*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is tough to hear. But with so much variance in the track of this storm resources have to be stretched pretty dang thin.

The state has sunk a lot of resources into Corpus Christi, and now they may be out of the woods.

Galveston really might get hammered.

They should have started clearing off the island today

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mayor of Galveston just said that it is too late for the citizens of Galveston to evacuate!!!!! ???  How can it be too late???

That's bull.. I'd be in my car and gone.

They aren't saying that you can't leave. They aren't going to lock the gates to the city. It just will not be mandatory. I would be on the move also.

I dont think anyone on here is disputing whether we can leave or not, the majority is floored due to the incompetence of our "leaders!!!" If the mandatory isnt called they should be ashamed and I hope the residents let their displeasure be heard!!!!  PATHETIC!!

Man, Galveston could have a tough time of it. I sure hope they can get some of those people out of there. Coop was mad about our emergency management, but just look how lackadaisical houston and galveston are being and they have a much better chance of being affected than we do.

Emergency Management has really messed up!!! They better do it at 6am or you talk about problems.

For Coop to make this statement means more to me than anything that I have seen about this situation. I'm sure he put a lot of thought in this comment before it was posted. I have heard from someone that says that they do not have the resources to get the 211 people out.

I think he was referring about Galveston.

Coop, were you referring to Galveston?

Emergency Management has really messed up!!! They better do it at 6am or you talk about problems.

For Coop to make this statement means more to me than anything that I have seen about this situation. I'm sure he put a lot of thought in this comment before it was posted. I have heard from someone that says that they do not have the resources to get the 211 people out.

Nope.

Man, Galveston could have a tough time of it. I sure hope they can get some of those people out of there. Coop was mad about our emergency management, but just look how lackadaisical houston and galveston are being and they have a much better chance of being affected than we do.

You have to error on the side of safety....

All the sites had Corpus this morning and they did nothing in Houston, now they may be in the bullseye.

They may have been reluctant since the recent Beaumont evacuation was really not necessary.

DONT WORRY COOP! I GOT YOUR BACK DAWG. I agree 100%

This is the hidden content, please

Gabriel Pruett's blog; updated Sept. 10

Gabriel Pruett

The Orange Leader

Something is starting to tell me Southeast Texas better prepare to get moving.

Ever just have that feeling?

We are waiting on the call for evacuations yet it does not take a government to call to leave for residents to be smart.

Hurricane Ike keeps moving closer to our area with each update.

I am starting to believe it is becoming late in the game to call for evacuations since it is aleady Wednesday and the storm is set to hit the Texas coast late Friday or early Saturday.

Evacuations means the removal of 84,966 people in Orange County and another 252,051 residents in Jefferson County according to the 2000 census.

That is a lot of people folks trying to get out of Southeast Texas at one time.

With that many people moving out at once on Thursday and early Friday, roads will be cluttered and motorists will not be in a good mood.

So if you can leave early, do so to avoid traffic and any kind of danger.

Also I just do not see all these football games slated for Thursday taking place.

I truly believe an evacuation will be announced at any moment and football games will not be the biggest concern in the minds of Southeast Texas residents.

We can only wait to see along with government officials.

Guest baseball25

penny yes theres a good chance of that and this is going to be so close to call..I mean we are looking at damged like rita...We got the good side of rita...we are about to get the bad side of ike...NOT GOOOD

Nope.

Thanks for your honesty. Thats what I thought you meant.

penny yes theres a good chance of that and this is going to be so close to call..I mean we are looking at damged like rita...We got the good side of rita...we are about to get the bad side of ike...NOT GOOOD

No we're not! If that thing makes landfall in Freeport as a Cat 3, like everyone seems to think, then we would likely see wind gusts of 70-90 mph. Nowhere near the wind Rita created when she came ashore. Everyone is already in a panic without people making comments like that! Just chill out a little!

I think everyone should give Coop a break from the "where do you think this is gonna hit" questions.   He's done a fantastic job of keeping everyone updated from this site.   We are lucky to have access to a knowledgeable person in a situation such as this.  Everyone should keep in mind though the hours that he and the other meteorologists are putting in right now.

Thanks for all the input Coop.  You're doing a great job.  I'm sure every time you get new info you will pass it along...just as you have been doing.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124