Little League World Series Thread

Guest gladiator2

Just as I said earlier when All-Stars began, SLC was going to make some noise. I will say this Lamar gave them everything that they could handle. I was hoping to see the Fontenot kid pitch (he played SS) and hit the tying HR in the bottom of the 6th. I've seen this kid pitch at Ford park for the Texas Nationals this year and he can really bring it. This a great baseball game to watch. It was sad to see it end the way it did. My son has played against a lot of these kid's since he was 8 yrs old. Almost all of SLC's all star team has played together for the Lake Area Pirates since they were 7. They gave up select ball this year and played LL this year and it paid off in a big way. A very relentless group of 11/12 yr olds.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gladiator2

Fontenot, was inelgible to pitch until the championship game. The biggest question was why they did not leave Quinn in the gane when he still had about 7 pitches to go and he had already struck the #2 hole hitter out twice. With 7 pitches he probally could have faced two batters and then turned it over to someone else. That coach will be second guessing himself for a long time, but they still had one hell of a ride and should really feel fortunate to make it that far. Most people who have coached this game for a while has made decisions that have come back to haunt them but aall you can do is try to learn from them. I was really looking forward to seeing Fontenot pitching against Mexico and winning the championship, being as my son has played against this group of boys several times since they were 8 years old. You gotta feel for the boys!!

Quinn only had 2 pitches left, I think his total was 83. Fontenot against Mexico would have been good, Mexico was the best hitting team in the tournament and they had their ace on the hill lined up as well. Had the potential to be a great one. Japan will be no walk in the park, their big lefty should throw tomorrow and LC has had trouble with the southpaws. 

Fontenot, was inelgible to pitch until the championship game. The biggest question was why they did not leave Quinn in the gane when he still had about 7 pitches to go and he had already struck the #2 hole hitter out twice. With 7 pitches he probally could have faced two batters and then turned it over to someone else. That coach will be second guessing himself for a long time, but they still had one heck of a ride and should really feel fortunate to make it that far. Most people who have coached this game for a while has made decisions that have come back to haunt them but aall you can do is try to learn from them. I was really looking forward to seeing Fontenot pitching against Mexico and winning the championship, being as my son has played against this group of boys several times since they were 8 years old. You gotta feel for the boys!!

I watched the 2nd half of this game and i'll definitely say the coach should be second guessing himself.  I didnt hear them say it on TV, but if that kid had 7 pitches left i wouldve left him in till he was done.  That coach also waited too long to pull the first reliever out in the 6th.  That kid was getting hit hard and shouldve been pulled a good 2-3 batters before he got out.  To make matters worse, i believe that same kid was the one who couldnt field the ground ball at first base with the bases loaded and 2 outs that wouldve ended the game.  Watching the game from home, i wasnt happy with the decisions made on the field and i can imagine there are a lot of unhappy Lake Charles fans right now.

Guest Orangeboy

I hated seeing the local team lose as well, I was really hoping to see the Fontenot kid pitched against the loaded Mexican lineup. But I really enjoyed the no-quit in the Hawaii team. They give us a good shot at winning as well. Go USA!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder