Harrison Tatum Intends on Playing at Lamar

Why would they have a hard time filling up the stands if the players were not from Southeast Texas? Lamar Basketball doesn't have a problem filling up the Montagne Center with 4,000-7,000 people. Trust me, SETX will support the football team no matter who or where the players are from. Its going to be an exciting time when thousands of fans are bar-b-quing right before kickoff.

Why would they have a hard time filling up the stands if the players were not from Southeast Texas? Lamar Basketball doesn't have a problem filling up the Montagne Center with 4,000-7,000 people. Trust me, SETX will support the football team no matter who or where the players are from. Its going to be an exciting time when thousands of fans are bar-b-quing right before kickoff.

I agree!  I can't wait!  Gonna be good for the community and for Southeast Texas as a whole! ;D

I agree!  I can't wait!  Gonna be good for the community and for Southeast Texas as a whole! ;D

LU didn't get suppport back when it dropped football and they had a winning season the last year.

Guest abovetherim

Would you please stop posting about Lamar because you are WRONG again. Lamar was 5-5 in 1989. I hardly see how 1989 has any impact on 2010. New coaching staff, a renovated stadium and different players.

"Tatum said as he understands it, Lamar is only recruiting other quarterbacks as athletes, who could move to different positions."

I sure hope this isn't true.  Nothing against Tatum because he does have potential, but I think Lamar needs to bring in more than one QB.  Competition will bring out the best in any player.  I just don't think you go into next year trying to build a program with one recruited QB.

Guest abovetherim

I would think he was told no other HS QB's. I've been told they are still courting Andre Bevil. Maybe he has recently said no to Coach Woodard, but I'm not aware of it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder