Senior Nederland Black plays Senior WOS BLue

jmk

Hey VNUPE, I just love people like you who bow up and shoot off your mouth when you don't realize the damage you just brought to your program. Your point about all the Sr. Blue team being on the Championship team from last year is a violation of the STJFL draft/expansion policy. I was told by one of the Sr. Blue players, before the season started, that you pulled such a stunt and moved all 11 or so players to one team (Sr. Blue).  I believe the rule is when you expand to a second team you can only protect 5 players and the rest have to go back into the draft so the expansion team can have a chance to be competitive. Now, with that being said I will agree your Sr. White is not a bad little team as well, but they didn't all play on the Superbowl team last year and they are no where close to the same talent level as Sr. Blue in my eyes. At any rate, thanks for the info I may just file a protest prior to playing Sr. Blue. Nothing may happen this year, but it is programs like yours that will eventually push the STJFL Board to have a member present during the draft in order to make sure a team isn't stacked.         

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey VNUPE, I just love people like you who bow up and shoot off your mouth when you don't realize the damage you just brought to your program. Your point about all the Sr. Blue team being on the Championship team from last year is a violation of the STJFL draft/expansion policy. I was told by one of the Sr. Blue players, before the season started, that you pulled such a stunt and moved all 11 or so players to one team (Sr. Blue).  I believe the rule is when you expand to a second team you can only protect 5 players and the rest have to go back into the draft so the expansion team can have a chance to be competitive. Now, with that being said I will agree your Sr. White is not a bad little team as well, but they didn't all play on the Superbowl team last year and they are no where close to the same talent level as Sr. Blue in my eyes. At any rate, thanks for the info I may just file a protest prior to playing Sr. Blue. Nothing may happen this year, but it is programs like yours that will eventually push the STJFL Board to have a member present during the draft in order to make sure a team isn't stacked.         

Whatever. If you want to try and beat us with a rule book you go right ahead. These are kids regardless of what rule or stunt you try and pull. If you get your facts straight you'll know that we DID have a draft. Oh, but that's right! you weren't there so you wouldn't know. Know what you're talking about before you speak. Igorance speaks before it gets the facts.

Everyone should abide by the rules of whatever league they play. It is an honor system and rumors are always spread about the good teams, espeacially if they have a another team that is not performiong. A lot of factors in winning and losing; coaching & kids mainly.

I think we should get back on subject on not belly ache, the teams are what they are. Who cares, play ball!

I didn't say you didn't have a draft VNUPE. Gosh, when you loaded up Blue with all the returning Superbowl players it must have been tough to pick the extra 2 or 3 you needed to fill your team. Per your own admission you just didn't follow procedure for an expansion draft. I guess you just didn't know the rules. Apparently, you must have been worried about what you said, for you deleted a good portion of your post. The StJFL works hard to promote Fairness so all can compete. We have had many teams in the past stack one team I just guess this year it was WOS turn. Good luck this year, I'm sure you will do well. 

VNUPES whole post about all the "returners" they had is gone.VNUPES was spouting off about returning the whole defensive and offensive line and when COOLIGAN brought up drafting rules all of a sudden VNUPES post is GONE. ???What's up ??? I still say Nederland black has the fastest kid on the field and probably more team speed...

I think eveyone talking about drafting and loading teams need to get off it. The game is what is important.

From what I understand that there are standard policies for everyone to follow. Regardless what soemone says on the message board nobody knows for sure unless you are on the board of directors. So lets move on to the game itself. No excuses Saturday, may the best team win.

WOW so much talk about whose gonna win!!!  My money is on WOS...any takers??? LOL.... But seriously WOS has a strong team regardless of some of the nonsense some of you are saying...they have talent, speed, determination, and great coaches....BTW I was on the other end of the 2005 Superbowl WOS 0 Nederland 12 and I don't take anything away from Nederland...they are a very competitive team...Saturday will tell...someone has to win....and someone has to lose....WOS loves winning..... ;D ;D ;D

td,

is that "butt" as in the verb... or "butt" as in the adjective?   :D :D :D

I think we that are on here arguing about 11 and 12 year old football are the butt heads.  :o

That should clear it up for you. We are the adjective and they are the verbs, I think.

Well well well! I love it when it gets like this. It SHOULD be an interesting game. I gotta pull for the blue team on this one. Nederland may be good and fast, but i will be surprised if they are as athletic and fast all around as WO-S Blue. I coach with the white team and we have stumbled with help from some terrible calls by the referee. But we lost fair and square and we feel in our hearts we gonna be there in the end. Everything in our WO-S program is fair and square. I would not let myself  or my son get played so wo-s can have one super team and the rest terrible. Wos blue has about 15 players and the white team has anout 17. Just be glad we split teams and didnt stay combined!!! I WILL SAY THIS. mOST PROGRAMS WE PLAY THAT HAVE MULTIPLE TEAMS HAVE ONE REALLY GREAT TEAM AND ONE OR TWO OTHER TERRIBLE TEAMS. THAT GOES FROM PEE-WEE TO JUNIOR TO SENIOR. LOOK AT PAST RECORDS AND SCORES. I DONT THINK ANYONE NEEDS TO TALK ABOUT FILING A COMPLAINT BEFORE THIS "HOPEFULLY" REALLY GOOD GAME.LETS LEAVE THE NONSENSE OUT AND PLAY BALL. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

Good game but WOS - Blue came out the winner 32 -0.

Refs told our team that unless Nederland scored a touchdown, we were not allowed to score again so the score stayed like it was.  Our players could have scored more but when we got down to the 10 yard line, we took a knee.  kids were okay with that; parents weren't.  my reaction? get over it; you do not want to unsportsman like about it.

looking forward to next weeks game now.

great game from two great teams..19-16 WOS gets this one :(Nederland gives up 5 turn-overs >:(WOS gives up 2....maybe 3..#4 for WOS is a stud..I still say Nederland has more overall team speed and the fastest individual in the league..Should be a great match up later in the season

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder