Jasper 14 Silsbee 0 Final/Comments

The one when the Tigers were at the Bulldogs's 3 yard line really hurt, ended up being a loss of 25 yards, Silsbee squandered a great scoring opportunity.

I have not really said much about that play, but a spread shotgun formation at the 3? ??? After the awesome Tiger play that got it at the 3 I was hoping Castle would go in under center and run up the middle.  We ran a play against Kelly last week when we turned it over at the goalline.  Is this what happened to WOS in the playoffs 2 seasons ago?

At any rate the defense has greatly improved in rush defense.  The pass defense is still a little suspect but things are improving.

"I very rarely discredit a team for winning a game, but in this case, this was more of Silsbee losing the game and Jasper being the beneficiary. Tough, tough loss"

I disagree. I think the pressure that Jasper's defense caused alot of the mistakes that you talk about. The QB never had a chance to set his feet and throw all night. The rush from Jasper was constant. When you are constantly being pressured, it forces you to rush things and make mistakes. Overall, good win for the Dawgs.

"I very rarely discredit a team for winning a game, but in this case, this was more of Silsbee losing the game and Jasper being the beneficiary. Tough, tough loss"

I disagree. I think the pressure that Jasper's defense caused alot of the mistakes that you talk about. The QB never had a chance to set his feet and throw all night. The rush from Jasper was constant. When you are constantly being pressured, it forces you to rush things and make mistakes. Overall, good win for the Dawgs.

Wrong. The only time Jasper applied pressure to Johnson was when the bad snaps happened. These were the only times he was "sacked" or dropped for a loss. Jeremy had plenty of time to throw the ball when he got good snaps. I agree that the Jasper secondary played well in coverage, but Jasper only was able to get to Johnson a couple of times. What Jasper's defense did do though was not allow Johnson to break a long run. They kept him contained in that aspect. Like I mentioned before, the 70 or 80 yards of losses from the bad snaps kept Jeremy's rushing stats so low, not the Jasper pressure.

Were you watching the same game as me? Yes, the bad snaps hurt you, but that may have been in part due to Jasper's Nose guard being one of the best in the area. Like I said before, you rush things when you are under pressure. The center had to rush the snap in order to block the NG. As far as sacks go, you are not going to sack a QB like yours very often. He is just too slippery. The pressure I'm talking about is having someone in your face forcing you to scramble. He never got a chance to set his feet and establish a rhythm.

Wrong. The only time Jasper applied pressure to Johnson was when the bad snaps happened. These were the only times he was "sacked" or dropped for a loss. Jeremy had plenty of time to throw the ball when he got good snaps. I agree that the Jasper secondary played well in coverage, but Jasper only was able to get to Johnson a couple of times. What Jasper's defense did do though was not allow Johnson to break a long run. They kept him contained in that aspect. Like I mentioned before, the 70 or 80 yards of losses from the bad snaps kept Jeremy's rushing stats so low, not the Jasper pressure.

I think you need to think about the different kinds of pressure a defense can put on an offense. Could it be that the center from Silsbee was trying to block two very good defensive tackles and that caused the bad snaps? And if that is possible would that be a case of Jasper putting pressure on the Silsbee offense? Just give credit where credit is due. Yes Silsbee lost, but not because they beat themselves as some would suggest, but because of PRESSURE put on by the Defense. Great Job Jasper. Keep Things rolling up there.

Guest Silsbee88

I think you need to think about the different kinds of pressure a defense can put on an offense. Could it be that the center from Silsbee was trying to block two very good defensive tackles and that caused the bad snaps? And if that is possible would that be a case of Jasper putting pressure on the Silsbee offense? Just give credit where credit is due. Yes Silsbee lost, but not because they beat themselves as some would suggest, but because of PRESSURE put on by the Defense. Great Job Jasper. Keep Things rolling up there.

OK.......I was not going to say anything but lets get real.....your defensive line created very little pressure for our QB!  Like Aggies stated the only time the Jasper defense created any discomfort for Johnson was when he was dealt a bad snap!!!!  I also hope that our center was not blocking TWO VERY GOOD TACKLES from Jasper, because if he was blocking two tackles then he did one heck of a job!!!!!! 

OK.......I was not going to say anything but lets get real.....your defensive line created very little pressure for our QB!  Like Aggies stated the only time the Jasper defense created any discomfort for Johnson was when he was dealt a bad snap!!!!  I also hope that our center was not blocking TWO VERY GOOD TACKLES from Jasper, because if he was blocking two tackles then he did one heck of a job!!!!!! 

Jasper's D did a good job on Johnson our QB was running all night as well so i quess D.B. was the better QB that Night.

Guest Silsbee88

Jasper's D did a good job on Johnson our QB was running all night as well so i quess D.B. was the better QB that Night.

MAN......WHERE WERE YOU!!!!!  You were not at the game I saw, Bailey had a total of 19 yrds of rushing offense......that really sounds like he ran all night!!!!  I think that was 1.5 avg per carry???????  RUN FOREST RUN!!!!!!!!!  Silsbee beat themselves!!! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder