LC-M backs out of game with WO-S

KFDM COOP

is he scared to play WO-S or something???

says that he doesn't wanna play them cause it will set them behind for BC the following week??

lol whatever.

just let the kids play, thats all they wanna do, Win or Lose, thats all a Varsity player, especially a Senior wants to do...

Did I read that correctly??? Jasper vs. Kirbyville is now back on for Saturday night?  

Yup. Maybe now that LCM vs. WOS is the only game not being played he'll change his mind.

MANN. I DIDN'T KNOW JASPER AND KIRBYVILLE WAS BACK ON. I HOPE MOODY FOLLOWS THESE TEAMS AND ALL THE GRIEF HE'S GETTING CAUSES HIM TO PUT THE GAME BACK ON.

LET THE KIDS PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think this is a subject that will go away easily both on this site, in the paper, and in the community!  I personally don't think that this is a situation that should go away quietly and without punishment or an intelligent solution.  I would like to encourage as many people as possible to contact the supt and board members at lcm isd on wednesday.

I agree, guru!  Just don't see how one person can make the decision for the entire community....as someone mentioned earlier, money has ALREADY been spent on tickets, on programs, on concessions, on shirts especially made for the game.....Who is going to give those organizations their money back because they lost their chance to recoup their funds because one person made the decision to cancel the game?  He can say what he wants about there being "more to football than ticket sales and concessions."  Money has been spent that will never be recouped.....Perhaps they should send the bill to the LCM Athletic department.

This doesn't include the money that both schools would garner from gate attendance.

Had we had real damage in the community, I could certainly understand his position and feel that Coach Hooks certainly would have agreed with it. 

I agree, guru!  Just don't see how one person can make the decision for the entire community......

I completely disagree with Moody's call on this.... but it is his call to make. Coaching should not be done by committee or "the entire community". He was wrong in my opinion but it is his right to make that call.

Guest abovetherim

I agree, guru!  Just don't see how one person can make the decision for the entire community......

I completely disagree with Moody's call on this.... but it is his call to make. Coaching should not be done by committee or "the entire community". He was wrong in my opinion but it is his right to make that call.

Yep, but the school board has the right to judge his actions as the football HC and AD.

LC-M (SUPT)  years back when she was a cheerleader at stark high school and her brothers who played football also at orange would have had a fit if this would had happned in her days. she is a very very smark women and cares for the kids at lc-m (ALL THE KIDS IN  ORANGE COUNTY)

Yep, but the school board has the right to judge his actions as the football HC and AD.

As the LCM athletic director, Coach Moody has the right and power to make this decision...even if it's a dumb one.  BUT, he should have to answer to the LCM community and school board.  I'm an avid LCM supporter, have three children in the LCM school district, and have been a season ticket holder for about 20 years.  I ALWAYS try to support the decisions of school officials, but I'm having a hard time swallowing this one.  Coach Moody's reasoning for cancelling the game is weak at best.  The only way for us to get better is to work hard, be disciplined, AND play good competition. 

The worst thing for a struggling program is to have "spring work outs", an open week, and then cancel game 2.  How much farther can you put your our team behind?  For a guy who uses a lot of quotes and philosophies...this is a terrible lesson to be teaching.  Actions speak louder than words.

I hope they don't expect WOS to go to their stadium NEXT year!  They need to come to WOS to make up for this year. 

I wonder if he will pay me for my ticket that I bought. This was to be our biggest game as far as ticket sales and concessions go. What a disappointment.

I disagree somewhat. It should be his decision but he should have a valid reason for cancelling a game. How do we know they won't cancel next week. Being behind for next week is ridiculous.

As the LCM athletic director, Coach Moody has the right and power to make this decision...even if it's a dumb one.  BUT, he should have to answer to the LCM community and school board.  I'm an avid LCM supporter, have three children in the LCM school district, and have been a season ticket holder for about 20 years.  I ALWAYS try to support the decisions of school officials, but I'm having a hard time swallowing this one.  Coach Moody's reasoning for cancelling the game is weak at best.  The only way for us to get better is to work hard, be disciplined, AND play good competition.   

The worst thing for a struggling program is to have "spring work outs", an open week, and then cancel game 2.  How much farther can you put your our team behind?  For a guy who uses a lot of quotes and philosophies...this is a terrible lesson to be teaching.  Actions speak louder than words.

AMEN! Glad to hear some of the people from LCM aren't happy about this either.

i agree it was a bad move but it was his to make, at least it finally has the lcm family buzzing

The LCM family has been BUZZING for several years now ! Just most of the buzzing has been from the other sports that have been affected by the AD's decisions. But, at least now the whole school will be letting their feelings on the matter heard.......hopefully

This is a TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE decision to make for the kids and the LCM community ! Obviously someone does not bleed GREEN AND GOLD but YELLOW !

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder