20-4A after 2 weeks

toughest 4A district in the state

I agree with Nederland Bulldogs, and its not even close... Take a look at 13-4A...

13-4A: Hallsville, Longview, Longview Pine Tree, Marshall, Mount Pleasant, Sulphur Springs, Texas High

I dont know if any team in 20-4A could make the playoffs if you added them to that district...

Man, that's one heck of a district!  We'd have a hard time there, but believe we could hold our own.

NDNWarrior, Nederland did have trouble with Central... but ONLY while Suggs was there.  He ain't there no more, don't see that history playing into it.  They may win, but it won't be due to the history of who's had trouble with who.  Like Burnett can't beat Neumann and Neumann couldn't beat Suggs.... etc.

PNG is lucky Bellows was a little off Saturday night. He missed several wide open receivers on deep routes and he normally doesn't miss on the deep passes. People don't realize how hard it will be to stop Nederland with the offense they have in place. They come at a defense from every angle, all they needed was some sort of decent running game and they found one in Grogan, a good one, and Bellows great to see him carry the ball also. PNG is still a good team as some of you will find out, and they had no answers. Central has a running game and a sound defense, but Nederland's WR's run great rts, it will be hard for Central to stay with our WR's and help contain Grogan. Central better control the ball with their running game better than PNG did or they won't  keep our offense from putting up points either.

In Order:

1. Nederland

2. PNG

3. Central

4. Vidor

PNG is lucky Bellows was a little off Saturday night. He missed several wide open receivers on deep routes and he normally doesn't miss on the deep passes. People don't realize how hard it will be to stop Nederland with the offense they have in place. They come at a defense from every angle, all they needed was some sort of decent running game and they found one in Grogan, a good one, and Bellows great to see him carry the ball also. PNG is still a good team as some of you will find out, and they had no answers. Central has a running game and a sound defense, but Nederland's WR's run great rts, it will be hard for Central to stay with our WR's and help contain Grogan. Central better control the ball with their running game better than PNG did or they won't  keep our offense from putting up points either.

In Order:

1. Nederland

2. PNG

3. Central

4. Vidor

u really think centrals corners can't hang with yall's receivers?

NDNWarrior, Nederland did have trouble with Central... but ONLY while Suggs was there.  He ain't there no more, don't see that history playing into it.  They may win, but it won't be due to the history of who's had trouble with who.  Like Burnett can't beat Neumann and Neumann couldn't beat Suggs.... etc.

Wrong.  We beat yall in 2002 and 2003 (Suggs era) true.  MC dodged the maroon bullet in 2005 thanks to Rita and we crushed yall like a can in 2006 (under Stowers).  Point is that we seem to have yall's number no matter who is at the helm...

If all my picks are correct after week three it will look like this:

Nederland -------- 3 - 0

Central ----------  2 - 1

PNG -------------  2 - 1

Vidor ------------  2 - 1

Lumberton ------  2 - 1

Livingston -------  1 - 2

Ozen ------------  0 - 3

LCM -------------  0 - 3

Thats five teams pushing hard for four spots. Fun stuff!

i say it is narrowed down to 4 teams, sorry lumberton, i think central is gonna getcha

Sorry VP, I still think in the end it will be

Lumberton

PNG

Central

Nederland

althoughI'm not sure of the order anymore as of yet.

Wrong.  We beat yall in 2002 and 2003 (Suggs era) true.  MC dodged the maroon bullet in 2005 thanks to Rita and we crushed yall like a can in 2006 (under Stowers).  Point is that we seem to have yall's number no matter who is at the helm...

We own Nederland 6 out of 8. 6 & 2 is not bad. Worse lost is to a Stowers team

We own Nederland 6 out of 8. 6 & 8 is not bad. Worse lost is a Stowers team

Would've been 7-8 times.  They wanted non of the 2005 team either...  Like I said, Dodged the bullet!  ;D ;D

In Order:

1. Nederland

2. PNG

3. Central

4. Vidor

I think what he is saying is that now with Grogan toting the pigskin, that you can stop the pass, but not the run or vise versa. I think everyone in Nederland knows that Central has the athletes to go toe to toe with their wideouts, but in order to do so you have to play more DB's and be less physical up front, which doesn't bode well against Nederlands OLine and Grogan. PNG did a very good job on Cardenas and Brady, but we couldn't get pressure on Bellows because of the new found running attack and he found some of his other options open.

Thanks Badndn, I know Central's DB's can run with any wr's around, but you have to pick your poison. This doesn't mean I think Nederland will win state, just means Nederland's offense will be hard to stop.

I was impressed with PNG's pass offense, although a little inconsistant. Needs more imagination

but the QB makes good throws and the recievers are pretty good.

I will give you that Central has had Nederland's number more often than not, Soulja, but if you are going to bring up history, then don't leave last season out...Nederland laid a pretty good thumpin on your Jags last year...granted, that was not one of Central's best teams, but nor was it one of Nederland's best...this years game will be huge and I think a much more hotly contested game...Central appers to be on a roll now.

First things first, though...both teams have important games this Friday.

I will give you that Central has had Nederland's number more often than not, Soulja, but if you are going to bring up history, then don't leave last season out...Nederland laid a pretty good thumpin on your Jags last year...granted, that was not one of Central's best teams, but nor was it one of Nederland's best...this years game will be huge and I think a much more hotly contested game...Central appers to be on a roll now.

You're good.  That is why I didn't mention last years team.  And I agree that last year's Bulldog team wasn't one of your best.  yall did smash us pretty good there in the first half.  Hey, we did crank it up a notch and held that offense to 3 points in the second half. 

I just hope that both teams win in order to set up that district unbeaten showdown!

You're good.  That is why I didn't mention last years team.  And I agree that last year's Bulldog team wasn't one of your best.  yall did smash us pretty good there in the first half.  Hey, we did crank it up a notch and held that offense to 3 points in the second half. 

I just hope that both teams win in order to set up that district unbeaten showdown!

As do I...you know I got to keep you honest there Soulja!  This year's game should be a real good one IMO...both teams seem to be playing real well and both will be well prepared for sure.

PNG is lucky Bellows was a little off Saturday night. He missed several wide open receivers on deep routes and he normally doesn't miss on the deep passes. People don't realize how hard it will be to stop Nederland with the offense they have in place. They come at a defense from every angle, all they needed was some sort of decent running game and they found one in Grogan, a good one, and Bellows great to see him carry the ball also. PNG is still a good team as some of you will find out, and they had no answers. Central has a running game and a sound defense, but Nederland's WR's run great rts, it will be hard for Central to stay with our WR's and help contain Grogan. Central better control the ball with their running game better than PNG did or they won't keep our offense from putting up points either.

In Order:

1. Nederland

2. PNG

3. Central

4. Vidor

I think what he is saying is that now with Grogan toting the pigskin, that you can stop the pass, but not the run or vise versa. I think everyone in Nederland knows that Central has the athletes to go toe to toe with their wideouts, but in order to do so you have to play more DB's and be less physical up front, which doesn't bode well against Nederlands OLine and Grogan. PNG did a very good job on Cardenas and Brady, but we couldn't get pressure on Bellows because of the new found running attack and he found some of his other options open.

ahh, ok thanks

ill give it to ya

grogan is a complete and total beast at rb

but central does have some big boys on their d line now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder