Hull-Daisetta at Tenaha/Tenaha Rolls/Comments

Cats01

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tenaha has steadily improved to 8-3 in 2006 and a 10-4 run to the Division II regional finals last year in Class A. With eight offensive and nine defensive starters returning. All-State returner Marlon McClure will be utilized by Tyner at quarterback, running back and wide receiver to help give his triple threat even more opportunities to handle the football. Last year McClure (Sr.) finished the year with a school-record 29 touchdowns. He rushed for 910 yards and 13 touchdowns, while catching 47 passes for 863 yards and 15 more scores. He averaged 18.4 yards per catch. And, if that wasn’t enough, he scored on a kick return and interception as well. That’s right, he intercepted 12 passes on the season. And although he was injured part of the year and overshadowed, Tenaha running back Cameron Choice ran for 1,219 ‘quiet’ yards, averaging 7.1-yards per carry and scored 12 TDs. He also caught six passes for 78 yards. Choice has approximately 3,500 yards for his career at Tenaha. School mascot is the tiger.

H-D 21 Tenaha 18. The Bobcats will probably be without their 2nd best player Tre Dickerson. Tre is out with a shoulder injury for about 2 weeks. Think god we still have two other all-star players, Aaron Cook and Scottie Gilmore. And a whole host of other good players. Hopefully Coach Slake will have Aaron Cook our best player mirror or spy on Marlon McClure all night. The only way H-D can win is to shut down Mr. All-State himself McClure. Cook vs McClure Coach Slack !!! And Coach please do not kick to him, please squib kick the ball. This kid McClure is highschools version of Devin Hester !!! GO CATS !!!

I have done a little more research about Tenaha.... My findings is this..... H-D will go down hard in this one..  It seems as though Tenaha has too many player makers and returning starters. I see it being somewhat close in the first half, but Slacks lack of experience and the distance in which the Cats have to travel for this game will finally take there toll.  Sorry Cats I love you but Tenaha 31 Cats 6!!

Back in tha day I played football against McClure's Dad also a QB at Tenaha. I have seen Tenaha play several times in the last couple years & they are going to make some serious noise in 1A playoffs this year. HD will have their hands full but playing this type of talent but should only help get them ready for district!

I agree with you guys on this one, that HD will have their hands full with Teneha's athletes. HD usually always has speed to burn as far as small school ball is concerned, but this year's team is a more smash-mouth, run it down your throat team, with less speed than they typically have. It will be interesting to see if we can keep these Tiger playmakers from running wild. I like the fact that we're playing a 10-4 regional finalalist in pre-district, and not just some cupcake easy win. I see this being a high-scoring affair, going either way. Good luck Bobcats, and we'll be there to support you in this one!!! Win or lose, this is a good opportunity to see how we matchup with one of east texas' 1A bests.

Tenaha is going to be down because of the lose to Maud. H-D on the other hand is feeling very confident because of their win against 2A Hardin. Do not underestimate the talent H-D puts on the field. Aaron Cook, Scottie Gilmore, and Sam Elliott will lead the Bobcats to the upset victory !!!

Bobcats 21

Tigers  18

Tenaha is going to be down because of the lose to Maud. H-D on the other hand is feeling very confident because of their win against 2A Hardin. Do not underestimate the talent H-D puts on the field. Aaron Cook, Scottie Gilmore, and Sam Elliott will lead the Bobcats to the upset victory !!!

Bobcats 21

Tigers   18

Sounds good to me!!

GO CATS!!

I'm glad these two teams are playing that way it gives us more to talk about. Both teams are very strong! This game will depend on which team prepares on how to shut the other reams star player(s). I believe this game will count on who has the bigger game, McClure or Cook. I believe Cook will have another big game and that will help them win. 22-16

I am very bias when it comes to these boy cause i fill i am closer to alot of them than some of my family members. but from what i have read this will be a tuff game. we are lacking some speed that we have had in the past but their off better not take long to develop cause our front is as good as i have seen (myself that is) Matt dees scotty gilmore and the awesome KEVIN THOMPSON. we have some speed with fountain i look for i break out game fromm DE DE

I'm glad these two teams are playing that way it gives us more to talk about. Both teams are very strong! This game will depend on which team prepares on how to shut the other reams star player(s). I believe this game will count on who has the bigger game, McClure or Cook. I believe Cook will have another big game and that will help them win. 22-16

I think Cook will get his 150+yds on the ground, and McClure will make some spectacular plays for Tenaha as well. It may come down to who has a bigger game between Tiger's RB Choice and Bobcat's QB Sam Elliott. I've got my money on the left-handed gunslinger from Hull. (No pun intended Tombstone fans!)

if you read the bottom of bobcats9 page it says something like"there is no limit to what can be done when no one cares who gets the credit" that is these boys exactly i can tell you for sure elliott does not know how many yards he threw for, cook does not know how many yards he had, gilmore or dees do not know how many tackles they had. cook and elliott dont know their numbers from last year (elliott over 1500yds passing and not sure about cook off top of head). but what i am getting at is all these boys care about is a WIN!!!

if you read the bottom of bobcats9 page it says something like"there is no limit to what can be done when no one cares who gets the credit" that is these boys exactly i can tell you for sure elliott does not know how many yards he threw for, cook does not know how many yards he had, gilmore or dees do not know how many tackles they had. cook and elliott dont know their numbers from last year (elliott over 1500yds passing and not sure about cook off top of head). but what i am getting at is all these boys care about is a WIN!!!

That's great info to know, and that's how it should be!! That is one thing Coach Roberts instilled in us when we played for him. We didn't care who the leader rusher was or who had the most tackles week in and week out, as long as we were winning. I think Coach Slack must be doing the same thing with this group of Bobcats. We'd always say each player has to step up every week, because you never know when your time in the spotlight will come. A team is only as strong as it's weakest link, and this is a strong TEAM!!

GO CATS!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder