* Lumberton vs. BH Updates/24-7 Lumberton Wins/Comments*

KFDM COOP

I tell you what ,there are some great kids a Barbers Hill and I put all the blame on the COACHES for this game and last week for not going for it on Fourth down.

Why not blame them they only win ninety percent of their games.  ???

Against who ???? Playoffs is what counts, BH has been in weak districts for the past nine years! Once BH steps in the playoffs we are horribly out coached.

Why are you guys so emotional? Come on just a game............... Hey Eagle 07 sorry did not get back with you catch you tomorrow.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you what ,there are some great kids a Barbers Hill and I put all the blame on the COACHES for this game and last week for not going for it on Fourth down.

Why not blame them they only win ninety percent of their games.  ???

Against who ???? Playoffs is what counts, BH has been in weak districts for the past nine years! Once BH steps in the playoffs we are horribly out coached.

Why are you guys so emotional? Come on just a game............... Hey Eagle 07 sorry did not get back with you catch you tomorrow.

Just get tired of watch the same crap every year! While the majority of the BH nation just sit by and smile ;D Its that Blue blood that runs though me that wants these kids that work their tails off to have a chance in every game!

Wow, sounds like we have an AWESOME offense this year.  Tell me fellas, since I don't get to watch but 1 game a year when I get to make it back to the hill...is the problem the offensive scheme, wrong players in the wrong position, or is our talent level just that far behind our competition every week.  Next week will be way beyond UGLY I'm afraid!!!!!

Guest BIG HOUSE

Well this could have been ugly if the lumberton coaches would have kept it on the ground.....maybe a couple more td's.........

Great job Raiders keep the L-TRAIN ROLLING...........

Good luck to BH

Guest OvertheHill2008

I'm sorry, but since somebody brought up BH coaches I have to throw my 2 cents in.  Why is it that we let our best and brightest coaches leave BH ?  I know a coach at the junior high  (who should have been at the HS) last year who in 3 years never lost a game at the Hill.  (if you ever watched the 7th grade A football team last year you know what I'm talking about)     And Don Price gets away with running him off for personal reasons.  That's not how you keep quality people who can actually coach.

I'm sorry but when you bring up coaches, that's what I think about.

Wow, sounds like we have an AWESOME offense this year.  Tell me fellas, since I don't get to watch but 1 game a year when I get to make it back to the hill...is the problem the offensive scheme, wrong players in the wrong position, or is our talent level just that far behind our competition every week.  Next week will be way beyond UGLY I'm afraid!!!!!

My opinion is it is our offensive scheme along with the inability to make adjustments during the game. I think our offense is a defensive coordinators dream ;D No IMAGINATION!! 80 year old women are calling the plays in the stands before they happen ;D

i don't want to take anything away from the Raiders though, Great job Lumberton!!

I'm sorry, but since somebody brought up BH coaches I have to throw my 2 cents in.  Why is it that we let our best and brightest coaches leave BH ?  I know a coach at the junior high  (who should have been at the HS) last year who in 3 years never lost a game at the Hill.  (if you ever watched the 7th grade A football team last year you know what I'm talking about)     And Don Price gets away with running him off for personal reasons.  That's not how you keep quality people who can actually coach.

I'm sorry but when you bring up coaches, that's what I think about.

Its called the BH CLICK! All about Politics, Price needs to go ;D

BH offense actually looked pretty good, especially around the corners, unfortunately for them and fortunately for us our "suspect" secondary turns out to be really good. BH did makes some good moves around the outside corners though. Only problem I saw was the coaches depend on that quarterback to run the ball too much, they need to work on a running back and let the quarterback do his quarterbacking. If he gets hurt, and I pray he doesn't, it'll be because they are running him way too much. Lumberton's defense up the middle seems to be really really strong this year, they will carry us into the playoffs. We just need to work on that quarterbacks' passing, he has a good arm but his accuracy isn't very good as of yet. At least they put the stops on the fumbling this week, only 2, back to back of course, in the fourth quarter. Now let's work on penalties coach.

BH offense actually looked pretty good, especially around the corners, unfortunately for them and fortunately for us our "suspect" secondary turns out to be really good. BH did makes some good moves around the outside corners though. Only problem I saw was the coaches depend on that quarterback to run the ball too much, they need to work on a running back and let the quarterback do his quarterbacking. If he gets hurt, and I pray he doesn't, it'll be because they are running him way too much. Lumberton's defense up the middle seems to be really really strong this year, they will carry us into the playoffs. We just need to work on that quarterbacks' passing, he has a good arm but his accuracy isn't very good as of yet. At least they put the stops on the fumbling this week, only 2, back to back of course, in the fourth quarter. Now let's work on penalties coach.

Thanks for the info and I hope Lumberton rolls through district and gets back in the playoffs! I don't think yall will have a problem, goodluck!

Hey BHFan, I don't think anybody thinks you're disrespecting Lumberton at all. Nobody likes to lose; not the fans, not the parents and certainly not those young men laying it on the line on Friday or Saturday nights.  And yes, it's real easy for us to sit in the stands (or via the internet) and armchair coach.   It just sounds like from the updates on this thread, that Lumberton was prepared to play tonight, and well, we were not.  I just feel bad for those boys to work hard in practice everyday just to be set-up for failure because our coaching staff can't or won't make the necessary adjustments if it indeed, that is the cause.  Outplayed by more talented teams though...well, not much we can do about that is there?

Hey ETBU, I'm not laying the blame on the losses on the coaches UNLESS it's warranted.  Reread the post.  I am raising the issue that perhaps we don't have the talent necessary to compete this year,  well...WIN with the talent we have this year.  When a team with the tradition of The Hill, who expects to win, year-in and year-out, doesn't; well of course we're all going to start second-guessing the coaches or trying to find other reasons why we're not successful.  Thus is High School Football in Texas and I miss watching it every Friday night.  I love the Hill, I love the tradition and of course I want to see them do well and I don't want to make excuses as to why we're not successful. I just asked a question hoping that those that have the ability to watch a game could enlighten me as to why we're not winning.  Nothing more, nothing less.

bh, dont give up on your guys. i seen a pretty good team,with some really good athletes for u guys

thanks for a tough fought game & some really first class young men & fan base. i do love my raiders &

glad we came away with the win, but seriously bh can win at least 7 games & for sure ,i believe will

make the playoffs,bh is a class act & thanks again. turnovers did hurt bh, but some were caused, last

week we had 6 + turnovers so i know that stinks,way to go raiders, good win. ;D ;D

One of your best and brightest coaches in recent years was not run off. He took a better job as the AD/HFC in Commerce. It was time for him to get out from underneath "Uncle Don". The JH coaches in BH are nothing short of a bunch of arrogant jerks. Coach Baird is the exception. Also, there are some newer coaches (maybe second year in BH) that are class acts. The rest are hated and looked down upon by other coaches in the district. My experience coaching against BH is that their players are well coached, disciplined in their system, blue-collar ball players and motivated. My experience with their coaching staff has not been as pleasant. There is a reason why other coaches in the district encourage each other to "Kill the Hill".

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder