LC-M FOOTBALL PROGRAM

skipper

lc-m has 14 jrs on there football team this year,lets say moody GOES after this year is over. NOW lc-m brings a new coach how long will it take to get the  kids ready to play his style of football that he brings in.no matter who lc-m gets as there head coach its going to be a LONG DRY SPELL  in bear country. maybe  coach brooks might look at the job and get the OC from west orange stark ,both of them have worked togather should make a good pair.the KIDS at lc-m NEED to have someone thay can look up to

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lc-m has 14 jrs on there football team this year,lets say moody GOES after this year is over. NOW lc-m brings a new coach how long will it take to get the  kids ready to play his style of football that he brings in.no matter who lc-m gets as there head coach its going to be a LONG DRY SPELL  in bear country. maybe  coach brooks might look at the job and get the OC from west orange stark ,both of them have worked togather should make a good pair.the KIDS at lc-m NEED to have someone thay can look up to

Still trying to get rid of the WOS OC????  Saw a lot of that on this board last year.  What's up with that?  I'd say with the winning record WOS has he must be doing something right.

Man, my heart goes out to the players and the whole student body.

Having lived in Lumberton all my life I know what it's like to live with years of being on the 'losing end'. It's not fun  :-[

I hope, for the sake of the kids, that somehow they find a way to turn things around.

What's really sad for the seniors is that, except for last year, they really aren't use to losing.

In Junior High they went 4-2 and 7-1.  As Freshmen they went something like 4-3 (at worst they went .500).  As sophmores on JV they went 6-3 (Nederland game got rained out).

Too many good players didn't come back to play their junior and senior years.

And you can't blame the baseball program.  Most of the players on the junior high team who went baseball-only did that their freshmen year, so the football team was already playing without them their freshman and sophmore years and did well.

One of the players who went baseball-only his freshman year (or better put, didn't play football his freshman and sophmore year) didn't play football because he had Tommy John surgery.  He also happened to have been the quarterback.  And he was a good one.

What's really sad for the seniors is that, except for last year, they really aren't use to losing.

In Junior High they went 4-2 and 7-1.  As Freshmen they went something like 4-3 (at worst they went .500).  As sophmores on JV they went 6-3 (Nederland game got rained out).

And you can't blame the baseball program.  Most of the players on the junior high team who went baseball-only did that their freshmen year, so the football team was already playing without them their freshman and sophmore years and did well.

One of the players who went baseball-only his freshman year (or better put, didn't play football his freshman and sophmore year) didn't play football because he had Tommy John surgery.  He also happened to have been the quarterback.  And he was a good one.

When you lose 80% of your players by the time they are juniors and seniors that hurts. The starters could not get it done against the bulldogs second team. It is time to try something different when LCM finally started putting in some players that had not played until the last 4 or 5 minutes they where stopping the bulldogs. Why doesn't LCM use these guys and see what happens against the starters.

I have heard from some parents that the guys on the scout offense are averaging in practice against the starting defense 3 to for touchdowns a day. Why isn't the coaches letting these guys have a chance it cannot be any worse.

Ya'll can have him! He's to predictable and the Defense wins it most of the time for WO-S.

It's not good being predictable but defense is what ultimately wins championships.

For all of the offense that Dan Marino of the Dolphins, Dan Fouts of the Chargers (Air Coryell) and Peyton Manning of the Colts have generated, they have a staggering total of 1 Super Bowl ring between them.

Guest bearfan4life

It is very painful to see the Bear program in the shape it is in. When the current head coach leaves, how about bringing in someone that is familiar with the programs and the school, and community. There is a coach out there that is fits that mold, and has been successful as a head coach, and I feel could get that program back on track. The kids would play hard and would be tough both physically, and mentally. I just hope this thing gets turned around in a hurry.

Did some Bears players quit about mid week and then several more during or after the game Friday? I'm not wanting to start a rumor, just looking for the truth.

You're not wanting to start a rumor.... so you decided to do so to see if it was a rumor.

Uh huh.

Did some Bears players quit about mid week and then several more during or after the game Friday? I'm not wanting to start a rumor, just looking for the truth.

You're not wanting to start a rumor.... so you decided to do so to see if it was a rumor.

Uh huh.

If was coach Moody I would leave after this year, take my family and leave.  The only thing I ever read is finger pointing at Moody.  LCM has for the most point has always lost in football.  Maybe it is not just him.  I can tell you this I would not take that job for 100,000 dollars.  There is no support from community, parents, or the players.  Maybe just maybe if the so called grown ups would not always down the coach maybe they might win.  All the kids quiting is a joke, the parents sould be kicking the kids in the butt.

I sure hope LCM turns things around, I live in Mauriceville and would like for my son to play for a descent program, I was at Lumberton and I know going 0-10 sucks. As long as LCM was competetive it would be ok.

As for their program as long as they are not winning games it will be hard to keep those guys from going and playing baseball. LCM has a good baseball program and we all know we all want to win.

Moody may be a good coach but he just is not a good fit for the LCM kids. They need someone that can also adapt to a school system, it is not always easy to get in there and change the kids. It is easy though to take what you have and motivate them in the right direction. Maybe someone with a Psychology minor heeheehee. There are alot of good athletes there though just need that right person who can fit in. Good Luck Bears!! As a LCM school district taxpayer I hope we can get it going in the right direction. If not I might have to use my parents address and send the kids to L-town hahahah!! J/K That wouldn't be a bad thing though. 

When you lose 80% of your players by the time they are juniors and seniors that hurts. The starters could not get it done against the bulldogs second team. It is time to try something different when LCM finally started putting in some players that had not played until the last 4 or 5 minutes they where stopping the bulldogs. Why doesn't LCM use these guys and see what happens against the starters.

I have heard from some parents that the guys on the scout offense are averaging in practice against the starting defense 3 to for touchdowns a day. Why isn't the coaches letting these guys have a chance it cannot be any worse.

This is exactly what I stated earlier he did not vary from his original starters last year no matter how bad they preformed. Give the other players a chance also it gives the starters a reason to pick up their game. If there is no fear of losing your job(and there was'nt) there is no reason to play harder.jmo

Uh huh.

If was coach Moody I would leave after this year, take my family and leave.  The only thing I ever read is finger pointing at Moody.  LCM has for the most point has always lost in football.  Maybe it is not just him.  I can tell you this I would not take that job for 100,000 dollars.  There is no support from community, parents, or the players.  Maybe just maybe if the so called grown ups would not always down the coach maybe they might win.  All the kids quiting is a joke, the parents sould be kicking the kids in the butt.

I agree about quitting my kids were not allowed to quit anything once you start.  He is a good man with some good ideas and alot of energy with that being said I think he would make a great asst. coach. Just not ready to lead.

Uh huh.

While the Bears may not have been a football power, they weren't a doormat either.  It seems that this coach has lost the one thing any coach needs to have to have a chance in any football game...confidence in him by his players.  Many had already lost confidence in him as an AD, as he has treated every other sport in a shoddy way.  The improvements seen in other sport facilities were due to the coaches and parents coming together and providing "sweat equity" to improve those facilities.  There were roadblocks along the way from the athletic department, and the sweat equity provided by one coach in wonderfully improving his facilities just resulted in his dismissal on questionable grounds.

So, now, we can somewhat forgive this if the football team is at least competetive...but it isn't.  I know too many of those kids, and have seen their hard work...but I have not seen any motivation from the coaches.  I have seen predictability, and an entrenched attitude, that only his view is the correct one...

Maybe it is time for Coach Moody to leave...for the sake of the football team, and al other sports as well...

elhector1...you say that "we can somewhat forgive this if the football team is at least competitive"...this just after claiming that he has not performed his duties and has been a roadblock to the success/improvement of other athletic programs within the district...Maybe that's the problem at LC-M...It sounds like success on the field wipes away a lot of sin...In this case, there's just no "wiping" taking place.

I too hate to see a program struggling and I know little about the current situation at LC-M but I always get a little suspicious when a sleuth of fans start calling for the coach's resignation during a dry spell...I have seen many good coaches lose their jobs over the years due to a few "die-hard" fans when noone (not even Vince Lombardi) could have won with the talent base the coach had to work with. Sometimes, it's just not in the cards...

Wish ya'll well...Hope you come on and beat everyone in 20-4A, except the Raiders, of course!

Tell me though, if that happened, would you still be calling for Moody's head or would he be the Hero of LC-M?

elhector1...you say that "we can somewhat forgive this if the football team is at least competitive"...this just after claiming that he has not performed his duties and has been a roadblock to the success/improvement of other athletic programs within the district...Maybe that's the problem at LC-M...It sounds like success on the field wipes away a lot of sin...In this case, there's just no "wiping" taking place.

I too hate to see a program struggling and I know little about the current situation at LC-M but I always get a little suspicious when a sleuth of fans start calling for the coach's resignation during a dry spell...I have seen many good coaches lose their jobs over the years due to a few "die-hard" fans when noone (not even Vince Lombardi) could have won with the talent base the coach had to work with. Sometimes, it's just not in the cards...

Wish ya'll well...Hope you come on and beat everyone in 20-4A, except the Raiders, of course!

Tell me though, if that happened, would you still be calling for Moody's head or would he be the Hero of LC-M?

My apologies...I, personally, would like to see Coach Moody depart, based on the way he treated the other sports as an AD.  In that capacity, he has to keep an even and fair hand, and he has not.  Softball, a state championship winner, only got an upgrade to their facilities because of their former coach, after coach Bean, and not as a result of the athletic department.

My reference to the "forgiveness" about other sports being shortchanged is not necessarily mine, but rather most of the fans.  This is after all, Texas, and winnning football programs and coaches can pretty much do what they want.

As to the "dry spell"...having a streak of losses where the game was tight, and you were in it up until the last quarter at least, that to me is a "dry spell"...having your team embarrassed in the first half is not a dry spell...it's a failure of leadership, leadership that belongs at the top, with the head coach. 

elhector1....

Wow! Was worried I'd get lambasted for that one...Appreciate the fair response to what I feel is a legit opinion on my part...Also, the forgiveness quote has been proven time and again...all you need to do is look down the road to WO-S to find a successful coach who pretty much gets away with whatever...(even when he runs afoul of the UIL)...I know you're right on this but I don't have to like it. I like to win to but I'll take a good coach who instills the right qualities in his players over a "great" coach who may not do the same (not a reference to Hooks/never played for the man)...that's just me though.

On another note, I had the opportunity to cover LC-M during its playoff run several years ago when Ohmey (not sure if I spelled that right) was QB and LC-M was running the wishbone at will over its opponents. I liked the head coach (Was it Williams?) and felt he did a great job with the program but I remember him telling me that it actually started at the Youth level with a youth program that ran the wishbone. By the time the kids made it to high school, according to him, they had it down to a science and ran it flawlessly. Is this still the case or did LC-M finally abandon the wishbone? Just curious...

Anyway, don't mean to make light of the situation...I don't know Moody from Adam nor do I keep up with LC-M football...I simply (as already stated) have grown used to fans turning on the coach when times are bad so it has left a sour taste in my mouth....Maybe, in this case, it is time for a change...Not sure.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83