out-coached covers it; Looks like those people that thought Brooks was the coming of the next Messiah were incorrect. Players Win Games And Coaching Loses Them.

most of jasper coach's were just on the sideline with there arms crossed man we need help.

LAND95, this game just had me with a bad feeling in my stomach, I mean I sat in the stands and watched these coaches do the same thing you just mentioned, the head coach doesn't have a clue, the offensive coordinator, tries to run his offense around one kid and three and outs not gonna get it, against any team, this Carthage team made our kids look foolish 28 points in the first quarter and then the Jasper offensive coordinator still come out and attempt to run the quarterback when Spikes been catching the ball all night and Armstrong pounding the ball all night.  The only good thing about this is that somebody finally snapped and put Bailey and Spikes on the same side of the field and  Stubberfield at quarterback to start moving the ball down the field to Spikes and Bailey. I really don't see this team making the playoffs, but I still will support them no matter what.

GOT HEART? WE DO, Yea friday night was a very sad night for Jasper Bulldog football.To me all they need to do is run that two back set with Armstrong and Ellis with camron at QB. Spikes and baliey at the wide out we can really move the ball.But Coach quick for some reason can see that.But what good does it do when your D cant get a stop and the DB for jasper were just giveing up on plays all night.But like i said a very sad night for Bulldog football.

Guest tombraider

Bash the coaches all you want. They are the easy ones to blame. But what you all don't see is that Jasper doesn't have the athletes that they use to have or even the athletes that carthage or Diboll has. What it comes down to is, Jasper doesnt have the players to get what you all are saying done. Stublefield at QB-one dimensional. Bailey at WR- double coverage, Armstrong- can hit the hole hard but no break away speed. Plus the defense can't stop the pass not the coaches, the secondary doesn't have the speed to stop it.

Bash the coaches all you want. They are the easy ones to blame. But what you all don't see is that Jasper doesn't have the athletes that they use to have or even the athletes that Carthage or Diboll has. What it comes down to is, Jasper doesn't have the players to get what you all are saying done. Stublefield at QB-one dimensional. Bailey at WR- double coverage, Armstrong- can hit the hole hard but no break away speed. Plus the defense can't stop the pass not the coaches, the secondary doesn't have the speed to stop it.

Double Bailey all you want he is not the best receiver Jasper has, Spikes is, and the coaches on every team knows it, so its not about the kids its the Coaches, the talent is there but some coaches failed to execute in big games. Once again you are wrong, Armstrong can break away from you, with one quick step.

lets see, our defence can't stop the pass.  I haven't seen any great passing game from Jasper no matter who they throw too.  overthrow or dropped 70% of the time. Can't run if you don't block.  I may see the talent I don't see the commitment on the field.  Players laughing , caring on, No leader on this team at all.  been watching Jasper football since 74,  I have see nteams with less talant but determination , but I really hate to see a team with talant, but have a "oh well" attitude.  Commitment comes from the players heart not the coaches.

GOT HEART? WE DO,  I just dont see the heart this year.  Just my thoughts

Guest tombraider

While the argument of spikes being the best reciever or not is a different subject, Spikes can catch the ball with the best of them but he is not a big enough threat. Just face it man the talent just isn't there this year. Look at talent from past teams. It is not the same caliber of athletes. Speed is the biggest issue with this team. Jasper just look slow against some of these teams that they are playing.

lets see, our defence can't stop the pass.  I haven't seen any great passing game from Jasper no matter who they throw too.  overthrow or dropped 70% of the time. Can't run if you don't block.  I may see the talent I don't see the commitment on the field.  Players laughing , caring on, No leader on this team at all.  been watching Jasper football since 74,  I have see nteams with less talant but determination , but I really hate to see a team with talant, but have a "oh well" attitude.  Commitment comes from the players heart not the coaches.

GOT HEART? WE DO,  I just dont see the heart this year.  Just my thoughts

Just like you have been watching Jasper football for awhile I have also, sure I understand the point you are making about commitment, but commitment comes from the players who want to commit to the coaches, I have watched both sides, the players and the coaches.The players lost all hope after the come back win from a great Kirbyville team, so you tell me was it the players or the coaches  ???. You can't tell me that since you being watching Jasper football, that this year and I know you have noticed, that these Jasper coaches are trying to build the whole game around one player, you can see it and I can also, Run, Run, Run, three and out GOT HEART? WE DO,  GOT COACHES? THEY DO,

SETXsports Broadcaster, I see it this year , Just my thoughts.

While the argument of spikes being the best reciever or not is a different subject, Spikes can catch the ball with the best of them but he is not a big enough threat. Just face it man the talent just isn't there this year. Look at talent from past teams. It is not the same caliber of athletes. Speed is the biggest issue with this team. Jasper just look slow against some of these teams that they are playing.

I am facing that fact the Jasper will not even make it to the playoffs. and you are right the talent level only shows about 4 players on the team,and back to Spikes yes he can catch, but they only throw him 15 to 20 yards pass, if they throw to him like they done against Gilmer, when he went deep then he will be a deep threat, but back to the team, all I can say is we will be getting ready to see Spikes and Bailey on the hardwood and believe me, get your popcorn ready(TexPreps magazine listed them as two of the best guard combos in the state).

I don't know how many of you witnessed the Diboll vs. Jasper game, but if Diboll had not played the worst second half of football imaginable it would have been pretty close on the outcome.

No not really jasper just went away from what works for them like they always do run the ball. But coach quick want's to be high flying and we are not plus our DB are not that good well not good at all.

I do agree that we are trying to be high fliers and we are not that type of football team,  we have been power or finace (spelling)  I remember when you had so much going on in the backfield no one knew who had the ball,  counter plays, misdirection, that was Jasper.  Yes we did well with the spread, but I don't think that should be our bread and butter.  I love my Bulldogs and will stand behind them thick and thin.  but I can complain cause I am a fan  ;D

I do agree that we are trying to be high fliers and we are not that type of football team,  we have been power or finace (spelling)   I remember when you had so much going on in the backfield no one knew who had the ball,  counter plays, misdirection, that was Jasper.  Yes we did well with the spread, but I don't think that should be our bread and butter.  I love my Bulldogs and will stand behind them thick and thin.  but I can complain cause I am a fan   ;D

Yes sir I am a fan also ;D ;D

I agree with the poster that said the talent is not what we are used to seeing. I agree with the other poster that the coaches are not putting the team in a position to win - use what you got. We don't have the skill players to run the spread. But, more than anything, I also agree with the poster that said this team has no heart and no leaders amongst them. Remember that 2003 semi-final team almost beat Burnet had it not been for the referee's call at the end of the game when Burnet scored their winning drive? There were maybe 2 returning starters from the previous year. Now that team had more heart than any Jasper team I'd ever seen. This team doesn't seem to have any fight.

This summer I watched Jasper edge Brownwood in 7 on 7, then dominate Kirbyville, and then give Navasota a good run for their money.  As far as skill players go, it is just hard for me to think that the talent to do better is not there.

Now, I do understand that the coaches were not calling the plays.  ???  ???  ;D

Im a Jasper Bulldogs fan all the way.We can run the spread just get under the center some time mix it up.I just dont understand why they stay in shotgun 100% of the time we can run the ball ellis and armstrong will get you 5 yards 9 out of 10 time.The run open's up the play action I think well get to the first round and that will be it.Cant wait to see that JV group move up they have some good DB that can cover and they have speed.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder