WOS Achievements Monument

What is going on with the huge sign at the WOS Highschool field that represents all of their accomplishments, opposite the scoreboard.  When I was at the WOS-LCM game it had several panels missing.  I drove by there today and it has several more missing.  It also appears that it has not been updated for a few years.  Come to think of it what used to be a great 5A stadium is now begining to look like a sub-par 3A stadium.  They really need to do some work around there. If you are going to sport one of the best football programs in the STATE, you should let you school and stadium reflect that when people come to visit.  JMO

I have heard this complaint from others.  The sign was messed up in Humberto LAST YEAR and was not fixed.  Maybe there will be enough hurricane money to fix it THIS year!

I personally went and talked to Dr. Collins myself before the season and asked about that sign and the sign on the press box. He assured me that they would both be fixed. He said they were going to wait on the bond money but instead he agreed with me and said it should be done now. I told him if he couldn't get it done to let me know and I felt like I could get it done but we wanted the signs fixed before the start of the season. The one on the press box did get fixed but not the other one. So if Dr. Collins reads this board like they say he does then he can call me. My name is Tony Dallas and my number is 409-882-1943. I had the conversation in his office and that is exactly how it went.

Guest bucwheat

Maybe this is something the alumni can get together and take care of..I know it's not there responsibility..BUT it would make the current kids feel good about the WOS grads still taking pride in there facilities, and there town.then they could see that that is the right thing to do ,so when they graduate they could do the same ..

Just an idea..

Maybe this is something the alumni can get together and take care of..I know it's not there responsibility..BUT it would make the current kids feel good about the WOS grads still taking pride in there facilities, and there town.then they could see that that is the right thing to do ,so when they graduate they could do the same ..

Just an idea..

I was thinking this could be a booster club responsibility. Let the club raise the money to fix it and let the school use their funds where it's more needed.

Just my 2 cents.

Just an idea..

I was thinking this could be a booster club responsibility. Let the club raise the money to fix it and let the school use their funds where it's more needed.

Just my 2 cents.

I told him I would and could get it done. He said he would take care of it. All I needed was the school to work with me. I didn't need anything other than information from them. Exactly what the piece said that needed to be replaced. Who built it in the first place, etc... I offered to take care of the rest. Now there is more damage to the sign.

Guest bucwheat

Just an idea..

Just my 2 cents.

I told him I would and could get it done. He said he would take care of it. All I needed was the school to work with me. I didn't need anything other than information from them. Exactly what the piece said that needed to be replaced. Who built it in the first place, etc... I offered to take care of the rest. Now there is more damage to the sign.

well hate to hear that..

most of the time you don't have people to help out ,and then when you do its the other way around. I would stay on him though..hold him to his word and make it where them kids are proud of there facilities.

Just an idea..

Just my 2 cents.

well hate to hear that..

most of the time you don't have people to help out ,and then when you do its the other way around. I would stay on him though..hold him to his word and make it where them kids are proud of there facilities.

The problem is there is an easy "out" now. We need to spend the money on the school that was flooded. We need to spend it on this or that. It's hard to argue now.

Just an idea..

Just my 2 cents.

well hate to hear that..

The problem is there is an easy "out" now. We need to spend the money on the school that was flooded. We need to spend it on this or that. It's hard to argue now.

That's why I was suggesting the booster club take care of it. Just take the "bull by the horns" and do it. Although I do realize that's easier said than done. :(

There is no booster club and has not been for the last couple of years.  For what it's worth, I heard the Spectrum Co. was the original builder and Coach Hooks' secretary has the info.

I will call her today. This is a chance for all former Mustangs to step up to the plate. I will find a way to get it done but it will be easier and faster with help. I'm sure it won't be free. If you have an interest in helping my number is 882-1943 feel free to call me. We can't all give everything but we all can give something. Here is your opportunity Mustangs, either sit on the sidelines and pi$$ and moan about things or get involved and help fix the problems. You can also pm me.

There is no booster club and has not been for the last couple of years.  For what it's worth, I heard the Spectrum Co. was the original builder and Coach Hooks' secretary has the info.

No booster club??? WOW!  I recently moved back to the area after nearly 20 years of being away and did not know this. Hard forme to believe, things sure have changed since I went to WOS.

I will call her today. This is a chance for all former Mustangs to step up to the plate. I will find a way to get it done but it will be easier and faster with help. I'm sure it won't be free. If you have an interest in helping my number is 882-1943 feel free to call me. We can't all give everything but we all can give something. Here is your opportunity Mustangs, either sit on the sidelines and pi$$ and moan about things or get involved and help fix the problems. You can also pm me.

T, when you talk to the secretary, call me and let me know what we need to do.

Now, the biggest problem I have with this is that, if insurance money was paid to repair the sign then it should have been spent to repair the sign. Not spent ANYWHERE else. Also, wasn't there like 1.5 million dollars of that bond for updating and REPAIRS TO THE STADIUM? I would think that the sign in the stadium would fall under that. Sure is a lot of fishy crap going on...

The sign was blown down during Humberto. My guess is there wasn't enough damage to even file a claim and that is also what other people thought that I talked to. Now there is another panel down. I am going to call the company that originally built the sign and see what I can find out.

T, when you talk to the secretary, call me and let me know what we need to do.

Now, the biggest problem I have with this is that, if insurance money was paid to repair the sign then it should have been spent to repair the sign. Not spent ANYWHERE else. Also, wasn't there like 1.5 million dollars of that bond for updating and REPAIRS TO THE STADIUM? I would think that the sign in the stadium would fall under that. Sure is a lot of fishy crap going on...

Whwn you start talking about this much money, things always start smellin fishy...no matter what the issue is..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder