Evadale Football

Guest titan

to answer your question lets say the rebels do win out and win district it is going to be very very tough for anyone in this district to win a playoff game because they get a bye in the first round so that means the first playoff team that they will face will be a team that has already won a playoff game so no matter what they are going to get a very very good team

Taking things one game at a time is just what the Rebels have been doing and it is working quite well. Anyone can see that the road that awaits in the playoffs is a tough one, but that is why they call it "the playoffs". Everyone who gets to that point is a good team! I do know that the Rebels are still hungry and the appetite is for more than a single playoff game.

Rebel football is on the rise and it has a bright future ahead of it. There are more boys coming out for teams at all levels and only a small percentage of guys that don't play. After the first grading period they still have the players to fill out their varsity and junior varsity rosters. Except for the minor dings that players will get they have been relatively free from injury. Football is a funny game and sometimes it is not how good you are it is how good you are on a given day, anyone watch the Giants beat the Patriots in last years Super Bowl. Maybe a stretch by comparison, but it does illustrate a point.

Go Rebels   

Last year

Hull was the division one while West Hardin and Evadale were the division two, it would be the same this year if is those three if High Island gets in they would be divsion two as they are smaller than any of the other three that they might surplant in the trio.

Enrollment figures in Texas Football this years are

Evadale      145

Hull            190

West Hardin 166

Burkeville    103

Chester        69

Colmesneil    195

High Island  110

Sabine Pass  104

alumni please tell me why its goofy, i'll agree with you if you can tell me why.  Im just telling you I have seen 4 of those 5 times and they are legit.  Tenaha may not even win their district and they spanked HD if i remember correctly.  Maud is the real deal they return all but 2 from last years state semi-finalists, Cayuga has one of the best RB's in the state in 1a and return the majority from a team that lost to maud by a TD in the 3rd round last year and Mt. has a dang good running back themselves. 

Last year

Hull was the division one while West Hardin and Evadale were the division two, it would be the same this year if is those three if High Island gets in they would be divsion two as they are smaller than any of the other three that they might surplant in the trio.

Enrollment figures in Texas Football this years are

Evadale      145

Hull            190

West Hardin 166

Burkeville     103

Chester         69

Colmesneil    195

High Island   110

Sabine Pass  104

How may Rebs are from Vidor I know of two that have been a big help.

Guest curtissimo

alumni please tell me why its goofy, i'll agree with you if you can tell me why.  Im just telling you I have seen 4 of those 5 times and they are legit.  Tenaha may not even win their district and they spanked HD if i remember correctly.  Maud is the real deal they return all but 2 from last years state semi-finalists, Cayuga has one of the best RB's in the state in 1a and return the majority from a team that lost to maud by a TD in the 3rd round last year and Mt. has a dang good running back themselves. 

Yea i dont know how its goofy either, because all of the teams that casual observer has named would OWN the playoff teams from our district. I mean i dont think Evadale, Hull, or West Hardin, or High island if they get in, could stop folks like Cayuga's Traylon Shead who rushed for over 2800 yards last year as a sophomore, Mt. Enterprises Kevin Pope who is a BEAST, or Maud's three big guys that last i heard were all comitted to TCU.  The other teams I didn't mention like Tenaha and Mart are suposed to be legit too, i just haven't seen them, so 83_Alumni if you think that post by casualobserver was goofy, maybe you need to go see some of those teams play, or you could just ask someone from HD what happened when they played Tenaha.

first off alumni, i made a mistake, cayuga will be on the bottom. however, after more research as to who exactly will go big school little school, this is how i see the bracket shaping up from top to bottom

maud-bye

Mt. Enterprise/Tenaha vs. Grapeland

Itasca vs. Normangee

West Hardin/Evadale-bye

hawkins-bye

Mt. Enterprise/Tenaha vs Cayuga

Dawson vs. Bremond

West Hardin/Evadale-bye

Mt. Enterprise and Tenaha play this week so the winner will play grapeland and the loser will play cayuga.  IMO whoever wins the game between cayuga and MT/Ten will be the favorite to make the regional finals.  And the favorite out of the top will be the winner of the Maud and whichever team they play.  IMO the top 4 teams in this region are (in no order) Maud, Cayuga, Mt. Enterprise and Tenaha.  Grapeland is right behind them because they have a tremendous defense.  There is no easy part of the bracket for district 23. 

in the big school division its even worse for district 23. this is how i see big school shaping up.

Big Sandy-bye

Joaquin vs. Alto

Axtell vs. Mart

Hull-Daisetta-bye

Mart is the obvious favorite.  They will be just as fast if not faster and just as athletic if not more so than what you saw out of tenaha.  And if you happen to beat mart, well lucky you gets to play the 2 time reigning class A champ. 

Now all of this is just my opinion.  I like to think i have a pretty good idea about these teams, because i have had a personal look at alot of these teams for the last three years.

In District 22, Normangee and Lovelady play the last game of the season. If Normangee wins then Mart goes Div 1, if Lovelady wins then Mart goes Div 2(Lovelady will be favored, slightly).

If Normangee wins:

Div 1: Mart

Div 2 1st: Bremond

Div 2 2nd: Normangee

If Lovelady wins:

Div 1: Lovelady

Div 2 1st: Mart

Div 2 2nd: Bremond

Tenaha has the fastest team I have ever saw !!! They have 7 or 8 players that look like clones when their on the field. I would venture to say they all run in 4.4's to 4.5's !!! Extremely fast team !!! They spread you out in the shotgun with 4 and 5 receiver sets. Then #5 McClure takes most of the snaps and runs wild with his 4.4 speed. Tenaha is easily won of the best teams in Texas !!! They should compete with Maud for the state title.

Tenaha has steadily improved to 8-3 in 2006 and a 10-4 run to the Division II regional finals last year in Class A. With eight offensive and nine defensive starters returning. All-State returner #5 Marlon McClure will be utilized by Tyner at quarterback, running back and wide receiver to help give his triple threat even more opportunities to handle the football. Last year McClure finished the year with a school-record 29 touchdowns. He rushed for 910 yards and 13 touchdowns, while catching 47 passes for 863 yards and 15 more scores. He averaged 18.4 yards per catch. And, if that wasn’t enough, he scored on a kick return and interception as well. That’s right, he intercepted 12 passes on the season. And although he was injured part of the year and overshadowed, Tenaha running back Cameron Choice ran for 1,219 ‘quiet’ yards, averaging 7.1-yards per carry and scored 12 TDs. He also caught six passes for 78 yards. Choice has approximately 3,500 yards for his career at Tenaha.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder