Nederland vs. Livingston Predictions?

For everyone that is picking Livingston...  Remember, they lost to an average 3a/2a  team to start the season out. 

Come on now.  Livingston falls this friday.

Bulldog fans better hope the players don't have this attitude.

I agree.  Livingston has a lot of speed.  I just don't think the Dogs are up to handling them.  It seems a lot of folks over across the tracks are underestimating Livingston, much like they did Central...hmmm....go figure. ::)

They also said we couldn't stop Ozen's speed  ::)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ozen is very undisciplined and runs a completely different offense.  I'm not saying Nederland won't stop Livingston's speed but it is a different type of speed in the offense Livingston runs.  It's not the drop back Pro formation pass and play action or the iso's and dives up the middle. 

Ozen is very undisciplined and runs a completely different offense.  I'm not saying Nederland won't stop Livingston's speed but it is a different type of speed in the offense Livingston runs.  It's not the drop back Pro formation pass and play action or the iso's and dives up the middle. 

Hey, here's this word again.  And guess what?  You guessed it, it's Ozen.  ::)

Guest Brubaker

This is a game that historically under Neumann would be a no brainer.  Two teams tied for the district lead, homecoming, heat of the district race with their playoff life on the line.  I just have to believe that last week was a bump in the road versus a sign of things to come.  If Nederland loses this game, they are in trouble, but they only lose if they are not the better team, I think they will be, Enter Sandman, Dogs roll!

LIVINGSTON AT NEDERLAND

KICKOFF TIME

The Port Arthur News

• When: Friday, 7:30 p.m.

• Where: Bulldog Stadium, Nederland

• Records: Livingston 3-2, 3-1; Nederland 3-2, 3-1

• Series: Nederland leads 4-2

• Last meeting: Livingston, 20-6, in 1995

• Radio: KLVI-AM (560)

• Internet: www.klvi.com

• Lions capsule: Unlike Nederland, coach Randy Rowe's Lions do not enter this game with the most glitzy of statistics. The visitors do have three things going for them. First, a share of the 20-4A lead at 3-1. Second, huge size across the lines. Third, blazing speed on the corners. The Livingston squad also sports a three-game win streak after losing its 20-4A opener at Lumberton . . . A 43-year-old Livingston native, Rowe has a squad paced by Texas A&M pledge and two-way senior speedster Dustin Harris, a quarterback/cornerback and Josh Henderson, another quarterback/cornerback. The two superb athletes hardly ever come off the field. End Carlos Moreno has been a dazzling pass rusher off the edge and he operates beside formidable tackles Ricky Wagner and Brandon McGowen....

• Bulldogs capsule: Central fashioned a near-perfect homecoming night display last week, knocking NHS from the 20-4A unbeaten ranks, 20-10, by winning the line of scrimmage with smash-mouth wishbone ball-control and a tight, quick defense that tried to suffocate any Nederland aerial efforts . . . Coach Larry Neumann's Dogs still lead the league in total offense (349.4) and individual rushing and passing numbers with senior Wareall Grogan (716 yards on the ground) and junior Kirby Bellow (893 yards in the air). Kirby's touchdown-interception ratio (10 to 2) is outstanding. LU pledge Asa Cardenas ranks 2nd in 20-4A receiving yards (325).... Dogs have to find defenders to lift their total defense numbers above 6th in the league (330)... There are some good ones including LBs Grant Lovelady, Jordan Landry and Nick Cardenas....

• Rowe says: "This is certainly one heckuva district, isn't it?... Trying to win at Nederland is going to take our best game of the year for it to turn out the way we want it to. That was a good game that Nederland had last week with Central. I think we match up well with Nederland and I think Nederland was ready to play at Central. But give credit to Central, because they kept that (Nederland) offense off the field. Nederland is a real quality team with (Kirby) Bellow and Asa Cardenas is the best receiver in the district. They have 53, 54 and 56 (Nick Smith, Stefan Huber and Trey Terracina) all playing well in that line. Their running back (Wareall) Grogan is tough and difficult to bring down. They don't have many weaknesses... "

• Neumann says: "We didn't play well enough on both sides of the ball at Central, with the way that Central was playing. When you play defense the way we played, it makes you have to be perfect offensively. Our players were playing hard. I just don't think our players were playing well. It was disappointing and unsatisfying and I think our team will be stimulated by that disappointment... The effort wasn't what we've been getting on either side of the ball.... Livingston is a legitimate contender and if we're going to be one, we have to be able to beat a contender eventually. They have a big strong offensive line with excellent running backs and good quarterbacks. They have a real quality secondary and they're going to be formidable for us...â€

LIVINGSTON OFFENSE

TE -- Colton Wescott (43)

LT -- Mark Reynolds (74)

LG -- Robert Rippy (68)

C -- Victor Matthews (51)

RG -- Tommy Thinnes (61)

RT -- Ben Lewis (54)

SE -- Brandon Prescott (88)

QB -- Dustin Harris (1)

FB -- Quinton Jackson (21)

TB -- Jordan Nixon (35)

WB -- Keaton Parker (9)

NEDERLAND DEFENSE

SE -- Anthony Maddox (26)

LT -- Marcus Louvier (55)

NT -- Shelby Clark (48)

WE -- Dionte Forney (10)

SLB -- Grant Lovelady (40

This is a game that historically under Neumann would be a no brainer.  Two teams tied for the district lead, homecoming, heat of the district race with their playoff life on the line.  I just have to believe that last week was a bump in the road versus a sign of things to come.  If Nederland loses this game, they are in trouble, but they only lose if they are not the better team, I think they will be, Enter Sandman, Dogs roll!

Just don't see the Dawgs taking this one. I think Livingston will be too much for them! ;D

Warrior, what are you basing this on, just curious.  Unless you've been travelling north to scout Livingston, you've probably only see them play against PNG... a game in which PNG turned it over extensively, which led to many of the Lions points.  Memory's a little fuzzy, but I think PNG had one turnover against Nederland.  Based on what I've heard PNG played their worst game of the year that night.  So again, I'm just scratching my head and wondering what you would base your prediction on?

Guest 87CRU79

Just a PNG fan that thinks if Nederland loses to a team they lost to, it'll make them feel better about losing to Nederland this season, IMO.

If Nederland can come out with a balanced attack on offense, not abandon the run if they fall behind, and the defense plays with the intensity they played with in the first 3 district games, Nederland will come out on top.

Nederland 31 - Livingston 21

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124