After 2 Weeks Who Do You See In 20 4A Making The Top 4?

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Nederland hasn't lined up against Kelly in years, the only reason they did this year was because Nederland thought they had scheduled Silsbee but Silsbee had scheduled Kelly, it was to late for Nederland to find another opponate so Silsbee and Kelly invited Nederland to play a 3-way scrimmage. I'm not the shapest tool around, but I can't remember Nederland playing Kelly at all.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to tell you, man but this ain't the Central team from last year.  I know you remember the Central team that handed your behinds back in 2006.  This is something like that team.

WO-S is a good team.  But they don't have enough horses to beat us for a full game.

by the time png and central play nov 7(possibly for the DC), both teams will be at full speed.. there will be no thumping on either side my friend.. but since u bring up 2006, lets bring up last season

PNG-42

Central-21

Thump

That was the the second most points that we put up last year even thought we was down.  Nevertheless, OUCH!!!  :o

Hate to tell you, man but this ain't the Central team from last year.  I know you remember the Central team that handed your behinds back in 2006.  This is something like that team.

WO-S is a good team.  But they don't have enough horses to beat us for a full game.

by the time png and central play nov 7(possibly for the DC), both teams will be at full speed.. there will be no thumping on either side my friend.. but since u bring up 2006, lets bring up last season

PNG-42

Central-21

Thump

That was the the second most points that we put up last year even thought we was down.  Nevertheless, OUCH!!!   :o

This year's game will be a strong match up...however...just to keep it real 06 (35-0, correct me on the score, if I'm wrong) y'all were dominated vs 07 were you got us but we were close!

1. Nederland

2. PNG

3. Central

4. Vidor,Lumberton, Livingston

Do not count Nederland out of first as the preseason rankings predicted, they started the season against a very fast WOS team and without at least 3 of their starters.

Yes, but they are a 3a school.  A avg/good 4a school should beat a GREAT 3a school.

As much as I dislike Hooks and his teams, you have to respect the powerhouse that West Orange is, I'm wondering if Layingemdown has ever seen them play. The Mustangs can hold there own with any 4-a team in the area, as they are one of the largest if not the largest 3-a schools around here. Remember they only miss 4-a status by a few students. I personally will be happy when people realize that Lumberton will be in the playoffs for several years to come, my pick:

1. or 2. PNG

1. or. 2 Lumberton

3. Vidor

4. Central

And win or lose I want to see Lumberton play WOS again in the near future, I think we can pull one out on them.

1. Nederland

2. PNG

3. Central

4. Vidor,Lumberton, Livingston

Do not count Nederland out of first as the preseason rankings predicted, they started the season against a very fast WOS team and without at least 3 of their starters.

What do you think Central is?  Man you guys are out of site!  Lumberton has to beat a 4A opponebt before I give them props.  Ozen has to win a game before they cross my mind. So right now I see this. WHo has seen Livingston?  Right now this is how I see it since Ned can't stop the run!...

Central

PNG

Vidor

NED

Barbers Hill is 4A

Not only are they 4-A but PNG squeaked by them, Lumberton just left a grease spot on the field.......Livingston from my understanding was in a pretty soft district last year, I think they won't even make the post-season this year.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

You know, I keep wondering why everybody is thinking PNG is a lock to finish 1 or 2. This is not a knock on PNG, but besides having some heart to pull out a couple of last min wins I haven't seen or heard of them being dominant or very impressive in either of their 2 games. They could very easily be 0-2 right now & we wouldn't even be having this conversation. I know they have a decent offense but their D...I don't know  ???

Boy don't these predictions crack me up. Kids will be kids. It's hard to predict what any of our teams will do when district starts. When Nederland was high on winning disttict a few years ago, we surprised them with a 20-0 spanking. And they were considered a top team then. Lumberton shocked everyone last year, even their Raider faithfuls. I'm sure they were hoping for the best but last year exceeded their expectations, lets be real about it. And who would have concocked a Lumberton upset of Dayton.

