Nederland vs. Livingston Predictions?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brubaker

Warrior, I've watched you post, you know what you are talking about.  PNG turned the ball over left and right against Livingston and won by much less that Ned beat PNG.  You saw both games, PNG had one turnover that led to points.  How many did Livingston have, at least two.  Hey bud, I don't blame you, I would predict/hope Ned loses if I were in the same situation even if the facts said otherwise.

This is a smash-mouth football district.  Even Nederland had to toughen themselves on offense after what WO-S did to them.  I look at teams who run the ball and play tough physical defense at the end of the day, win ball games barring turnovers.  Livingston did go 10-3 last year running the Wing T.  The Wing T, an offense from the 30's and 40's with some updated wrinkles.  The Central game could have been much worse if Central's QB really ran that Bone, i. e. could pitch on occation.  Nederland is still soft on the run and because it is, they put at least 8-10 on the box, and it caused them to play #21 and #5, their best WR's as corners and they were beat every time.

I watched the last 5 minutes or so of the Livingston/PN-G game and if they run the dive play with half of the success against Nederland, it will be a long night in MC.  They also get after the QB on defense so I see a repeat of this past Friday.  BTW, my daughter was on the homecoming court(I'm so proud of her).....

Coushata(sp) Lions 42

Nederland 14

Typical 85 post. Always insert the "ifs" for the MC opponent. How about some "ifs" for Nederland. "If" Nederland hadn't thrown that INT. "If" Nederland hadn't fumbled that ball. "If' Nederland had stayed with the ground game (especially in the red zone) that was churning up some major yards against a supposed "solid" defense like Central? I will not call Central's defense "soft' against the run out of respect, but I believe Nederland can effectively run the ball if they will just not abandon it.

I haven't seen Livingston play. I hear they are faster and bigger than Nederland. Wow, I bet that's the first time that has happened. Maybe 5 minutes of viewing can convince me otherwise.....not!

Nederland 24

Livingston  17

I haven't seen Big Ned play yet, but I have seen Livingston. They are big, but I think if Nederland uses it's assets, in other words, BOTH the running and passing game I think they can come out on top. I'm pulling for Nederland on this and I call it as a high scoring affair, somewhere around 49 - 45, I don't think either D is going to slow the other a whole lot.

This is a smash-mouth football district.  Even Nederland had to toughen themselves on offense after what WO-S did to them.  I look at teams who run the ball and play tough physical defense at the end of the day, win ball games barring turnovers.  Livingston did go 10-3 last year running the Wing T.  The Wing T, an offense from the 30's and 40's with some updated wrinkles.  The Central game could have been much worse if Central's QB really ran that Bone, i. e. could pitch on occation.  Nederland is still soft on the run and because it is, they put at least 8-10 on the box, and it caused them to play #21 and #5, their best WR's as corners and they were beat every time.

I watched the last 5 minutes or so of the Livingston/PN-G game and if they run the dive play with half of the success against Nederland, it will be a long night in MC.  They also get after the QB on defense so I see a repeat of this past Friday.  BTW, my daughter was on the homecoming court(I'm so proud of her).....

Coushata(sp) Lions 42

Nederland 14

whatever...once a hater always a hater...lmao

Dawgs 118

Lions 2  (dang saftey almost killed us)

J/K obviously..1.gif

Predictions are so..........uuuhhhh........unpredictable.

I just want to see the DAWGS regroup from the loss to the Jaguars and come to play like I know they are capable of.  If they do so, I really feel they will win in a close game going down to the last few minutes.  It's sure going to be nice to be back at the Dog Pound after 2 road games.

9.gif

Typical 85 post. Always insert the "ifs" for the MC opponent. How about some "ifs" for Nederland. "If" Nederland hadn't thrown that INT. "If" Nederland hadn't fumbled that ball. "If' Nederland had stayed with the ground game (especially in the red zone) that was churning up some major yards against a supposed "solid" defense like Central? I will not call Central's defense "soft' against the run out of respect, but I believe Nederland can effectively run the ball if they will just not abandon it.

I haven't seen Livingston play. I hear they are faster and bigger than Nederland. Wow, I bet that's the first time that has happened. Maybe 5 minutes of viewing can convince me otherwise.....not!

Nederland 24

Livingston  17

Ned was bound to throw a pick or 2.  They had your best WR on lock with a kid that runs a 10.6 100 meters.  Don't be mad at me because Nuemann didn't stick with the run.  Fumbles and INT's are a part of football.  The team with the least of them usually wins but since you watch football like a woman, I guess you wouldn't know such things.

Central may have 'changed' their offense last Monday but the Airforce/Flexbone is a variation of the original Wishbone with some twist.  Again, y'all are lucky Central only ran 1/3 of the offense since I didn't see much QB keep or pitch.  Just dives and spectacular play on 3rd down from their QB.....

Never said we couldn't throw a pick or two. It's just that if you say a woulda coulda for Central, you have to give the same for Nederland. Third down was our demise, and two rainbows that could have been defensed.

Now, lower that skirt chickadee, you have ugly thighs and bony knees.

I'm taking notes on who the smart posters are, png1 you get a checkmark, ndnwarrior, you get a minus... thought you knew more football bud.  No amount of Nederland losing will improve your season.

Just my opinion, Bru.  I predicted that Central would give Nederland a hard time, and they did, they beat them.  I've seen Livingston play and I feel they are underated.  I think it will be close, but I think Livingston will come out with the win.  Livingston has a lot of speed, not sure that the Dogs can handle it, just my opinion.  As for the Indians season, we know what our mistakes are/were and will try to correct them and continue this season....not expecting Nederland's losses to improve our season...that was a bit "childish", wouldn't you say? >:(

Central always plays us Tough

After seeing the Bears play both teams, I'm going with the Dawgs.  It took the whole game for Livingston to put 50 on the board against us while Big Ned did it in a half.

Livingston has more speed that the Dawgs won't be able to contain all night but overall I think Nederland's a better team.  The Dogs are also bigger which should play a factor.

Plus, so far in district, playing LCM assures defeat..... the week after.

Nederland 35,  Livingston 21.

Warrior, I've watched you post, you know what you are talking about.  PNG turned the ball over left and right against Livingston and won by much less that Ned beat PNG.  You saw both games, PNG had one turnover that led to points.  How many did Livingston have, at least two.  Hey bud, I don't blame you, I would predict/hope Ned loses if I were in the same situation even if the facts said otherwise.

I'm taking notes on who the smart posters are, png1 you get a checkmark, ndnwarrior, you get a minus... thought you knew more football bud.

Which one is it? Or is it just based on whether or not his opinion agrees with yours.  :D

I have seen them both play and if Nederland can come out on 1st down with  3-4 yard gain the advantage is in their favor...Livingston's front line does a great job in blowing people off the ball which if it continues to smash mouth its way through could have success....

I wont play the "jet lag" factor here.....High scoring since Nederlands "D" will have trouble, Livingstons secondary will give up (2) big plays.....

Livingston 38

Nederland 27

Not to take anything away from central but their big plays were busted plays that ended up working out, receivers covered well then quarterback scrambles for 10-20 yards or hail mary type passes. They probably had as many stops for losses as positive plays. On the other hand Ned could not pass on the speedy corners of Central we abandoned the run and short passing game. We need to get better at mixing in the short and intermediate passes with the run. Also mix in a different formation every now and then. I realize we run the spread but line up with the QB under center and a TE just to through a wrinkle. We are predictable.

GO DOGS

Guest 87CRU79

IMO, Barrow needs to install a "power" package for inside the 5 yard line, similar to what Texas does when they're on the goalline when DT Roy Miller goes in at FB. Just put Bellow under center, a big DL/OL at FB and put Wareall behind him and pound the rock. Just a thought....

Defense needs to play with the intenstity they had in the first 3 district contests if they hope to make it to big dance this year

Livingston, playing at home, continuing to improve week after week, and with their speed, along with the fact that they are hungry to solidify a playoff spot, I'm sorry, but I think Livingston will come away with a "W" for this one.  It's gonna be a good one, for sure!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder