PNG Jasper Updates

There was a nice showing of jasper fans in the Bone yard tonight as well for PNG but they always have good support.Jasper passing game look real good D.B. arm is getting better.If they can use him and cameron stubbalfield tback up QB cause he has a real good arm with him and D.B. in the backfiled i think we can do so real good things this year. GO DOGS

Jasper looked real good, offense was moving the ball, and the defense stepped up tonight, Bailey connected with Spikes on  a 45 yard pass, and Bailey exploded on a 60-65 yard run. Ben Armstrong looked real good running the ball. Lets go dawgs

another Armstrong,  :D

any connection with Derrick?

Re: **POST SCRIMMAGE SCORES AND COMMENTS HERE**

« Reply #120 on: Today at 10:02:27 AM » Quote Modify Remove 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: dawg4life on Today at 03:24:50 AM

Quote from: HoopInsider_Cooper on August 16, 2008, 10:45:25 PM

I remember several years ago a Jasper group under Danny Lauve go to Mid County and get crushed in a scrimmage...End result? They lost to Burnet in the 3A state championship.

Scrimmages=controlled practices.

very good point you mention..............but being the dawg4life that i am (jasper dawg that is) just a f.y.i  for future reference  the DAWGS lost to Burnet in the state semi's 2002 and 2003 before finally playing Gilmer in 2004 for the state champ.

by the way the crushing was returned today to mid county via the 5-1 victory over png played at the BoneYard.

hahaha ill admit that. yall didnt crush us  but we got beat pretty bad. just couldnt wrap up and finish the tackle was our main problem. still need to fix many things. move a couple of players around and what not. but overall i think we'll be pretty good this year from what i saw. heard we had some key players out dud to injuries but will be back soon.

--just from what i saw last night  i wouldnt be surprised if jasper went deep into the playoffs and maybe made a state run at the title.. they have a very good team and they swarm to the football

Good to see Jasper back on the radar again. I've always kept an eye on them due to the rivalry they have with WOS. A couple of years ago, I watched their Freshman and JV teams lose to Orangefield while their varisty was man handled by them. I couldn't help but think that they were on a downward spiral. It looks like Brooks has turned that around and it's good to see. He's a great coach!

I have been to some of our practices and from what I herd about the scrimmage we still have some work to do on our positions I do not think this spells doom for PN-G Jasper is extremely talented with good coaches and players. Jasper is going to do well this season and I think PN-G will also. We had 3 or 4 starters missing according to someone I spoke to who was at the scrimmage. I think Jasper deserves a congrats on there play but I dont think many people expected much less from them. We have a new group on defense and it will take time for them to gel. Once again good job Jasper Ill be pulling for you guys in the Playoffs this season

Good to see Jasper back on the radar again. I've always kept an eye on them due to the rivalry they have with WOS. A couple of years ago, I watched their Freshman and JV teams lose to Orangefield while their varsity was man handled by them. I couldn't help but think that they were on a downward spiral. It looks like Brooks has turned that around and it's good to see. He's a great coach!

Jasper coaches seems to have the kids focused this year, but it will be a long season for all teams, good luck to everyone.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder