* Kirbyville vs. Shelbyville Updates/KIRBYVILLE WINS!!

Like running a reverse in the 3rd????

Alvarez is classless in his running up the score, but he wins.

are you kidding me? running up the score?

thats why we ran the ball the whole fourth quarter. and we even had our jv o-line with all back up backs and ur saying we ran up the score. if u werent at the game u just need to keep ur mouth closed. plus they deserved to have that many points scored on them after running to the center of our field before the game on our homecoming...thats classless.

Hmmm I remember someone doing the same thing at jasper couple of years ago. to include sliding on the midfield logo.  so you say thats classless? 

I believe that incident happened after the game not in front of thousands of fans. not to say we did not act childish. and they were punished for that.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I was not at this game, so I don't know the circumstances surrounding this whole ordeal, but just as a person who loves the game, there's a fine line between running up the score and a defense that just can't make a stop. Just as it is the offense's job to go score points, it is the defense's job to stop them, so you can't blame kids that want to prove themselves out on the field if the other teams defense can't stop them...

I was at the game, and Kirbyville could have put 100 on the board if Alvarez had wanted to.  Shelbyville was just overmatched.  Alvarez seemed to tone things down after the first quarter.  But you have to remember, you have to play your starters to keep them in shape.  After the IKE mess, they need playing time. And this isn't Pee Wee, it is the job of the defense to stop the offense.  No running up the score in this one.

I was at the game, and Kirbyville could have put 100 on the board if Alvarez had wanted to.  Shelbyville was just overmatched.  Alvarez seemed to tone things down after the first quarter.  But you have to remember, you have to play your starters to keep them in shape.  After the IKE mess, they need playing time. And this isn't Pee Wee, it is the job of the defense to stop the offense.  No running up the score in this one.

i agree with you. when you put your jv in thats when you plan to stop scoring, but you cant help it if they cant even stop your jv team too  ;D

Why this guy not get his post deleted????  They have one Jr. High Team that has 20 kids on it.  The numbers in Shelbyville are extremly low.  Its not because of Coach its because there arent a bunch of boys in the Junior class, Freshman, and 7thgrade.  You need to get your facts straight.  I had a post deleted that said I did not believe he ran up the score.  I just asked about the reverse.  I am was upset with the broadcasters more than anything.  Alson running to the middle of someones field is goofy, but acting like its a turf war is stupid.  Have pride in winning at home everyone does.  you can go to the middle of the field and do a rain dance.  Its not in the rules or even an unspoken rule. 

Guest kvillecheer

Why this guy not get his post deleted????  They have one Jr. High Team that has 20 kids on it.  The numbers in Shelbyville are extremly low.  Its not because of Coach its because there arent a bunch of boys in the Junior class, Freshman, and 7thgrade.  You need to get your facts straight.  I had a post deleted that said I did not believe he ran up the score.  I just asked about the reverse.  I am was upset with the broadcasters more than anything.  Alson running to the middle of someones field is goofy, but acting like its a turf war is stupid.  Have pride in winning at home everyone does.  you can go to the middle of the field and do a rain dance.  Its not in the rules or even an unspoken rule. 

WOW! Kirbyville fans are touchy... I really don't like to get involved in all this talk, but I couldn't resist. I want to welcome K'Ville back to the 2a Ranks, it's always nice to have the competition especially for a team who has been to the playoffs in all classifications, 1A, 2A and 3A. With respect to Shelbyville, A town who doesn't have a Jenny's Chicken, these boy's have been thrown into a very tuff disrict for a town of it's size and although I didn't witness the game, I'm sure these boys gave it their all, and just because they did a little dance at mid-field, why get so upset. I'm sure your team has never done anything like this before. I'm not sure about running the score up, because I wasn't there, but sometimes it can't be prevented no matter what the coach does. And to the fan who say's nobody is looking forward to playing them ;D, While there are still other teams to play and they must dealt with  1 at a time, I'm sure you can find at least 1 team eagerly awaiting the chance. :D

Guest kvillecheer

WOW! Kirbyville fans are touchy... I really don't like to get involved in all this talk, but I couldn't resist. I want to welcome K'Ville back to the 2a Ranks, it's always nice to have the competition especially for a team who has been to the playoffs in all classifications, 1A, 2A and 3A. With respect to Shelbyville, A town who doesn't have a Jenny's Chicken, these boy's have been thrown into a very tuff disrict for a town of it's size and although I didn't witness the game, I'm sure these boys gave it their all, and just because they did a little dance at mid-field, why get so upset. I'm sure your team has never done anything like this before. I'm not sure about running the score up, because I wasn't there, but sometimes it can't be prevented no matter what the coach does. And to the fan who say's nobody is looking forward to playing them ;D, While there are still other teams to play and they must dealt with  1 at a time, I'm sure you can find at least 1 team eagerly awaiting the chance. :D

Yeah I could tell their town was really small. I mean their band wasn't HALF the size of ours & they had grades 7-12? We only have 9-12 and were TRIPLE their size.

Their QB was pretty good and their runningbacks too. If they had a new line and maybe so more up-tight coaching.. It would make a huge difference for that team.

What is up tight coaching please fill me in?  Why would you ever say jungle monkey about kids ona website thats pretty unbelievable.  Whats really funny you mention coaching, and I would be willing to bet if Coach Alvarez wasn't winning you would say he needs to quit running the scat becuase it never works.  I laugh at how people act.

Guest kvillecheer

What is up tight coaching please fill me in?  Why would you ever say jungle monkey about kids ona website thats pretty unbelievable.  Whats really funny you mention coaching, and I would be willing to bet if Coach Alvarez wasn't winning you would say he needs to quit running the scat becuase it never works.  I laugh at how people act.

Yeah I laught at how people act too. Like you for instance.

But allow me to explain myslef. I said "up-tight" coaching so that it might sound a little bit nicer than saying "they need new coaches. the one's they have now are no good" thats why "up-tight" sounds better.

When kids act like "monkeys" they get called "monkeys". Its nothing racial or totally rude. I'm just simply meaning they were jumping around acting like they owned the place. There was no need for all that. Not on our turf, on our homecoming. It was down right rude and disrespectful. But thats okey cause we beat the snot out of them and maybe now they know that should play more difficult PRE-district games.

For your information. I probably would NEVER say anything about Coach Alverez. He is a great person and it seems like he knows what he is doing and the last thing he needs is MY opinion.

Well I am just going to say that in my opinon running to the center of someones feild and jumping on their school mascot is very direspectful! This is frowned apon by me and dont don't know how you all feel about it but its just down right disrespectful in my opinon. Now calling any one "Jungle Monkeys" thats uncalled for. I agree they were in the wrong but show some sort of sportsmanship and let it go yall one and yall one by alot. On the point of running the score up they can't help that the teams Defense wasnt prepared enough to play with Kirbyvilles JV offense. Now does everyone see that Kirbyville is ready for any team that is thrown at them.

Like running a reverse in the 3rd????

Alvarez is classless in his running up the score, but he wins.

Alvarez is the most classy coach in this area. yes it was the JV putting up points!! and let me tell you something, Shelbyville deserved everthing they got plus more. not only did they run to the middle of the field and huddle around the wildcat pitcher, but they cancelled their 7Th, 8Th, Fres., and JV district games, told kirbyville that they did not have any teams, and went and played another team leaving kirbyville without games.... They deserved 100 put on them!!!!!

Our main play by play guy is in Philly, PA...Adam, who's doin play by play tonite is the actual color guy...we should have full crew again next week...

btw...kirbyville's train horn is to blame for the loss of cell connection....definitely a first for me...

so I apologize for the difficulties...they'll be worked out by next week

sorry, i didn't realize it was the setxsports guys or i wouldn't have said anything.  it sounds like 2 color guys actually :)

Sorry to most of you who listened to the game with all the problems...At many times we didn't know whether we were on the air or not so we did what we thought we should do and kept going!  Hence the reason you heard so many plugs for sponsors.  I tried to recap as much as possible.  Everytime we lost signal is when Kville scored!  Again, myself and the play by play guy will be back in action next week.  Hope you all tune in.

kirbyville does need to make a lil smarter defense though.

shelbyville did alot of very smart plays throwing right at #10.

any little bit of a better passing team and they will capitalize quick and often.

undersized, slower, and not near as smart or seasoned hurts when u play good

teams. SEVERAL plays this was obvious

Lefty99...Thanks for the job you do or at least "try" to do...modern technology can be a bummer...Don't let all of the complaining get to you...

Thanks...Broadcasting games is a blast and tough all in one!  This was only my second game to call and my first as the play by play as I've said.  Next week I'll be back at color where I am best at...as for the complaints I laugh at them because those that complain(aka: armchair qb's/backseat drivers) couldn't do any better! ;D 

Guest txrailcat74

Lefty99...Thanks for the job you do or at least "try" to do...modern technology can be a bummer...Don't let all of the complaining get to you...

Thanks...Broadcasting games is a blast and tough all in one!  This was only my second game to call and my first as the play by play as I've said.  Next week I'll be back at color where I am best at...as for the complaints I laugh at them because those that complain(aka: armchair qb's/backseat drivers) couldn't do any better! ;D 

I really do appreciate the broadcasts. I know that circumstances arise which does interfere with internet connections. I've had my share of'em. I however, have no clue as to all the work that goes on behind the scenes. The one hand holding the antenna, tongue holding the battery, and the foot kicking everything else, lol. Thanks again guys.

[move]Go Wildcats!!![/move]

I really do appreciate the broadcasts. I know that circumstances arise which does interfere with internet connections. I've had my share of'em. I however, have no clue as to all the work that goes on behind the scenes. The one hand holding the antenna, tongue holding the battery, and the foot kicking everything else, lol. Thanks again guys.

[move]Go Wildcats!!![/move]

You are exactly right ;D

Nobody ran up the score.  It's a football game.  You try to score while the other team tries to stop you and vica versa.  It's a game.  It was comical that Shelbyville went to the 50 and stomped on the Wildcat head and taunting the Wildcats who were alread on the sideline getting ready for the national anthem!  It's all harmless.  I think it just adds to the run and excitement of the game.  There was a reverse in the 3rd quarter from the Wing position which is all part of the Wing-T offense. 

Again, it's a game.  If you can't stop the other team it's going to be a long night.  And if you can't even stop the second team in the fourth quarter it's going to be a really really long night.  Kirbyville couldn't help scoring.

Anyway, best of luck to Shelbyville the rest of the year.  They still have a shot for that third spot.

they did have pretty good size (shelbyville) and when they play someone not quite as good on defense their offense will have a good bit of explosive plays and with not so good a offense their defense will look alot better as well.

they have not played good teams is the problem. 3 1A teams that are not very good, a winless trinity team and huntington? 5-0 is 5-0 and they did that. congrats. now they're at 5-1 and could very well make it 8-2 regular season record. good luck to the dragons.

Is this team the eager eagles?? This is game I will have to see. I look for it to be a well played game with lots of touchdowns on both sides of the ball. Kirbyville would have to be my pick to win. I have been watchin them close this year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder