LC-M FOOTBALL PROGRAM

skipper

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to pass a bond when some(alot) of the people in the community are not pleased with the school board or admin.  But back to the topic LCM FOOTBALL PROGRAM. It will not happen until some big changes are made on the school board and admin. LCM has the kids they just need someone that cares about them and teaches them football from Jr. High to High School. Best of luck to the Bears.

Some in the LCM community have not always agreed with a few of the decisions made by the board and administration, but you can say that about almost any district anywhere.  Football is king in Texas...that's plain, simple, and easy to understand.  Football and all other sports are extracurricular activities and enhance a kids high school years.  The school board's and administration's top priority and responsibility is to solidify the academic standings of the school district for the kids of that district.  They are up to standards on that.

The football program is definitely in trouble at LCM and the board certainly plays a part in correcting that, but it will take even the "right guy" a while to turn it around.  Why would a "quality coach" be drawn to LCM? 

I agree that the board and all of the administration have done a great job solidifying the academic standing at LCM. They should be commended for that.

I'm not sure you can draw a quality coach at this time. I may be wrong but I think you are going to have to get a young energetic maybe first time head coach to take the job. Maybe an alumni.

The fee is a matter of policy and it is legal----pay it or forfiet the phone-- the choice is yours

The choice isn't mine.

It would seem that they could at least tell the parents where the money goes!

TD, they may not want you to know where it goes.  If it goes to a worthwhile cause like Project Safe Graduation then you may pay the fine, think at least the money is being used well,  and keep using the phone during school hours without giving it much thought.

The fee is a matter of policy and it is legal----pay it or forfiet the phone-- the choice is yours

The choice isn't mine.

the choice is exactly yours--if used at school and taken up you will either pay it or forfiet the phone plain and simple

The choice isn't mine.

the choice is exactly yours--if used at school and taken up you will either pay it or forfiet the phone plain and simple

I think you just want to argue. Normally I would be up for that but not today. Plus I already said I was done making points about this. Again the choice isn't mine because I don't have a kid in the district.

Slam, I bet you are right about 77.

Hard to pass a bond when some(alot) of the people in the community are not pleased with the school board or admin.  But back to the topic LCM FOOTBALL PROGRAM. It will not happen until some big changes are made on the school board and admin. LCM has the kids they just need someone that cares about them and teaches them football from Jr. High to High School. Best of luck to the Bears.

Some in the LCM community have not always agreed with a few of the decisions made by the board and administration, but you can say that about almost any district anywhere.  Football is king in Texas...that's plain, simple, and easy to understand.  Football and all other sports are extracurricular activities and enhance a kids high school years.  The school board's and administration's top priority and responsibility is to solidify the academic standings of the school district for the kids of that district.  They are up to standards on that.

The football program is definitely in trouble at LCM and the board certainly plays a part in correcting that, but it will take even the "right guy" a while to turn it around.  Why would a "quality coach" be drawn to LCM? 

I agree that the board and all of the administration have done a great job solidifying the academic standing at LCM. They should be commended for that.

I'm not sure you can draw a quality coach at this time. I may be wrong but I think you are going to have to get a young energetic maybe first time head coach to take the job. Maybe an alumni.

BINGO!

Now is when the board comes into play and it's their responsiblity to find the best possible person for the district.

BINGO!

Now is when the board comes into play and it's their responsiblity to find the best possible person for the district.

td for LCM school board  ;D

How as an adult that owns your child's cell phone do you pay the school $15 to get it back. I say if you want to put little Johnny or little Sally in SAC then do so but there is no way in he........ that I would pay a school to get back what is mine. Just my opinion.

If you don't pay the fee, you lose the phone.

A school district can ban all cell phones, pagers, etc. by students at any school event or school property. They can also dispose of the devices or charge up to a $15 fee to get it back.

You might not pay to get it back but how many cell phones do you feel like purchasing?

It has been explained that it is legal. That doesn't make it right. Let me say this again for all of you that aren't reading the whole thread. My children don't go to that school. It was a conversation about something that I didn't understand.

OK NOW, lets put this all to rest. looking down the road at lc-m there is not alot to smile much about,yes some big kids but with no SPEED and the type of football that is played now by much of the teams that are winning around thay are BIG and STRONG and LOTS OF SPEED.let look at vidor  BIG yes not slow this year like in the years past  i do belive thayplay power football just run it at you and see if you can stop them a few fast backs and wide out that can catch the ball and get it downfield.OK now back to lc-m you guys have alot of jrs on your team this year and if coach moody leaves and a new coach comes in he will bring a diffrent look and it will take time to do this.the best to you there in bear country in the years to come

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami