*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest baseball25

We got the good side of rita buddy..we are about to get the bad side of ike...if at freeport 90mph wind are very bad plus with alot of rain  bands coming at you the whole time..with rita we didn't get alot of rain....you got to understand the bad side and the good side of a storm.

I agree Coop is the man. I also agree that we need to take a chill pill or crack open a cold one and relax a bit. We have no control over where it is going to go. It is not up to us where this storm is going to go... We can only do what we can to minimize the effects. No matter what someone is going to get drilled by this big bad storm. If it is not us we need to remember how lucky we are and we need to try to help those folks in any way we can. And if it does turn our way I would hope that they would reach their hands out to us to help pick us up off the ground.

Again......

If meteorologists knew when, where and how strong a storm was going to be when it hit, there would be no debate.

There are no computer models, hunches, guesses or anything else that can tell when, where and how hard a hurricane is going to strike.

Educated guesses can be made on current data but even that is subject to change ever couple of hours. This is not an exact science.

Guest baseball25

Do you know why everyone is freaking out its becasue it was supposed to be going wnw all day today and its been going nw all day thats a big difference..also it was supposed to pick up speed and it hasn't and its stuck at 8mph and thats not good...This is a huge storm i mean huge thats what y'all don't understand..I keep in touch with 2 meteoroloigist that know there stuff and there worried..

We got the good side of rita buddy..we are about to get the bad side of ike...if at freeport 90mph wind are very bad plus with alot of rain  bands coming at you the whole time..with rita we didn't get alot of rain....you got to understand the bad side and the good side of a storm.

I do understand the good side and the bad side of a storm, buddy! I was simply saying to calm down. We will most likely not see the kind of damage that Rita created if it makes landfall in Freeport. Making comments like the one's you made only make alot of people more ancy.

Guest baseball25

I am going to leave just not leaving tonight...i am not trying to scare anyone just speaking the truth man...glaveston is already in a bind not evacuating i just don't want our area to get in a bind...

The plan from the Galveston mayor....

"The city is also going to provide shelters on the island, but not until Friday. Mayor Thomas also has asked people who stay to shelter in place. "

I think Nagin had the same idea....

....and we all know what happened after that >:(.

just called my fam, their not leaving unless its still moving NW in the morning.  :-\

gotta feeling Louisiana is going to be welcoming some good ol' Texas folks  8)

Guest baseball25

kfdm just said on tv that expect cat 1 friday night and sat or cat 2 winds...there going to leave it up to us to evacuate becasue they have waited so long to pull the trigger...I just don't want people to get stuck in this area...

so they want people to stay in 96-110 mph I just don't get it....

Well, I think they realized that they've messed up with the evacuations over the past couple of weeks. They pulled the trigger too soon with Gustav, and nothing happened. And now they've waited too long to order it for our area. This late in the game, if they ordered an evac then it would just make a bad situation on the roadways, worse. The best option, IMO, is for people to just stay put. HAve you noticed that BISD has not cancelled school, either?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder