District 20 4A Looks Weak This Year

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

I'm not impressed with our District this year, I easily see Vidor making the playoffs along with Central. I'm worried about the Bulldogs, we have to get better on Defense and get away from the spread.

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

For all of you people that are already on here saying this district is weak this year and so on...First of all, it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early to be saying that. Only 1 game has been played. Second, speak for yourself/your team, not for all of these other teams in the district. Just because Ned didn't do very well last night doesn't mean that the entire district is weak. It may end up being weak when it is all said & done but as of right now it is way too early to tell. I think it makes it interesting that there seems to be some parity this year & not a clear cut favorite as of right now. Let's wait & see.

For all of you people that are already on here saying this district is weak this year and so on...First of all, it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too early to be saying that. Only 1 game has been played. Second, speak for yourself/your team, not for all of these other teams in the district. Just because Ned didn't do very well last night doesn't mean that the entire district is weak. It may end up being weak when it is all said & done but as of right now it is way too early to tell. I think it makes it interesting that there seems to be some parity this year & not a clear cut favorite as of right now. Let's wait & see.

Could not have said it better myself, your post is right on.

we need to go back to running first, then throw.

i just do not like the spread unless i am watching

texas tech,or south lake carroll, not us.

Carroll had Luna and Newton both average over 1000 yards per year.  I want to say each played 3 years on varsity for Carroll.....

Carroll had Luna and Newton both average over 1000 yards per year.  I want to say each played 3 years on varsity for Carroll.....

correct. newton was moved up as a freshman but didnt play

I am sure that Neumann would like the run first too but you have got to have a good back that can carry the load and line that can make the holes.  I haven't seen that in the last two years.

As far as a 20-4A team making it to the semifinals like Dayton did last year...

I don't think any of the 20-4A teams can do that.

What will be interesting is....

For the last decade 20-4A has dominated over 19-4A in the first round.

This year Dayton should easily take out any opponent they draw in the first round.

After that all three remaining games should be close.

Crosby vs PN-G (if they play) will be a good indicator of what might happen (still very early in the season and PN-G has lost most of this week in practice).

Odds are that 20-4A might only have one or two teams left after the first round.

I doubt 19-4A sweeps 20-4A but this would be the year it could happen.

Look for Central to take charge again and win district now that Dayton is out of the picture- the remaining three spots could go to any other team with the possible exeption of LCM. The district got weaker overall when Dayton was replaced with Livingston.

It should be more fun to watch this year, however.

I'm not impressed with our District this year, I easily see Vidor making the playoffs along with Central. I'm worried about the Bulldogs, we have to get better on Defense and get away from the spread.

How can you say this after one game? No one was saying this before WOS beat Nederland. Nederland will score alot of points. Maybe WOS just has a good team!

Guest gladiator2

Before the season began, all that we heard about was all of the weapons that Nederland had on offense and after being taken to the woodshed ya'll want to get rid of the spread. It is way to early to start making predictions. Burnett and the Indians use scrimmages and pre-district games to have all of the right personnel and try new wrinkles on offense and defense without showing too much. For the last several years all that Burnett talks about before the season begins is having his team ready for district. The team you see now is not what you will see later. I don't know about the rest of the district but I see PNG easily going into the 2nd round which is not saying much. We have a good backup QB and some quality backup RB'S so hopefully injuries will not derail this team. Good Luck to all!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    zaltameknu
    Newest Member
    zaltameknu