So I say Lets wait for District starts. The proof will be in the puddin. ;D

1. PN-G - More team speed then I have ever seen on the Indians.

2. Lumberton - Tough kids will be contenders year in and year out from now on.

3. Central - Good talent and speed usually give the Indians trouble.

4. Nederland - If they get the spread rolling, QB and receivers are very talented. They will outscore teams in district.

Honorable Mention - Livingston and Ozen but niether can beat the top three.

1. PN-G - More team speed then I have ever seen on the Indians.

2. Lumberton - Tough kids will be contenders year in and year out from now on.

3. Central - Good talent and speed usually give the Indians trouble.

4. Nederland - If they get the spread rolling, QB and receivers are very talented. They will outscore teams in district.

Honorable Mention - Livingston and Ozen but niether can beat the top three.

Ned cant run and cant stop the run, you beat up on their QB like we did last year and you got it made, but i still think they make it

PNG-42

Central-21

Thump

That was the the second most points that we put up last year even thought we was down.  Nevertheless, OUCH!!!   :o

That is because your coach finally got his head outta his beeeep, and put Hall at running back.  Had he been there all year, ya'll woulda been totally different.

Boy don't these predictions crack me up. Kids will be kids. It's hard to predict what any of our teams will do when district starts. When Nederland was high on winning disttict a few years ago, we surprised them with a 20-0 spanking. And they were considered a top team then. Lumberton shocked everyone last year, even their Raider faithfuls. I'm sure they were hoping for the best but last year exceeded their expectations, lets be real about it. And who would have concocked a Lumberton upset of Dayton.

When you beat Dayton, it wasnt an upset.  They were horrible at that time.  If you would have made it one more week and then have beaten Dayton, that would have been an upset.  But, that would not have happened.

This may be the smartest post I have head on this topic... And look... It came from a Jag!

PNG-42

Central-21

Thump

That is because your coach finally got his head outta his beeeep, and put Hall at running back.  Had he been there all year, ya'll woulda been totally different.

What are you talking about?  Hall was at RB all hear... :-\

OK! I think its time someone spray odor killer on the stink that was 2007 Central's season. Boy did they stink it up.  Biggest problem was the biggest O-line that we have had in years. They were young with only 2 seniors and the zone read blocking scheme is a difficult one to learn.  They are big again this year but the blocking scheme has been simplified in the passing game and is basic in the running game so that is not as much of an issue this year.

Second problem was the coaching staff's unwillingness to make adjustments.  Last years QB was not a zone read QB.  Honestly I don't think he should have been on the field at all (sorry if his family is on this site but it is just my opinion) and his stats proved it.  He was not a running threat which is the key to the zone read.  So everyone just keyed on Hall.  The QB this year was second string last year and probably should have started second half of the season to gain experience.  But he is better and will complete a pass when the coach finally calls his number.  Central is 85% run and 15% pass.

Third is that they gave up on the season.  Once the kids began to lose the effort started to take a nose dive.  The defense stayed on the field too much and that affected their ability to be effective.  This year that won't be a problem, their first drive against Brook took 10 minutes to go 75 yards.

This years Jag team is a different team.  The QB is better, the blocking is better, and the defense is better and it doesn't spend alot of time on the field.  Nobody is going both ways so everyone is fresh.  And they may be the biggest team in the district with maybe  Lumberton. There are still two real issues.  One is the TO (fumbling) which I hope will improve over the course of the year.  The other is that there is not a star at running back.  At best Central RBs are average.  But between the QB and the three RBs they will rack-up some yards.  The last observation I have is that no secondary in this district will be able to contain the recievers if the OC allows the QB to throw.  

PNG-42

Central-21

Thump

I was at the PNG vs Central game last year and Stowers had Hall playing WR the entire first half. It wasnt until at some point in the 3rd Qtr that Hall lined up at RB. It wasnt a suprise that Central started putting up some points after that.

PNG-42

Central-21

Thump

I was at the PNG vs Central game last year and Stowers had Hall playing WR the entire first half. It wasnt until at some point in the 3rd Qtr that Hall lined up at RB. It wasnt a suprise that Central started putting up some points after that.

I feel like Lee Corso.."Not so fast there Bucko," Hall scored a TD in the 1st quarter at RB (I think he had two for the game)...and he played that position all season long...He was an H-Back...Hybrid dude...WR-slash-RB-slash-QB-DB.  Maybe it was too much for him or as I already know...he was more concerned with other things!  Hall was apart of the reason for our sluggish play!  He's a great young man who didn't "Git R Dun!"

OK! I think its time someone spray odor killer on the stink that was 2007 Central's season. Boy did they stink it up.  Biggest problem was the biggest O-line that we have had in years. They were young with only 2 seniors and the zone read blocking scheme is a difficult one to learn.  They are big again this year but the blocking scheme has been simplified in the passing game and is basic in the running game so that is not as much of an issue this year.

Second problem was the coaching staff's unwillingness to make adjustments.  Last years QB was not a zone read QB.  Honestly I don't think he should have been on the field at all (sorry if his family is on this site but it is just my opinion) and his stats proved it.  He was not a running threat which is the key to the zone read.  So everyone just keyed on Hall.  The QB this year was second string last year and probably should have started second half of the season to gain experience.  But he is better and will complete a pass when the coach finally calls his number.  Central is 85% run and 15% pass.

Third is that they gave up on the season.  Once the kids began to lose the effort started to take a nose dive.  The defense stayed on the field too much and that affected their ability to be effective.  This year that won't be a problem, their first drive against Brook took 10 minutes to go 75 yards.

This years Jag team is a different team.  The QB is better, the blocking is better, and the defense is better and it doesn't spend alot of time on the field.  Nobody is going both ways so everyone is fresh.  And they may be the biggest team in the district with maybe  Lumberton. There are still two real issues.  One is the TO (fumbling) which I hope will improve over the course of the year.  The other is that there is not a star at running back.  At best Central RBs are average.  But between the QB and the three RBs they will rack-up some yards.  The last observation I have is that no secondary in this district will be able to contain the recievers if the OC allows the QB to throw.  

I feel what you're say Short...but I can't agree on all parts there!  Yes the OL was very young and inexperienced!  They had 3 juniors (two of which were 1st time varsity players) and 1 soph (the center)...so I can give you that.  I thought the zone read was a good offense to run, just the QB tried to force so things...I think he felt, he need to takeover the game rather than manage it.  This years dude was too immature last season...he's done some real growing up over the summer and right now show that even it Spikes would have stayed...Richard would be the man! 

I'll give you a little inside info...if we play this week...expect to see a star in the backfield!

Were we missing a kid the first two games?

They were there against PA and the LM scrimmage...however as I stated in an earlier post...Stowers used his nickel package against the spread teams...during the Lamarque scrimmage we were real vanilla and didn't show a whole lot! (I know you already knew that)...remember PA was held to 150 total yds...only 74yds rushing for the team!

PNG-42

Central-21

Thump

I feel like Lee Corso.."Not so fast there Bucko," Hall scored a TD in the 1st quarter at RB (I think he had two for the game)...and he played that position all season long...He was an H-Back...Hybrid dude...WR-slash-RB-slash-QB-DB.  Maybe it was too much for him or as I already know...he was more concerned with other things!  Hall was apart of the reason for our sluggish play!  He's a great young man who didn't "Git R Dun!"

nope.

He played a few snaps at RB in the 1st half including a TD run but 95% of his plays were at WR. call it a hybrid or whatever you want but he wasnt behind the QB playing RB consistantly until the 2nd half of the ballgame.

PNG-42

Central-21

Thump

nope.

He played a few snaps at RB in the 1st half including a TD run but 95% of his plays were at WR. call it a hybrid or whatever you want but he wasnt behind the QB playing RB consistantly until the 2nd half of the ballgame.

Because he didn't hit the hole downfield!  He wanted to stretch and bounce everything!  That was the reason they moved to the Offense they were in against Dayton, PNG, and Ozen which was a precursor to what they do now!  After he broke that ankle in 2006...he wasn't the same kid!  Just look at what he did in track!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476